Which Ledgends Aircraft if WWII plane?

Wild Weasel

Which Ledgends Aircraft if WWII plane?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ledgends Aircraft if WWII plane?

• Messerschmitt Bf 109
    • Supermarine Spitfire
    • Focke-Wulf FW 190
    • North American P-51 Mustang
    • Yakovlev Yak-3
    • Mitsubishi A6M Zero
    • Lockheed P-38 Lightning
    • Chance Vought F4U Corsair
    • Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
    • Hawker Hurricane

Why is everyone so sure its going to be a WWII plane? legend might mean WW1, Korean conflict, or Vietnam conflict as well.

WW1 I'm not sure if they should bother since rise of flight is doing a fantastic job already.

Korean conflict, it would be fantastic if they did both the Mig-15 and F-86 so that we can have some epic duals.

Vietnam would have to be A-4, or F-4 and the Mig-21 or for rotary wing we need the UH-1

That is all. :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have, or have had, WWI aircraft as well.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Legend Aircraft?

Can someone explain to me why would ED go this road? I mean imho it's a waste of money and time. Why would they veer of the original plan and start working on WW2 airplane. It doesn't make sense. I know I wont buy it and I would think most people wont. Don't mean to troll the forum. I was away for a while and this is the news I'm reading.

Cujo_signature.png

Because a lot of people do in fact like legendary planes. ED is branching out for reasons mostly known to them, but if I was to guess, I'd imagine that covering more subject matter equals more revenue for one thing, since you expand the audience. Does it make sense to you now? :)

Can someone explain to me why would ED go this road? I mean imho it's a waste of money and time. Why would they veer of the original plan and start working on WW2 airplane. It doesn't make sense. I know I wont buy it and I would think most people wont. Don't mean to troll the forum. I was away for a while and this is the news I'm reading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Who said its a WW2 aircraft?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have a look at the TFC collection. It's WW2.

I hope for a MiG 15 or som from the early jet age.

"The MiG-15 is believed to have been the most widely produced jet aircraft ever made, with over 12,000 built. Licensed foreign production perhaps raised the total to over 18,000."

Because a lot of people do in fact like legendary planes. ED is branching out for reasons mostly known to them, but if I was to guess, I'd imagine that covering more subject matter equals more revenue for one thing..................

Agreed GG and surely having a partnership with TFC has had some influence? Bearing in mind where most of the //cough 'money' comes from?

Ahh...............'The Horseman', for sure, i think have had a major impact. They certainly did at RAF Duxford that day.........

We wait to see, but i`m willing to wager a little! :music_whistling:

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Dunno much about any of them. I just know that they have propellers and they're made out of wattle, paper and hail marys

And held together by good old British engineering. The swordfish is special for me given my Grandpa flew it although got to be the most boring aircraft they could possibly model.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Who said its a WW2 aircraft?

I did !

(because I can count one and one together)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1356436#post1356436

Very sure it's the P-51b.

See this for more info:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1327994#post1327994

Not just a guess - this is the answer:

It will be the P-51 Mustang

other thing I noticed:

\DCS Black Shark 2\Data\EagleFM\

A10 isn't the only folder - new Folder:

P51B

seems the Developers at ED forgot to remove this folder from the beta before the release of BS2.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1328039#post1328039

DAAAAAAAAAAD. Take me to Duxford now. I've got to found out. biggrin.gif

Check out the aircraft that we fly:

http://fighter-collection.com/pages/tfc/legends/index.php

Though the exact varient that is being modelled we no longer own.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1328604#post1328604

Though the exact varient that is being modelled we no longer own.

I am with PeterP on this one, I reckon its the P51B also. It appears that TFC sold a P51B back in 2007, so it would tie in with what Jim said above. The fact Jim says "exact variant" would also suggest they do own a different variant, ie the T51D......

Edit:

a)

you can take what I have posted as a fact and handle it -that means- that this will be developed parallel to the next DCS:Jet fighter

..or..

b)

post your thoughts ( why ED/TFC shouldn't spend/waste time on it) in a similar thread like this:

Ancient Mayan artifacts found

:D

EDIT #2:

OK- Its Holidays and

I won't to be such a grinch:

Hey ! what's about the Phantom F4 - no board-cannon, but who cares?! it's a jet! -and no stinking propeller plane...

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

I voted Corsair 'cos at least it would have the chance of carrier ops.

I would prefer ED to do something like that already mentioned -early jets, from Korea or anywhere till the 70s. Something not often done before and not done nearly enough!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

It's good to see second place hotly contested. Usually polls are so one sided.

I used to be, I want to only see jets person too but the closer it gets to being announced, the more excited I'm getting about it.

Once the DX11 terrain is implemented, ED should be able to pump out WWII planes pretty quickly you'd think. No chaffs, no flares, no MFD's, no SOI, no SPI, no RWR's, no FLIRS, no AWACS, no aerial refueling and no weapon management systems to name a few items not needing work.

I'm not a WWII aircraft fanatic, but aren't most WWII aircraft basically the same(system wise)?

Other that the model and FM, what else is needed?

I hope ED reel them in left and right with their WWII planes. The fans are there and I bet they are already working on or thinking about future terrain packs that would allow historical campaigns so on and so forth. I can get use to the Legends.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

F5 and MiG21 are legends

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Because a lot of people do in fact like legendary planes. ED is branching out for reasons mostly known to them, but if I was to guess, I'd imagine that covering more subject matter equals more revenue for one thing, since you expand the audience. Does it make sense to you now? :)

Then I suggest you make something like World of Tanks - that's real moneymaker.

I do not see how can ED make "enough" money by branching into "existing and big wood", ie something that already exists in so many ways and forms. There are enough propellers around as is, Il-2 and its sequels AND mods, MSFS, and few other in development.

For Chrissake, IL-2 is being modded for Korea jets!!!

What's next from ED workshop? Red Baron meets Wright Brothers? Over Caucasus, to hunt down Chechen rebels. Or over epic Martian landscape of Nevada where only telephone poles can grow…

F5 and MiG21 are legends

THE legends!

Edited by Renato71

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.