Nvidia 680 GTX Inbound

More money than sense if you ask me. Guess he'll have to buy another:music_whistling:

Have to ask though what exactly is he running that needs 2 x 590s . 6+ monitors?

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More money than sense if you ask me. Guess he'll have to buy another:music_whistling:

Have to ask though what exactly is he running that needs 2 x 590s . 6+ monitors?

World of tanks and Stronghold Kingdoms. He thinks everything else is boring.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I had de cursor over the order button, and I resisted temptation heheheheh :D

maybe later.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It will be a huge difference. Maybe not if you only play DCS, but for games that are really GPU heavy like Metro 2033 and BF3, you will see a tremendous difference even going from a 5870 to a 560Ti.

On Metro, my 5870 gets around 5-15 FPS with everything maxed out. A jump to anywhere close to 40 FPS will be welcome, even though the 7970 actually does better with this title.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-680-review/18

And on BF3, I now get MAYBE 20 FPS on all ultra settings. As you can see, the 680 gets you closer to 60 FPS.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-680-review/21

for games that are really GPU heavy like Metro 2033 and BF3, you will see a tremendous difference even going from a 5870 to a 560Ti.

But the benchmark results linked show the 5870 and 560Ti get the same result?

Awesome acquaintance you have btw. I think he just paid the stupid tax... :P

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

But the benchmark results linked show the 5870 and 560Ti get the same result?

Awesome acquaintance you have btw. I think he just paid the stupid tax... :P

Hurr durr, you are right. I am dumb for not seeing that. For some reason I thought that the 560Ti was a superior card to the 5870..

No worries - I routinely get mega-confused by the patently weird naming conventions that goes on. Mostly AMD being confusing in my case (since I'm a sort-of green-team fanboy), but lately nVidia hasn't exactly been better than AMD in this department. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Same but I wait for 680 with custom cooling system.

But you car refit that after? Can't you?

I'm looking to get a 680GTX up front while waiting for the new CPU release from Intel in april. I'm going for a completly new rig when CPU is released.

(HJ)

Yes it is possible but I can wait and 500 € is a little bit expensive. Then, the 680 is the mid-range after all, the GK110 will be release around august so prices will decrease (I hope :D). And I want to change my RAID 0 (2 * velociraptor ) for a SSD before.

And I have to find a job before :p

Edited by Togg

NVDIA 2012 leaked roamap

hmmm :huh:

img55-1.jpg

maybe a good reason to wait. I may switch to 3 monitor gaming (I already own 2).

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

sidewards Hoooo!!!

Hey all,

I've got a 680 comming in this weekend. Sidegrading from a current 6990. Since DCS scales with xfire so terribly (1 GPU @ 100%, or 2 GPU at 65%), I am expecting a reasonable jump in performance.

I've been searching high and low for DCS benchmarks with the new card but havent found one yet so I'll post it here for anyone interested. Plan is to run a fraps benchmark with identicle settigns in a notoriously poor fps area (ramp start in front of many buildings). If anyone has any specific requests let me know by Friday :-)

Also, someone mentioned no widescreen (3x monitor) benchies? Hardocp is boss at this, and they have a pretty solid review. No DCS A-10 of course (noone ever does), but they do have several other games that can give you a feel of how it performs in relation to a 7970 on the big resolutions.

EVGA X-58 SLI3 w/ I7 920@ 4.2ghz | Corsair 1000HX | 180gb Intel SSD330 | 12gb OCZ @ 1600mhz | R9 290 3120x1200 (1920 + MFCDs on 2x lilliput UM-80s)

Bits: TM Warthog, TM OSBs, Saitek rudder pedals, Logitech G-15 & G-13, Mionix Naos 5k, TrackIR5 w/ proclip, Corsair HS1A

Hey all,

I've got a 680 comming in this weekend. Sidegrading from a current 6990. Since DCS scales with xfire so terribly (1 GPU @ 100%, or 2 GPU at 65%), I am expecting a reasonable jump in performance.

