DCS Flying Legend Aircraft

Phantom88

It could also be an F-4 with the many varients which would also allow for carrier usage. Not sure I'd get it though, only because spending so much money for each aircraft takes away from building my cockpit (and keeping the wife happy).

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

If flying legend aircraft is a propeller-driven aircraft , it doesn't agree with DCS which means "Digital Combat Simulator" .

I suppose you're assuming it won't shoot bullets or rockets?

Maybe, maybe not...

Any flyable is good, propeller or jet. It'll be interesting to see how they're going to make it an entertaining experience though. Without anything to shoot at it'll be rather boring for some of us. It's like flying a combat aircraft in FSX. It may even evolve into a full-fledged WWII flight-simulation many years down the road. Who knows? Certainly goes along with how ED is doing development. 'Baby-steps' is a good thing! Personally, I'd be happy to perform touch and goes at Batumi and doing 'airshows' over Tblisi for now.

More players into the DCS world (i.e. FSX/Xplane players) means more 'dollars' for ED. There's definitely a market for WWII prop-enthusiasts. Vote with your wallet and purchase DCS:Flying Legends so that you can get your 'simulation-fix' 10 years from now.

This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I'm going to post it anyway. Took me a long time to type it :)

Edited by chaos

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

If flying legend aircraft is a propeller-driven aircraft , it doesn't agree with DCS which means "Digital Combat Simulator" .

Of course it does. Why wouldn't it? It's not the PLANE that is "digital", it's the simulator itself. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Though the exact varient that is being modelled we no longer own.

I am with PeterP on this one, I reckon its the P51B also. It appears that TFC sold a P51B back in 2007, so it would tie in with what Jim said above. The fact Jim says "exact variant" would also suggest they do own a different variant, ie the T51D......

• Like 1
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

I would hope it's not one of the dakka-dakka WW2 planes because they've been done to death and are about as thrilling as an enema.

A fighter jet from the 60s though, that would be a treat. Nobody's ever modeled, say, an F-104 before :)

^ x2. The sim community needs more Cold war era tech. WW2 have been done to death.

• Like 2

I really dont believe it yet.

You have limited resources, and you spend it on a "flying legend" that many people wont buy, instead in next DCS Fighter that will sell much more?

If you want to make it ok, but first develop the DCS Fighter, because many people as me, and others i know, dont buy BS, also dont buy A10, and of course wont buy P51 for sure.

Also you dont say what DCS FIghter is, and of course don´t give an estimated date for it, as you give for Flying Legend

Greetings

• Like 1

....If you want to make it ok, but first develop the DCS Fighter...

What part of 'worked on in parallel' did you not understand?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

...A fighter jet from the 60s though, that would be a treat. Nobody's ever modeled, say, an F-104 before :)

Fixed :smilewink:

Wings over Europe

(

)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

What part of 'worked on in parallel' did you not understand?

And what part of limited resources did you not understand.

First finish a proyect, DCS Fighter, customers are waiting it for it years!!!

Waiting not for that P51!!!

For that we have IL2, Cliff of Dover, and also good models in FSX

Greetings

• Like 1

And what part of limited resources did you not understand....

Yet another baseless assumption on your part. Do yourself a favour: If you want to assume, don't ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And what part of limited resources did you not understand.

First finish a proyect, DCS Fighter, customers are waiting it for it years!!!

Waiting not for that P51!!!

For that we have IL2, Cliff of Dover, and also good models in FSX

Greetings

I think everyone forgets that DCS A-10C (the official release, not the beta) isn't even a year old yet......

1st rule of everything: Resources are always limited. ;)

Yes, but that does not mean things cannot be done in parallell.

Seriously, this is the same old thing as when people complain about texture updates and 3D models when "you should be fixing X and Y bugs instead!!!!!!!oneeleven".

Different people do different things, and do you really think the projects slots out such that everyone always has work to do on the same project? There are work dependencies, so sometimes doing two projects can even increase overall efficiency - actually in much the same way executing two threads on the same core increases CPU efficiency. ;)

Basically, ED is doing them in parallell. This means work is being done on BOTH at the same time. Ergo... exactly what it says. Apparently it IS possible, because it is actually being done. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

1st rule of everything: Resources are always limited. ;)

Subjective. For some, they're happy with what they've got ;)

In any event, wholly irrelevant for anything other than light-hearted banter. It's what you do with your resources that's important and not how much resources you have. Insofar as this particular discussion is concerned and as E and others have already stated, resources on-hand are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

resources on-hand are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

...which is, DCS: AT-802U.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Even if next two DCS will be conpleted at the same ,ED will not release them in the mean while . You know , the reason is quite obvious , two product will share the market .Take me for example , if the two aircrafts are available now , I will absolutely buy the jet rather than the legend one , and it will take me several months to learn how to fly it ,there is a good chance I am forced to put off my purchase programe of the lenged plane for more the half a year ,that's the reason wags did't say much about the jet . Working in parallel doesn't mean release in parallel .