ArmA III

Eight Ball

I found this interesting info on the BI forum. It seems that the tanks and vehicels will be modular. It's a interesting feature.

Nice, makes sense. Kind of like what they are doing with the hand held weapons; eg no more crates of 100s of weapons: MK17, MK17 203, MK17 203 RCO. Just 1 base weapon and attachments.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you play ACE, the guys over at the 15th run a wonderful server that does Fallujah and domination. Some of the guys don't like the Iraq map though as it lags older computers. Still, it is great playing with other people, even as a pubby, that enjoy teamwork.

I'll have to check it out then. I have a older computer, but with the settings I use I don't have a problem. Taking 2 weeks of leave in April, at least that's the plan, so I should have time to game. Also in Arpil there is going to be an Air show here and the T-birds are flying.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Some cool customisation would be nice in Arma3 .....

wonder if they would have this .... lol

@Winchesterdelta1 Hi , It has been a month since you claim to know what you were talking about , any chance you could help me out with this ?

I should get my pc this or next week. I will get to you as soon as possible. But i am not promising anything cause it depends on a friend of mine to send my pc and HOTAS.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

The new Island of Arma 3 is seriously big.. 30km x 30 km compared to takistan 12.8x12.8. My computer is gonna need a serious upgrade.

427945_343095485737188_192181357495269_880821_1224748110_n.jpg

Quote Arma 3 Facebook:

Updates!

This week we're set up update our official website with the very latest information about the Arma 3 campaign.

Ahead of that, here's a quick peek at the background and history of Limnos:

"Amid the events of 2033, the island was defended by a weakened contingent of the Hellenic Air Force and Army - elements of which successfully repelled Iranian attacks for several weeks - before succumbing to occupation by the Iranian Armed Forces.

In the weeks and months following the Jerusalem Peace Accord of 2034, which crystallised Iran's position in the Aegean, a small group of Greek forces established a resistance movement, covertly backed by the United States and Great Britain."

Source: Facebook

who cares how big it is, lets see if there's any worthwhile improvements and not just a facelift.

I care who big it is.... And alot of others do to. And where you blind the last cople months. There will be worthwile improvements. Like a bigger Island maybe??? But maybe that does not confirm to the perfect standards you have... But alot of others already have seen worthwile improvements. Already shown in the short gameplay vids. And even from the ingame screens. maybe pay a little more attention to the screens and dont keep looking at Graphics... It only shows your shortcommings.

It will be cool to have a game based in a Mediterranean Shrubland climate. It will be welcome over the usual Arid, Tropical, and midlatitude climates.

Oh, and delta, where did 213 ever go and call you names?

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

30x30? I'm gonna need a bigger video card.

The map looks quite good, there seems to be some nice terrain features with the more hilly area in the NW and it being flatter elsewhere. The color shades and objective landmarks makes me wonder if there is going to be something like persistent fronts with the SP campaign. Any word if they are gonna have more airfields in there, even if its just a grass field?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

What bothers me most about the arma series is the command system.. what good if you can command a whole battalion if by the time you give commands half of them are dead. They should just stick to team level and do a practicable issuing command system. And I have a feeling this won't change in A3.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Its the burden of command dude , you gotta react fast

Tactic ok, strategic no.

And I was talking about the interface in the first place.

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• 2 weeks later...

ARMA 3 will have a smaller island and it will be used for the community

alpha. It'd be pretty damn cool if they can have it within the same world as Limnos like they did with Saharani and its tiny island to the south a few km.

Hmmm... I'm played alot of FPS. And i'm under the impression thats the same as in Arma 2. WASD to move around. ZXC for stances. V for the strange little hop over objects (not in other FPS). And the mouse to move around and use optics. Seems pretty straight forward like any other FPS. Offcourse you can make it more diffecult and have your own setup. But for the rest all the basic controls are as easy to use as any other FPS. Offcourse some clunkyness with animations. But that should be fixed in Arma III.

Or am i mistaken by what you mean with normal "control scheme" in other FPS games?

Well I've always seemed to have a tiny bit of input lag with aiming and some of the WASD movement. Combine that with all of the experience I have from playing twitch shooters and it kinda pisses me off whenever I'm in a CQB situation. The squad command setup could use improving. However I think the overall gameplay of being able to fill any role on the battlefield and the flexibility of the mission editor has consistently made the game a must buy.

Trouble is I think youi guys try to play arma like its COD or BF3, And it certainly aint.

ArmA is more of a sim, its like playing DCS A10 like you would play hawx its possible but you get killed a lot. Its horses for courses really if you want run and gun fast action FPS shoot em up action maybe ArmA is not the game for you.

on the other hand maybe you just enjoy the death screens and dont care...

INCOMING!!!

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

But battlefield and COD have bloody screens when you get shot! Its so REAL! ^_^

2vwbtyb.png

The only stuff I'd want from BF3 to be used in ARMA would be the destruction, soundfx, and the bipod mechanics.

• Like 1

What I dislike about Arma is the problem with concealment. You prone down into the high grass and should be invisible from a distance. But the grass just disappears and you are visible like a firecracker.

And in this video, you can see that immediately after firing their silenced sniperrifles, the enemy troops not only see them, but shoot at them pretty accurately for the range of 1000 meters.

But thats all the AI.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

Impact, that's one problem I don't like about it also.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

The first thing I noticed is that right after the shot, they started moving and at least one of them got up from prone which would silohuette them against the sky maiing them an easy spot.

Generally, when an AI gets shot, the ones around them with scopes or binoculars start scanning the area.

They're very quick to spot though and it does detract from the realism factor. I have sniped though within 500 mters and never been spotted. The AI figured out which direction the shots were coming from and laid down suppression fire on that azimuth, but they weren't hitting me.

Grimes, myself, and others were playing one evening and Grimes was racking up the kills with the sniper until he ran out of ammo. Never got spotted and never got shot at.

Of course, that was in Chesnarus where there is ample cover. The bushes and such is Takistan, from what I have seen, appear not be optimized for concealment like they were in Chesnarus.