Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

Not exactly the Beta.

What's available with Arrowhead is the Community Preview.

(Always had some problem to exactly define what is the CP, is that an upgraded version of A2 or a downgraded version of ToH ?)

The CP just give the opportunity to try the MD500 and its -WIP- flight model.

The beta will (is?) be available for people who have preordered the game. It contains :

• The light and medium civil helicopter classes are included, enabling a wide range of gameplay possibilities.
  • Try your hand at sling-loading, fast-roping, Forward-Looking Infra-Red, low-level flight, and much more besides!
  • A big chunk of our Seattle environment – including Downtown and the Space Needle – forms part of the Pre-Order Beta.
  • Players can explore their own heliport, and take to the skies above ~30x30km of Seattle – at any time of day, and in any kind of weather!
  • and much more...

More info in my post on the previous page ;)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy operation arrowhead and you can download and fly the beta.:thumbup:

I allready tried all CPs.;) It`s of course a change from Arma`s FMs, though no Vortex Ring yet; I can raise collective and climb without bother with power, altitude...; flying with 4 persons instead of 1 on board doesn`t change anything etc...(all on expert settings, of course). The comming Beta may be different (I pre-ordered), who knows yet.

No dev care to answer in my "Pants down...How you calculate the flight model?" thread yet.:suspect:

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Just like what Mr Charles said when he posted this pic on the BI forums

That pic is like a conglomeration of about 5 different helicopters, including Bell 412, 407, and 429. That's why it bugs me so much, I guess...I don't know what they call it in-game, and it mostly looks like a 412...like mentioned previously it must be a licensing issue...*shrug*.

I'm sure I'll still buy it, though.

EDIT: Interesting thought...since that aircraft just looks similar to a Bell 412, perhaps the entire thing will be notional. In other words, BI can give it any kind of performance they want without having to stricly model a Bell 412, since it's obviously not a 412, it just sort of looks similar to one. The MD500, on the other hand, looks pretty exact, so I'd expect that one to be closer to the real thing. Of course, I have no evidence for any of this, I'm just rambling.

Edited by AlphaOneSix

I wouldn't worry so much about the licensing issues.

ToH really seems to follow the ArmA's way in terms of "moddability".

As you might know the ArmA community is made of many talented modders and I know for a fact that many of them are looking forward to ToH. It offers a lot of new possibilities to them

Just take a look at what NodUnit and Franze are creating for ArmA (an infantry based game!). And now imagine what they could achieve in a proper heli sim smile.gif

pic1.jpg?t=1310567013

pic2.jpg?t=1310567017

r3.jpg?t=1301518019

Pylons elevation :

Still worried ? ;)

Still worried ? ;)

Well if what you're saying is that the community can introduce mods of specific aircraft with detailed fligh models and systems specific to that aircraft, with a decent degree of realism (different for everyone but you get the idea) then no, I'm not worried at all.

Also, my idea of "decent level of realism" can change based on what system is involved. In other words, I don't care at all if the radar is modelled perfectly on an AH-64D Longbow, but I would expect the nose to turn to turn to the right when the collective is raised, for example.

I seriously doubt ToH will have really advanced flight models.

Think somewhere between ArmA2's flight model and DCS being closer to the middle rather than closer to DCS.

For all intensive purposes, think of it as a "Sim-Lite" If you're wanting total realism, then wait for the next DCS. If you can be happy with a sim-lite to have fun with, then it should be a good purchase. It'll also be interesting to see what the modders do altho one must remember that they cannot mod the engine itself.

Honestly, I'm more interested in gameplay and variety of missions than DCS level flight dynamics. While I love Black Shark and play DCS a lot, it's limited to ground attack only. I believe Take On will be a fresh look at helicopter simulations.

I agree fully, i won't by any means complain if the FM are dcsevel, but definitly not expecting them to be. The concept of this game is interesting enough for me to forgive any "gamey" elements that may come with the package. My view on fidelity remains high, but I don't expect every developer to walk the same line when it comes to fligh sims.

Light sims hold a very special place in my heart and always will. :D.

It does look amazing and i cant wait to get rocking on sling loads, i bet its going to eat my 6970 alive tho and even worse when putting 3d on, perhaps time for another one, just upgraded to 5x1 too (amazing)

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Its really looking to be promising ... I m each time more interested.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Expected at around 1600 GMT.

Pre-order beta release is planned for 1600 GMT today unless something goes really wrong.

quoted from their forum.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.