ArmA III

Eight Ball

Come on now, you do know exactly what I'm talking about... Why would you need "V" to walk over the pebbel on the road? And what is the point of "sneaking in prone" if sometimes you need to stand up and "V"? This is the only game I know in which infantry can move only in 2D...

You do know the V key don't you? That's the key to overcome obstacles.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like white men...Soldiers don't jump!

Looking forward to Arma3, screens look great.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

I'm not talking about jumping like a rabbit, like peeps do it in BF3, I'm talking about sensible jumping over small obstacles and yes I know what it feels like runing and jumping with 40kg. (~90 pounds), and yes, it's not easy, but not impossible.

Have you tried jumping in full cambat/fighting order???

It aint easy.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good thing I'm getting a new computer, it looks good!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Have you tried jumping in full cambat/fighting order???

It aint easy.

Yeah, but having to "V" over a 1 - inch concrete step is pretty bad. And when moving prone, your guy suddenly (and automatically!) jumps up to clear a pebble is life altering. Two BAD bugs.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Yeah, but having to "V" over a 1 - inch concrete step is pretty bad. And when moving prone, your guy suddenly (and automatically!) jumps up to clear a pebble is life altering. Two BAD bugs.

Strange.. doesn't happen to me.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

If you are refering to the ACE settings , no this is not the one marked in ace Clippie tool

No Voice - Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter

This does not seem to control the idle chatter from troops standing about or vechs :(

Mine is ticked and it does nothing

Do you know how to switch it off apart from using a script in a mission to disable it ?

I would really like to know

I will look it up for you. Just moved to Ireland from Holland so i dont have my computer here right now. But from memory you probably should disable it in one of the ACE files.

This is nitpicking over a not so importend bad feature. There are 1000 things i can say about this game that are actually better than the rails shooters and are not even in the rails shooters. And there are also other things i hate about Arma but i can simply ignore because its nothing compared to the freedom you get in this game. And together with the DCS guy's it belongs to one of the best community's.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Forget my old feature list.. Here is the official one.

arma3_screenshot_1107_003.jpg

And some tiny screenshots :)

tiny_1.jpg

tiny_2.jpg

tiny_3.jpg

tiny_4.jpg

tiny_5.jpg

tiny_6.jpg

Game features :

Game engine:

•Physical simulation & improved animations:

Take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.

•Volumetric clouds

•The net code is beeing optimized.

•4 times more detailed ground textures

•Improved Data-Streaming

•Improved micro AI and pathfinding

•Improved water simulation (visually as well as physically)

•Blending from animations to ragdoll

•Higher particle limit

•More audio samples

•New scripting technology

•New lighting tech/HDR ( JC twitter feed)

•JAVA

•Render to Texture

•Improved lighting tech

Artistic direction:

•The game will feature more powerfull sounds, similar to popular sound mods.

•Heat haze effect

Gameplay:

•Customizable Soldier Load:

Choose your uniform (2), assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get loaded up.

•Multiplayer Gameplay:

Challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.

•Completely Extensible & Moddable:

Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

•Underwater operations now supported (2)

•HALO

•All the buildings on Lemnos are enterable and can be destroyed. .

•Weapon modification on the fly is now possible.

•The game will feature a 3D editor.[/b]

•Action menus will be improved

•Helicopter sounds will be on par with the ones in TOH.

•The game will include the Take On Helicopters flight model, however it will not be avaiable in the main SP campaign.

•The Mk8 SDV will have a periscope.

•The player will be able to attach explosive charges to enemy boat huls and other vehicles.[/b]

•The player will be able to remotely operate mortars .

•Helmet mounted cameras

•Objects like tactical vests will have weight and different carrying capacities.

•Headgear will offer different levels of projectile protection.

•PvP will be improved.

•The game will feature an improved wounding system (no specifics for now

•Improved MP interface

•Improved command interface

•The player will be able to wear civilian clothes

•Hands now move with the steering wheel.

•Different muzzle flash samples

•Grenade launcher zeroing works like in real life.

•There will be a dropdown menu in the editor where you can customize your soliders gear such as camo,headgear, balistic vest and backpack.

•Fastroping will be suported.

•Shockwaves will be simulated.

•Different camo-types ( urban etc)

•Your loadout will affect your mobility- enhanced fatigue system

•Iimproved UAV's

•Iimproved artillery system- set the angle etc manually

•Vehicles can now be towed.

•Micro UAV's that can be deployed on a squad level.

•Some weapons platforms can be operated remotely and some can function on their own.

•All the stationary armament can be dismantled and transported by troops or vehicles.

•The MP chat system will be improved.

•Modular vehicle turrets

•Multiple types of 45 mm rockets ( in AA,AT,AP)

•Working mirrors and MFD's

Sort of confirmed/developer wishes:

IFF transponders

Shooting out of vehicles.

Integrated mod support.

British special forces and eastern naval infantry.

