Easy Monitor Configurator

icemaker

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love your effort for bringing something that makes it easier to arrange multiple displays in DCS. I have some experience with the .lua file, but this program really changes the situation for a lot of us. And for once, i had a lot of fun hacking stuff like Shkval onto a second monitor. (This time, my iphone using iDisplay.) I used the file created, and fine-tuned the positions to perfection. :)

Some questions though, after i installed your program and made a .lua file for KA-50.

1- Activating Shkval and bringing it up on a seperate display made the ABRIS appear on the right half of my main screen. To "elimiate" this, i activated the ABRIS in EMC and configured it towards 10px-10px. (I had a look in the .Lua file and edited ABRIS to appear in the bottom corner.) It seems to me that this is a "Can't have one, without the other"-situation, probably game-set, but does anyone know?

2- After i was content with the settings, i sendt the finished file to a friend. But he could'nt get it working without having to install and configure EMC. (Worked after the .lua-import procedure was done by EMC.) Is there a way to bypass this? Not that it matters though... Just curious.

3- I would love it if you could, when time is abundant ;) , implement a "advanced" mode, so that users fine-tune their pixels. That would definetly be a big plus. :)

Anyways... Keep up the good work! This really helped me.

/Redbow

Avira Antivirus reports the TR/Dropper.Gen2 Virus when I try to Launch the program........

same here!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Hello all,

The avira alert is due to the use of AutoIT for making my software, maybe i'll rewrite all my program in VB or C# but it's more than 8000 lines of code to rewrite and i don't have much time this days. :(

I'm working on a new release of EMC but as said before i really don't have much time this days for this

• Like 1

please google avira+false+positive.

...and while you on it , also google for a better virus scanner.

Would you be kind enough to share your wisdom on the better program question? ;)

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

I'm re-posting this question in this thread because A) I've only noticed the issue when I build an .lua using the Easy Monitor Configuration mod and B) no one answered me in the bugs & problems thread under A-10C.

Since the original post, I've noticed that heat blur works fine as long as I'm running centerview point at 1920x1080. In the past I've stretch the centerview point over three monitors for a 5760x1080 resolution.

Hey guys,

Finally had time for the headache of upgrading from 1.1.0.7 to 1.2.3. Hoping the auto updater is as good as advertised.

The issue I'm having is with my A-10C engine exhaust...apparently it is the heat blur option in Menu Options.

Pretty straight forward, it's not working right. Attempted to run updater, tried to use the repair utility, looked for updated drivers for my ATI card...there weren't any. I finally got all of my controls dialed back in after the massive re-install. Anyone have any ideas?

attachment.php?attachmentid=78805&d=1364187667

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek X-65F, Pro Flight Pedals & Headset / TM Cougar MFD's / CH MFP / TrackIR 5 / AMD Phenom II 965 x4 @ 3.40 ghz / Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 2GB / Corsair Dominator 8 GB DDR3 / WD Velociraptor HD / Windows 7 64bit / ASUS M4A89TD PRO MB / 3 ASUS VH236 Full HD 23" Monitors (Eyefinity is awesome :thumbup:) /

Hello EMC does not allow me to move any display to my monitor which is on the left side of my main monitor. Any way to fix this?

EDIT: Hell it seems like EMC does not take into consideration that x and y values can be negative. Seems pretty easy to fix however i have no experience in this kind of things :( .

EDIT 2 : I am finding contrary information regarding weather it is possible for those values to be negative or not. For example the dummies guide to monitor setup says it is possible.

Edited by xatu miller

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your main monitor must be in the upper left corner of your Windows desktop regardless of where it is physically.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hello EMC does not allow me to move any display to my monitor which is on the left side of my main monitor. Any way to fix this?

EDIT: Hell it seems like EMC does not take into consideration that x and y values can be negative. Seems pretty easy to fix however i have no experience in this kind of things :( .

EDIT 2 : I am finding contrary information regarding weather it is possible for those values to be negative or not. For example the dummies guide to monitor setup says it is possible.

Please see Post#183 too for further explanation. It´s not EMC. It´s DCS and EMC just does not allow you to create a LUA which will crash DCS (which is good I think) :D

• 4 weeks later...

lua files missing from dropdowns / corrupt on opening?

I've been using EMC and have two issues I'm hoping someone can help with. First, I an can create the .lua files, and everythign seems to work as it's supposed to. If I re-open EMC, however, all the exports open in a pile in the center of my touchscreen - it's as if when I reopen the script to edit using EMC, it remembers what's supposed to be on the screen, but none of the actual location information for where each of the elements go.

Second, is that when I try to select the .lua using that was created in the "monitors" drop down in DCS World, they are frequently missing from the list. It's as if DCS World isn't even seeing the .luas that are created using EMC. Even weirder, is sometimes they will appear once, be playable, and then disappear.

Any guidance anyone has on this problem would be appreciated. I spent the whole weekend working on this, and I'm baffled...

I am having a similar issue that JimRNJ is having. The screen presets do not appear on their list in the options menu. I found that this is caused by their lua files not being fully created. For example the first few lines that are essential are not written.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, when I run EMC i dont get any selectable gauges. there is no A-10C tab to select, all I have is an FC3 placeholder and a misc. No A-10C or gauses, I can only select centre point and gui.

emcroot.jpg

I then get this message and I click yes and nothing happens

emcluamessage.jpg

Then this, no A-10C......

emcv1e.jpg

Edited by Mr_Burns

Thank you on this great utility!!! It still works fine in 1.2.4 and I was able to export KA-50 stuff without any problem... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Hi all, when I run EMC i dont get any selectable gauges. there is no A-10C tab to select, all I have is an FC3 placeholder and a misc. No A-10C or gauses, I can only select centre point and gui.

emcroot.jpg

I then get this message and I click yes and nothing happens

emcluamessage.jpg

Then this, no A-10C......

emcv1e.jpg

Shameless BUMP

Shameless BUMP

EMC can't find your A-10C registry key/install .

Please tell if there is something unusual about your A10C module installation.

Could it be that your installed EMC/A-10c Without admin rights?

Ad all possible info.

Maybe a reinstall of the A-10C 1.2.4 module for DCS World will fix it.

Edited by PeterP

removed, issue fixed itself uon rerunningy ideas?

Please add more (much more detailed) info what exactly is happening.

About the browser

>>>

Sorry-

This bug is already reported .

And it won't be triggered again if you start EMC again.

If you didn't made any changes in EMC you didn't installed/changed files in your DCS World installation.

Just use the UN-installer and you should be fine. (see picture two posts above)

And again: after it happened once , it will not happen again ... and EMC is save to use.

A fix is in the pipeline. - that's all I can say.

Edited by PeterP

EMC can't find your A-10C registry key/install .

Please tell if there is something unusual about your A10C module installation.

Could it be that your installed EMC/A-10c Without admin rights?

Ad all possible info.

Maybe a reinstall of the A-10C 1.2.4 module for DCS World will fix it.

I am beginning to think there is, I cant play A-10c campaign in DCS (not used it since DCS World) so i am trying to reinstall - thanks PP

thanks Peter, you must have seen the original post. I dont know why my edit still asks for ideas! :)

Now when I click on new things seem to work but my newly named profile does not appear in the dropdown and when i click save it gives me error writing file. No UAC issues here. Answer is probably in the thread so I will check.