iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)  

222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

boarders2

I am having difficulty turning on the ILS with IControl. I can turn it on in the cockpit, but I don't seem to able to do it on the Ipad.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boarders2

I am having difficulty turning on the ILS with IControl. I can turn it on in the cockpit, but I don't seem to able to do it on the Ipad.

iControl DCS doesn't support turning ILS on or off. I couldn't find a good way to do this on the iPad. I'll look into it for future versions, though!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Hi, was the issue fixed in the new version to run iControl alongside Helios? Just wondering cos I'm about to buy an iPad mini just for the cdu in my home pit

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 2 weeks later...

hey boarder, I have both 1.1.1.1 and 1.2.3 A-10C. I currently have ictrl running on 1.1.1.1. How can I set it to run on 1.2.3 world? thanks

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi, was the issue fixed in the new version to run iControl alongside Helios? Just wondering cos I'm about to buy an iPad mini just for the cdu in my home pit

Yes, it should work. You can test using A-10 VC Free (You won't get the CDU, but it'll at least you'll see that it works!)

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

hey boarder, I have both 1.1.1.1 and 1.2.3 A-10C. I currently have ictrl running on 1.1.1.1. How can I set it to run on 1.2.3 world? thanks

You can find instructions for installing and configuring here http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html#help

If you need more help, feel free to contact me via the support site.

• Like 1

Does iControl DCS support iPad 1st generaton?

P.S. Considering to buy few used ones specifically for DCS/FSX touch cockpit :D

yes. I have one and it goes well!

• Like 1

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Hi Boarder2, are you still interested in making Android version of iControl DCS?

Would love to also buy it, to use with Galaxy Tab 8.9 together with iPad.

I am still interested, however I don't have any news to report other than don't expect it any time soon.

That's my official statement... unofficially... I have a Nexus 7 sitting here that I got last week. And that's all I'll say about that. :music_whistling:

Got this for my iPad mini and it works like a dream. Although there does seem to be a conflict with (I assume) Helios but not often. Plus the iPad mini fits my pit perfectly

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work well with Black Shark as well?

Does it work well with an iPad Mini? I see comments in the thread about CDU only, but not sure if that is out of necessity due to the level of support or since in this setup the Mini is the "extra" iPad...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance you develop another page that has just one MFD on it and have it maxed out to fill the entire screen.

The larger the image the easier it is to find the bad guys on the TGP. I know about the double tap on the existing MFDs but I mean MAX out the image as large as possibel even sacrificing the sides of the MFD or make them as small as possible.

Thanks

Edited by Warhog

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Is there any chance you develop another page that has just one MFD on it and have it maxed out to fill the entire screen.

The larger the image the easier it is to find the bad guys on the TGP. I know about the double tap on the existing MFDs but I mean MAX out the image as large as possibel even sacrificing the sides of the MCD or make them as small as possible.

Thanks

I'll take it into consideration for a future version!

hmmm - this was working very well for me until today - i reinstalled A10 on and ssd after my HD failed and now i cannot connect to icrontrol with the ipad. It keeps searching.... "not connected."

i checked my port forwarding and all is good there - 22268 set in the router but i cant see it on "Canyouseeme.org"

any ideas?

i also installed bonjour and confirmed it is running but my ipad just cant find the server and the server also doesnt light green for the sim either.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

hmmm - this was working very well for me until today - i reinstalled A10 on and ssd after my HD failed and now i cannot connect to icrontrol with the ipad. It keeps searching.... "not connected."

i checked my port forwarding and all is good there - 22268 set in the router but i cant see it on "Canyouseeme.org"

any ideas?

i also installed bonjour and confirmed it is running but my ipad just cant find the server and the server also doesnt light green for the sim either.

You shouldn't be connecting through the Internet so you definitely don't need and don't want to forward ports on your router. It should be on local WiFi. Make sure the ports are unblocked on your PC firewall.

any ideas?

You can always click on red button on ipad app and manually enter ip of pc where server application is installed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

^^ that was it - the firewall had a block in place contradicting the pass rule i had in place.

Cheers - all is working again!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

^^ that was it - the firewall had a block in place contradicting the pass rule i had in place.

Cheers - all is working again!

Yay! Enjoy! :thumbup::pilotfly:

• Like 1

Yay! Enjoy! :thumbup::pilotfly:

... i always do :)

BTW - any updates planned to have additional screens for the other DCS titles in the same app?

... i always do :)

BTW - any updates planned to have additional screens for the other DCS titles in the same app?

I'd love to do the UH-1H. I just need more time in my life :)

We'll see!

I just recently got an iPad mini, and am interested in trying icontroldcs with it. I've read this entire thread, and I'm confused about a few things that I'd like to understand before I go ahead.

Will it work with DCS world 1.2.4?

I have win 8 and GTX670, so if I understand correctly I can create a second 'virtual' display just by simply entering screen resolution setting (right click desktop) and adding the second screen. I've looked at this but got a bit confused by the options.Is there a step by step guide to this?

Will it affect my other DCS modules, like will I need to mess about with monitor set ups or full screen mode when reverting back to say P51 or Fc3?

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Will it work with DCS world 1.2.4?

Yes.

I have win 8 and GTX670, so if I understand correctly I can create a second 'virtual' display just by simply entering screen resolution setting (right click desktop) and adding the second screen. I've looked at this but got a bit confused by the options.Is there a step by step guide to this?

I don't officially support this method, so I can't really help you out here. I do know that Windows 8 changed how creating software displays works, so the guides that exist may not work. I run Windows 8 just fine with the MFCD/CDU exported to physical displays, however.

Will it affect my other DCS modules, like will I need to mess about with monitor set ups or full screen mode when reverting back to say P51 or Fc3?

It will change the display to be windowed mode and that will affect all modules. This is generally not a problem for modern video cards (Has a minimal impact on FPS). If you have special exports in other modules you'd need to manually switch to another display configuration as well.

You can give A-10 VC Free a try (and I strongly encourage everyone to do so) from the App Store

If you don't like how it works, the instructions for uninstalling are #6 here