Nvidia 680 GTX Inbound

Ok but the line below states 390$ => 380€... Seems like an error.

And what taxes? Each country in Europe has different tax rate. (Ex. France has 19,6%, Belgium 21%, Germany 19%,...)

Generally, when speaking about PC products and games, 1$ = 1€ (also called Valve/Steam conversion rate:laugh:)

Actually, I've checked a bit and the GTX680 is currently available at around 500€ to 600€ depending on the chosen version.

(Edit: Comme c'est étrange, un belge qui parle à un français de taxes européennes sur un forum russe consulté par des anglophones. Mondialisation?)

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I know. But, you know what? I can actually play my games now.. Buh-bye 4870x2 and forever ATI/AMD. The reduced power consumption alone will pay for itself.. It's averaging 150 watts less power and is over twice as fast! LOL

That's what you should expect... it's 3 generations difference there :smilewink:

No longer active in DCS...

And what taxes? Each country in Europe has different tax rate. (Ex. France has 19,6%, Belgium 21%, Germany 19%,...)

It's also true in the US, sales taxes are not the same everywhere. For us it is the VAT.

Generally, when speaking about PC products and games, 1$ = 1€ (also called Valve/Steam conversion rate:laugh:)

Actually, I've checked a bit and the GTX680 is currently available at around 500€ to 600€ depending on the chosen version.

I see 500 to 550 €

(Edit: Comme c'est étrange, un belge qui parle à un français de taxes européennes sur un forum russe consulté par des anglophones. Mondialisation?)

Ou la fin du monde ! :)

Edited by Togg

I was thinking about the 7970 a little while ago and never got it. Now this has appeared and the price of the 7970 is a bit lower.

The 680 costs more here at the moment but both cards are stock at a number of places.

I would never consider nvidia normally because of my eyefinity set up but I am considering having 2 dedicated sims, one for racing and one for flying. Because of space I can't have eyefinity on one or both at the same time so I am thinking about using one 42" monitor on each.

So eyefinity gone I would think about nvidia again.

Nvidia seems to have always had better drivers and often better support in sims.

I read some reviews and see strange results. The 7970 does very well compared to the 680 but I see the writeup saying the 680 wins. Strange, I must be missing something.

I wonder which will be better for sims, which seem to behave differently from the usual other games.

In trade across borders of union members, and in trade channels that serve the entire union (like Steam), they employ EuroVAT - that is 15%.

No, actually, it's called "europe is expensive".

A Big Mac in the US averages $4.20. In Sweden it's $5.91. In Switzerland it's $6.81. In Russia it's $2.55.*

Fun note: the swedish price of a Big Mac is actually almost exactly $1=1€. ;)

What everyone that falls into that silly row over Steam prices fail to understand is that different countries have different realities as far as the purchasing power of money goes. In europe (well, western europe) prices are high. Salaries are also high. So $1 = €1 actually ends up fairly well to match purchasing power once EuroVAT is taken into account.

This is basic economics. If you want american prices, move the US. You'll get american salaries though, so you won't gain much on it. ;)

*(Source: The Economist Big Mac Index, January 2012.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was thinking about the 7970 a little while ago and never got it. Now this has appeared and the price of the 7970 is a bit lower.

The 680 costs more here at the moment but both cards are stock at a number of places.

I would never consider nvidia normally because of my eyefinity set up but I am considering having 2 dedicated sims, one for racing and one for flying. Because of space I can't have eyefinity on one or both at the same time so I am thinking about using one 42" monitor on each.

So eyefinity gone I would think about nvidia again.

Nvidia seems to have always had better drivers and often better support in sims.

I read some reviews and see strange results. The 7970 does very well compared to the 680 but I see the writeup saying the 680 wins. Strange, I must be missing something.

I wonder which will be better for sims, which seem to behave differently from the usual other games.

Actually, Nvidia now supports their version of Eyefinity with the GTX 680.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Hello again,

My initial benchmark results are posted on the following thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1427563#post1427563

The results were pretty impressive, give it a look and let me know what ya'll think!

EVGA X-58 SLI3 w/ I7 920@ 4.2ghz | Corsair 1000HX | 180gb Intel SSD330 | 12gb OCZ @ 1600mhz | R9 290 3120x1200 (1920 + MFCDs on 2x lilliput UM-80s)

Bits: TM Warthog, TM OSBs, Saitek rudder pedals, Logitech G-15 & G-13, Mionix Naos 5k, TrackIR5 w/ proclip, Corsair HS1A

In europe (well, western europe) prices are high. Salaries are also high.

errrrr..... not exactly :D

Not that it affects the price of burgers either!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Actually, Nvidia now supports their version of Eyefinity with the GTX 680.

Yeah but i think the Eyefinity from ATI are better and the main advantage of the next generation of Eyefinity its te possibility to compensate, for example i actually have 3 screen in 22" each.

I will soon take a couple of MSI HD 7970 Lightning and a 27" screen, i will be able to use my eyefinity setup with a big screen on center and two 22" around, when a game can't run at 5760x1080 or for movies i will use only the 27", for DCS i will see, depending of the capacity on a single card in DCS, but if i'm lucky and that my config win a little more fps with crossfire activated (already see FPS gain in DCS with Crossfire on this forum) i will be sure activated my Eyefinity.

But maybe you will told me that the TX 680 support the screen compensation like the Eyefinity 2 and that will be a good new for me... =)

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

GTX680HC.png

I would like an aircooler non reference design. Hydro copper is super fancy and super cool (both meanings of it) but super expensive too.

The Hydro copper 580GTX is more expensive than a 680. And that not counting with the watter kit for it. By the time Im finished buying parts I would already have spent the equivalent of 2 regular 680's.

This is what Im looking for:

Dual-Fan-EVGA-Signature-GTC-680-Cooler-Revealed.jpg

Theres a bonus coming in end of april, I will decide should non reference cards be available by then.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I have a GTX 580 and am quite happy with it,but I'm very interested in the 680 when/if the $$ drops a bit.

In Augest when the new revised cards and higher ram comes out, should bring the 1st released down a bit.

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'll have a gtx 680 for sale in August. megalol.gif

Well NVIDA say's August but could be sooner.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Anyone with a 680 tried driving 3 or 4 displays with it and tried using any type of Displaylink device? Curious if it will work or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Hello

I'm considering buying a new Nvidia graphics card soon.

At the moment i'm only runninig a single 37" LED TV at a resolution of 1920X1080.

I only play BS2, A-10C, Rise of flight and maybe BMS soon once i find my original disk.

My current HD5870 do's a pretty good job of running these games.

I owned a HD7950 briefly until i had RMA it, but i found that my i5 CPU became the bottleneck when i was running that card.

Running this configuration would there honestly really be any performance gain in buying the 680 over a 580 when running these games ???.

I know that the 680 will obviously be the more powerful card but is it noticeably better when running say DCS ?.

Personally i'm hoping that the 580 might be sufficient.

Regards

Gunner....

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I have a 580 and it rocks!

I am running on 1680x1050, though, so thats a lower res than what you want, but I would say it won't be a problem for this card at all.

Prices are bound to drop on this card too with the new generation just being released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I have a 580 and it rocks!

Me too, and likewise have nothing but praise for the card. No stutters at all, even when the mission is chock full of objects! Highly recommended :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.