Steep dive = shut down?

kingneptune117

For some reason a lot of times when I do a steep dive, and keep the dive going for a long period of time, my aircraft will completely shut off. Even the attitude indicator's red line thing goes back to where it was. It is as if the airplane is going back to a cold and dark configuration.

On top of that, my aircraft then proceeds to either lose one of its wings or spontaneously combust. Not sure what the problem is. It happens when I approach 420+ knots so it's not as if I am overspeeding it. Infact, in my most recent dive from 20,000ft, I made sure to lower the throttle all the way so I wouldnt overspeed.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

i was having this happen to me a good bit in B4... haven't tried it in final yet, but i wasn't going to be the first to mention it happening... I've come to avoid real steep dives with it, although I did get one of the engines to relight on one of these shutdowns and got it back to the airport one time..

Edited by Aylward

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please... please... please... let the next DCS module be an F-18 fighter aircraft :worthy:

The dashed needle on the airspeed indicator is the max indicated airspeed. If you stay below it, you should be fine. Maybe the engines are shutting down from negative g and the generators are cutting out?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

So does anyone know the exact problem here?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Gravity fed engines so when inverted fuel wont reach the engines and uses a small tank that only holds fuel for about 10 secs. Once empty you will flame out.

• Like 1

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Negative g stalls the engines, max ng can only be held for a couple of seconds as what happerns when u fly inverted

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

King neptune, I believe it was due to rapidly pulling the throttles back in the dive. This has happened to me a few times in Beta's and in final release.

It was mentioned in a previous thread about a month or two back, and one of the ED testers confirmed that a quick cutting back of the throttles to idle can cause a engine to shut down. They will relight if you have the time/altitude.

If I remember correctly, the solution was to pull the throttles back down slowly. Since that thread, I now move my throttles with a lot more care in a dive, and have not had the problem repeat itself.

I hope this helps.

Edited by WarriorX

Yeah, the Hog gets nervous the moment you start treating it like it's F-16..:music_whistling:

I was avoiding a missile, I pulled some crazy manoeuvre while watching in F6 view... lost both engines and power due to the crazy manoeuvres i was pulling.... but i did escape and got back to base on one engine.. :D

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4