KA 50

And how many here would rather have AFM missiles, 15s, 29/ 27/33? or the F-18 ... but hey, as someone else mentioned ... for entertainment, this is the best value £50 I've ever spent! Its a great product ... I spend hours playing it ... its just going off in a direction that doesn't appear to me ... no big problem!

:biggrin: Well, AFM on "Da Hog" would be better than getting airwolf as an addon, eventhough it looks good and all, we might aswell play BF2, they have both Russian and US attack choppers :icon_jook

You mean the Tank Killers sim mentioned here

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsukhoi.ru%2Farticles.php%3Fid%3Ded_bsh

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

A bit off topic here

People buy Russian jets because

A) US won't sell their stuff to them

A few years ago, the South African Airforce was looking at using american Hellfires on the Rooivalk helicopter. The precondition was that the SAAF releases all details about the Rooivalk. So i was told at a tradeshow by a company representative of kentron. Kentron then proceeded to develop the Mokopa anti-armour missile. http://www.kentron.co.za/Home.asp?Page=antiarmer.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

(...)Beside how many sims which actually included Russian planes as flyable where there?(...)

Exactly! ED is dedicated in what they are doing. The only "sim" I knew that included russian plane was some Novalogic arcadish shooter. There was also Su-25 simulator long long time ago...

http://staregry.gry-online.pl/index.php?akcja=odczyt&id=SU-25+Stormovik%3A+Soviet+Attack+Fighter

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/simulations/games_s/su_25_stormovik.html

Someone remembers it?

Kamov is a fantastic helicopter and I'm sure new community will arise around it. I alone can't wait for it.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Ka-50 is really interesting for me as I like Russian hardware and the market is full of titles of American planes.I don't care if Russian sucks or blah blah,It's just fun to fly them ;)

I will keep supporting ED as long as they get into more and more details about Russian birds (avionics,FM,*clickable pit*).

If you guys aren't happy with where this sim is going,the choice is yours :)

I am very sorry, but I dont find this "Black Shark" addon that exiting, true, a helo sim lacks the online community these days, but, be honest, is the western half of the Lockon community waiting for this "addon"? All I have been reading is "give us the Hornet", "give us an upgrade on the F-15" and so on.... Have I lost track, and am I the one to move on?
Maybe you say this because you're afraid that you'll be shot down in your hog by players with Ka-50 in multiplayer ... ;)

read many reports on western jet pilots in awe off russian planes,

on how robust and hardy they are, russia has extreme climates,

from hot to extreme cold, many off these jets sit out in the elements,

and get very little maintence, yet its like a car, turn the key and they start

lol,.... compared to western jets its all electronic delicate fuselage bodys and equipment , and they would simply give up in the russian weather.....in a short time..........

imo the best aircraft ever made is the mig29 fulcrum

still holds many world records..........

kick her and she goes faster ......

Maybe you say this because you're afraid that you'll be shot down in your hog by players with Ka-50 in multiplayer ... ;)

I'm allways afraid of getting shot down in multiplayer, and I doubt the Ka50 will fly at the alt. we fly the Hog... :icon_weed

Besides that that has nothing to do with it, I was merely asking a question, and look what it brought me!! "Tank killers" !!! I'll buy the Grey Tuna addon for shure, just to let the money flow towards my AFM Hog!!! :icon_jook

:D

They're hoping to shoto you down from down there with R-73's, but if I read the Russian forums correctly, the Ka-50 isn't going to be hauling any, since the real thing apparently does not do so either ;)

They apparently adopted a similar system to the Apache with the stacked stingers (So stacked Iglas or Strelas for the Ka-50?) for pretty much the same reasons as the Apache designer IIRC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

They're hoping to shoto you down from down there with R-73's, but if I read the Russian forums correctly, the Ka-50 isn't going to be hauling any, since the real thing apparently does not do so either ;)

They apparently adopted a similar system to the Apache with the stacked stingers (So stacked Iglas or Strelas for the Ka-50?) for pretty much the same reasons as the Apache designer IIRC.

I was wondering about that picture with an R-73 as a Ka-50 weapon. Stacked Igla or Strela makes alot more sense than the R-73. All I want to know is, would such a setup be given its own hardpoint, like the Longbow and its wingtip AIM-92's, or will we need to sacrifice a normal hardpoint for air-defense capability?

Because that setup would be so light, I would imagien ti would get its own hardpoint.

As for the picture, well, it's a mock-up ;)

Apaches test fired sidewinders too, naturally, but it was decided that they wouldn't us them

Any pictures of the Ka-50 carrying R-73 probably come from a similar testing effort, or are just mock-ups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Besides that that has nothing to do with it, I was merely asking a question, and look what it brought me!! "Tank killers" !!! I'll buy the Grey Tuna addon for shure, just to let the money flow towards my AFM Hog!!! :icon_jook

GREY TUNA!!! ROFLMAO!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

-thomp

355th_THOMP.jpg

I'm allways afraid of getting shot down in multiplayer, and I doubt the Ka50 will fly at the alt. we fly the Hog... :icon_weed

Online I've witnessed Ka50s take on and beat 4 Hog drivers a couple of times. They can be a handful regardless of how high you are. (You're not going to do much at 20,000 ft, at 10,000ft the Ka50 will take you on. Online Ka50 pilots will likely fly extremely low as they should, who ever sees who first will score the kill. Odds are in favour of the Ka50 though, he can just turn and shoot while flying sideways.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Apaches no longer carry A/A missiles, they leave that for the guys on CAP.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Would love to come up against another KA 50 online, I'd whipp it's ass.

I once got chased by 2 of them, lead them half way round a mountain only to perform an up and over and kill them both from behind with my 2 trusty AIM 9's ;)

And I've taken on Hinds and whipped them too. I don't really see any of the choppers or SU25Ts in my Hog as an A2A challenge really.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Would love to come up against another KA 50 online, I'd whipp it's ass.

I once got chased by 2 of them, lead them half way round a mountain only to perform an up and over and kill them both from behind with my 2 trusty AIM 9's ;)

And I've taken on Hinds and whipped them too. I don't really see any of the choppers or SU25Ts in my Hog as an A2A challenge really.

Good spirit there!! :icon_jook

:D

Because that setup would be so light, I would imagien ti would get its own hardpoint.

As for the picture, well, it's a mock-up ;)

Apaches test fired sidewinders too, naturally, but it was decided that they wouldn't us them

Any pictures of the Ka-50 carrying R-73 probably come from a similar testing effort, or are just mock-ups.

According to the article in Combat Aircraft, the Ka-50sh and Ka-52 can both employ R-73s.

Yes, and the Apache can employ sidewinders, too.

Do you see the difference between 'can' and 'won't' yet? ;)

Russia also won't spend money necessary to acquire an operational Ka-50 force. Guess they can't make this sim anymore.

As the Ka-50's use in the sim will be largely hypothetical, I would rather see it modelled to it's capabilities than current reality of budgets in Russia.