I've been searching high and low for DCS benchmarks with the new card but havent found one yet so I'll post it here for anyone interested. Plan is to run a fraps benchmark with identicle settigns in a notoriously poor fps area (ramp start in front of many buildings). If anyone has any specific requests let me know by Friday :-)

Also, someone mentioned no widescreen (3x monitor) benchies? Hardocp is boss at this, and they have a pretty solid review. No DCS A-10 of course (noone ever does), but they do have several other games that can give you a feel of how it performs in relation to a 7970 on the big resolutions.

Would love to hear about the results. Thanks for your effort in advance.

benchmark progress

Ok, spent the night doing 6990 benchmarks...here's the idea:

Play a track beginning at the end of the runway at Senaki-Kolki (daytime). I have the TAD, and TGP (White hot) on my mfcd's.

Benchmark 1: 1 min fraps bench just sitting at the end of the runway.

Benchmark 2: 1 min fraps bench of takeoff with the tgp slewed to a point on the ground.

Both benches were ran with cross fire off at low, med, and high settings, and again with cross fire on. So 6 runs of the track in total.

I'll post the fps results of everything along with specific settings soon as I get the GTX 680 through the benches. Should be sometime Friday, maybe Saturday night.

Let me know if there is anything I may be missing, or if there are any other conerns, thanks!

EVGA X-58 SLI3 w/ I7 920@ 4.2ghz | Corsair 1000HX | 180gb Intel SSD330 | 12gb OCZ @ 1600mhz | R9 290 3120x1200 (1920 + MFCDs on 2x lilliput UM-80s)

Bits: TM Warthog, TM OSBs, Saitek rudder pedals, Logitech G-15 & G-13, Mionix Naos 5k, TrackIR5 w/ proclip, Corsair HS1A

Looking forward to seeing this. Wish someone with a 79XX could run this BM also, so we can see the difference between the 2 cards.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Would love to hear about the results. Thanks for your effort in advance.

Ditto! I am on the fence about upgrading my two 6950s to a single GTX 680 (preferably the classified 4GB edition to be released this June by EVGA). Your results will play a significant role in my decision-making process.

Ok, spent the night doing 6990 benchmarks...here's the idea:

Play a track beginning at the end of the runway at Senaki-Kolki (daytime). I have the TAD, and TGP (White hot) on my mfcd's.

Benchmark 1: 1 min fraps bench just sitting at the end of the runway.

Benchmark 2: 1 min fraps bench of takeoff with the tgp slewed to a point on the ground.

Both benches were ran with cross fire off at low, med, and high settings, and again with cross fire on. So 6 runs of the track in total.

I'll post the fps results of everything along with specific settings soon as I get the GTX 680 through the benches. Should be sometime Friday, maybe Saturday night.

Let me know if there is anything I may be missing, or if there are any other conerns, thanks!

Take a flight online on a server also just to see if the differense in FPS is the same faktor. Must use the same server and the same mission so it may be some trying and failing to get the same results! Thanks for doing this :D

For instance, my FPS is always bad at the 51st server!

(HJ)

Nvidia disabled PCIE gen 3 speed in the new 680 drivers soo if you bought an X79 you only get gen 2 speeds for now until they "validate it" (supposedly the driver on the disk has it enabled still?)

Funny ATI has it right out of the box. Wonder WTF they were doing the whole time before release to decide to disable it after they sent it out door. Seems a bit underhanded to me.

Not that its a huge difference in performance but if you go SLI /tri/quad It's a much bigger difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Still hasn't shipped for me. Has been on a "pending" status since Saturday for me, and all the customer support people have been telling me is that it usually takes 1-3 business days to process my order. I am starting to fume a little bit.

hmmm :huh:

img55-1.jpg

maybe a good reason to wait. I may switch to 3 monitor gaming (I already own 2).

Can anyone explain me HOW 550$ BECOMES 600€? I really think that we, europeans, are screwed! Or maybe a typo error...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.