Rich & authentic environment:

Limnos island information

Explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.

The island is 2.4 times bigger then Takistan .

The island will have 50 villages .

Limnos is the only island present in the game.

You can find coves, bays and hidden beaches on Limnos.

Story:

Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched.

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

Check the official ArmAverse timeline for more info.

75% of stuff we are introducing in game is already being used, introduced for field testing (aka more than just prototypes), 15% are prototypes and 5% is technically feasible ...

like 5% could be more in sci-fi part but that's just the strawberry on cake

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Factions:

Spoiler:

show spoiler

BLUFOR:

• NATO
    Faction info:
    Only deep reconnaissance, special operations and field intelligence services personnel may be encountered in the area of operation.
    Support for your mission is scarcely limited.

1. OPFOR:
  2. Iran (2)
    Faction info:
    The presence of Iranian troops is estimated to consist of a battalion-sized combined fighting force with conventional capabilities. The highest concentration of forces is estimated in a newly constructed base adjacent to a former NATO/Greek air force base (ICAO: LGLM) and objective Omega. Majority of the force is designated to a base perimeter protection and counter-insurgency campaign to fend off the threat of the local resistance movement. There are also indications that base security may be partially provided by Russian-based private military company.
    The equipment and order of battle of the Iranian troops is reportedly compliant with the common Resource Zone Protection Force structure, including the enhanced defensive, ELINT and SIGINT capabilities. Due to the proximity of the Turkish coast, we estimate the force to be fairly well supplied.
    Avoid contact if possible.
  3. China
    Faction info: N/A
  4. Greek militia
    Faction info:
    Several HUMINT sources claim the southwest of the operational area to be in the control of a local warlord. It is indicated that the said person controls an approximately battalion-sized paramilitary force maintaining law and order in the surroundings of Myrina. The intel source further indicated the militias are connected to and supported by the Iranian military force on the island, cooperating in a counter-insurgency campaign focused on neutralizing the resistance movement.
    Militias are armed mostly with light weapons, support weaponry and vehicles, including armor and support helicopters, acquired from the OPFOR ally.
    Cooperation with this group is not advisable under any circumstances.
  5. Bandits
    Faction info:
    A large number of armed petty criminals is suspected to be present on the island, either as part of various paramilitary groups, local populace or originating from the fairly abundant number of refugees from Turkey, Crete, Cyprus, Balkans and North Africa.
    Armament of the bandit group may consist of infantry weapons including explosives and light anti-armor and anti-air missile capabilities.
    These groups are most likely to leave our troops undisturbed, however, they may take advantage of the situation of evading, escaping or wounded NATO personnel.

INDEPENDENT:

• Greek guerillas
    Faction info:
    The presence of a local armed resistance movement is suspected, presumably sprouting from the pre-war organized crime structures. We expect this group to be hostile towards Iranian troops and Myrina Militias, whilst their relationships to smugglers and bandits may range from a neutral stance to a cordial cooperation. Little is known about the strengths and capabilities of this network.
    Little is known about resistance equipment. Only light armament is estimated, with the possibility of additional capabilities captured from the other belligerents and looted from pre-war military depots of the Greek army.
    Cooperation with local resistance is possible but not advisable due to the high security risks.
  • Russian PMC
    Faction info: N/A
  • Smugglers
    Faction info:
    According to Agency reports on the current situation on Aegean, a large network of smugglers and traffickers operates on the margins of OPFOR-controlled territories. These parties comprise of local criminal bosses and petty warlords, using a general shortage of supplies to run a gray economy on the Aegean islands, Enclave of Chalkidiki, Turkish coast and Crete. Smugglers are reportedly tolerated and cooperating with many of the local Iranian commanders.
    The smugglers are supposed to use mostly light weapons. Smuggling networks use a wide range of light vehicles, hover-crafts and speedboats.
    Cooperation with smuggling parties is possible only with the direct authorization of the theater intelligence command.

CIVILIANS:

This populace is significantly low in numbers, inhabiting mostly the south-western part of the island, falling under control of either the Iranian military authorities or the local paramilitary force. Farmers often inhabit the remote farms and distant villages in the countryside and in the mountains; however, the defensive safe zones established by the Iranian troops across the island has left most of the island’s surface uninhabited since its capture in 2025 (see Environment – History for further details). In the past years, Limnos became the transition location for refugees from Mediterranean coasts of Asia and Africa, who formed several isolated colonies or blended with the local population in and around the city of Myrina.

It is estimated that the amount of small arms in possession of the non-combatants may be fairly high.

Cooperation with local populace is to be avoided, unless critical conditions (evasion, escape, severe lack of logistic support) occur, as HUMINT sources indicate a high portion of the locals are loyal to the paramilitary authority (see Militias). Due to the constant and long-standing threats perceived by the locals, surprise appearance or improper behavior may result in an attack on NATO personnel.

