An hour with a laminator...

MrYenko

this is awesome. love the mission data card.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Nice! Hmmm I think I may have to do the same thing :).

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Very nice :)

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

o0o0o0o very nice idea with the lamination and using a marker.... you can just wipe clean when done n start over... I may have to look into this as well.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core @ 3.07 GHz

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Cougar

Track IR v4

It's not like you have to laminate them either. For a slightly less elegant solution, just purchase transparent binder sheaths for pages and stick your printed mission card in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

It's is nice but what for?

Will you give someone filled checklists and mission's summary?

Having only for myself eeer don't see sense :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's is nice but what for?

Will you give someone filled checklists and mission's summary?

Having only for myself eeer don't see sense :D

I fly online all the time and it's nice to use (especially the mission data card) on the fly...Our RW pilots write notes on the canopy with wax pencils, basically I do the same with these....

The point of laminating is I don't go through a ton of paper just wipe off notes from the last mission and go on to the next. Plus it helps when I debrief after a flight with my V squadron...

Edited by Snoopy

Just laminated my set. Added the patch of my squadron though. Paulrkiii, if it's alright with you, I'd be willing to make up a bunch of the checklists, laminate them and pass them around. For a small fee to cover supplies and shipping.... for people without the time or will to make them.

5564835813_f074db69e1_b.jpg

5564838541_7ebd6ac637_b.jpg

Edited by hog_driver111th

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

snip

Hog_Driver, just which document is that anyway? I looked for it on the wiki, but couldn't find it.

I already have the mission sheet and 9-line callsheet laminated (along with the HOTAS and default keyboard reference), but not that one...

Thank you.

Itkovian

Hog_Driver, just which document is that anyway? I looked for it on the wiki, but couldn't find it.

I already have the mission sheet and 9-line callsheet laminated (along with the HOTAS and default keyboard reference), but not that one...

Thank you.

Itkovian

He is using my checklists (pdf files are in my signature). If you want to modify the checklists I'd be happy to send you the word files.

Speaking of the wiki, I was going to upload them their but don't know how...

Regarding using marker pens. I´m sure there are different models of erasable whiteboard marker pens, but I usually stea... borrow different whiteboard marker pens from work. They are 5mm wide which means a bit tricky to write small text with.

When I fly IRL I instead use overhead markers on the laminated map. They have a fine point which makes writing simple and pretty. You can easily erase the text by taking your whiteboard marker and "doodle" (can´t find a proper word in english for it) over the "permanent" text. The whiteboard marker will dissolve the overhead pen text (suspect it contains alcohol). Wipe off with tissue or a marker board eraser.

I also have found a "permanent" pen which has a piece of foam at the other end which works the same way. However I always come back to the overhead + whiteboard combo for writing/erasing on laminated surfaces.

Hope it helps.

I'm off on vacation at the moment, but will be back home this weekend. I'm selling Paulrkiii's checklist laminated with a ring as seen in my photos a page back. If you would like your own patch on the front covers, send me the image. I'm selling them at $13 (10€) before shipping. Shipping will be calculated on the number of orders per location i get... (ie: US, EU). If you are interested, send me an email with your info and put "Checklist purchase" as the subject. I can also translate into German if anyone wants.

Again, I am not home until this weekend. Any orders i get will be sent out shortly after depending on if my rings arrive in time.

j.mcpeek09@googlemail.com

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]