OTHER: fish,dogs,donkeys,sharks,snakes,goats biggrin.png

Vehicles:

Land:

Air:

Sea:

• RHIB
  • Hovercraft
  • Mk8 Swimmer Delivery Vehicle

Weapons:

Handguns:

N/A

Submachine guns:

Assault rifles:

Snipers rifles:

Shotguns:

• M1014

AA/AT/GL Launchers:

Machineguns:

Mounted weapons:

Special weapons:

• Bounding mines(jumping)
  • Trip wires
  • Directional claymores

Tactical gear&Clothes:

Munitions:

• DAGR HEDP
  • 6.5x38 mm bullets
  • Laser guided mortar shells
  • Caseless ammunition
  • AIM-132 ASRAAM

Where was it said that China and Russian PMCs will be in the game?

I dont know about China but information about Russia is here.

There are also indications that base security may be partially provided by Russian-based private military company

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wish bistudios would go back and making vehicles and uniforms that actually exist in real life.

BIS studio is "probably" doing this because of licensing.

But they have a fix for that... Alpha and Beta stage. So the major addons like ACE, project Reality, RKSL and more can start port their Addons that include uniforms and vehicels that exist in real life to Arma 3 before release. ACE 3 in Arma 3 will be mindblowing with the amount of content and features if everything go's as planned

So your missing out on nothing, you will still have your realistic weapons and vehicels if you dont mind to figure out how to install Addons. (pretty easy these day's)

If multiplayer has helicopter turrettes like the 2nd one did you can count me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prKc_XjNqzE

I have no interest in playing with the same bugs and terrible multiplayer engine imported from the 2nd and so far it looks like it's ARMA II with a little lipstick on it which has me worried.

:mad:

Take some time to read the feature list. Than you can see its way different in its core than Arma 2. But it will always look like Arma 2 and even arma 1 and OFP. Because they dont suddenly change to rail shooters on maps no larger than 500 meters.

And soldiers stay soldiers. The most importend are the engine updates and tweaks. And as you can see with the feature list one page back thats been taken care off. Now lets hope they can deliver.

But for me Physix, swimming, picture in picture and new animations are enough to make this a succes. I dont really care about content and the Graphics (even that it looks wonderfull, and not only some lipstick). The community will make this game surpass its own genre again. I can deal with some bugs especially when you compare the arma bugs to the bugs in other games that are far less complicated than a game from bohemia.

The lag in that video definitely looks like server induced lag. My guess is there were more AI spawned than the hosting server could handle. Varies from server to server and mission to mission based upon the spec's of the server.

For the server we had, we could have 2 towns going in Domination or Warfare without any lag. A third one geting spawned up though would result in minor warping. A fourth one would make it act like that video.

Of course, we knew our server limitations and ran the missions accordingly.

BIS studio is "probably" doing this because of licensing.

But they have a fix for that... Alpha and Beta stage. So the major addons like ACE, project Reality, RKSL and more can start port their Addons that include uniforms and vehicels that exist in real life to Arma 3 before release. ACE 3 in Arma 3 will be mindblowing with the amount of content and features if everything go's as planned

So your missing out on nothing, you will still have your realistic weapons and vehicels if you dont mind to figure out how to install Addons. (pretty easy these day's)

While ACE might be the icing on the cake for diehard/more regular arma players it is also the reason while a lot of casual players don't get more involved. Too many servers doing too many updates of aces all the time can make it a real struggle for people to be bothered keeping up.

licensing? then explain how they were able to use real life equipment and uniforms in arma 1 and 2?

as for ace, what a joke. the very definition of bloatware.

and porting mods over from arma 2 will be a waste of everyone's time. ugly, low detail models from arma 1 era=bad. best thing to do will be to create new models for it.

as for the engine. it looks like vehicle and object physics are in. view distance and terrain obviously better. higher detailed models and shaders.

but one thing, will soldiers still have trouble going inside buildings? i saw various screenshots where the same stupid sit and stand animations from arma 1 are still being used. the animation system looks like it'll be the same exact thing as confirmed by all shots and videos.

not impressed. and i want to wait and see how everyone reacts when it turns out to be true. probably blind loyalty takes over the cerebellum again.

• Like 1

LoL... Blind loyalty??? ACE a joke? your out of your mind. Its a free addon created by people that dedicate their time to make something fun and entertaining for the public to play. Bear in mind that those coders are not professionals with thousends of dollars to streamline everything. And it takes time to actually make something user friendly.

You are the joke here if you can't even recognise their hard work and what they did to try and make everything more easy to use. Right now its 1 click and your updated.. They did not only created mods but also applications to make it a better experience for everybody.

And do you really think the mods are getting ported straight to Arma 3 without any adjustment and replacements??? You are more ignorant than i tought.

And if you had been reading the feature list you could see that they will be working on better fighting inside buildings.

And about the licensing i said "PROBABLY". So that means i'm not entirely sure why they did it. It was only from hear say.