Exploding on cold start

0xBlb

Hello,

This might be a bug report, I don't really know... but as this is my first post let me introduce myself.

Yes, first post in these forums although I've been following them quite closely since 9 months approx. I've been playing DCS: A-10C since October 2011, until the beta of DCS: P-51D got released.

IRL, I was a glider pilot, and the detailed flight simulation DCS offers is really something I missed... now I'm hooked!

Sincere and respectful congratulations to the people involved (including the community around) for your hard work. Like many other people around, I'm eager for the next steps in DCS, but I think the strategy taken/described by Wags is a good one and deserves our support. At least I fully support it... that's why I bought DCS: P-51D as early as I could. I intend to do the same for the next aircraft, whatever it will be!

About the original subject...

I tried the mission Operation Hangover v1.1 http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87854

Before anything else, I switched the battery on and tried to radio the ATC requesting for start-up... and boom, my plane exploded. I tried to have a look at the mission to see if any trigger where implementing this behavior, but found none.

Please find the track attached, this is DCS: P-51D 1.1.2.1

What happened, do you think it's a bug, need more information...

bug_explode_at_start.trk

What happened, do you think it's a bug...

Either that or a very irritated Crew Chief.

Welcome to the Forums :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Have you tried it with teh auto start up?

Never... I always start "manually" and it is the first time this happened. I flew this mission another time and had no problem.

What was your intention? Help me get started (it's ok, thank you) or track the bug down?

Don't know if this is relevant, but I had the same thing happen (with the training ramp start mission) after ALT-TABbing out and back in... 2 seconds after tabbing back in, BOOM!

Watching my replay, I noticed the tail "bumped" and she rolled forward a couple inches just prior to 'splodin'...

Either that or a very irritated Crew Chief.

Welcome to the Forums :)

Bomb wired to radio instead of ignition. Always a good technique.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I also had similar thing happen to me once. I created a simple takeoff-land mission in editor and while I was starting the airplane it exploded. I think it happened when I hit the starter switch. I might even saved a track, I'm not sure. I will check and add it to this message if I got it.

edit : yep I got it. First I start the plane normaly but I crash horribly during takeoff cause I was looking everywhere but on the runway :lol:. Then I spawn a new plane and when I hit the starter it blows up. Its recorded in the original beta version, when this was recorded there was no patch yet.

BLOW-UP.trk

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

I too have had this happen both single player and multiplayer and others on same server as i was had this happen, sometimes i was in the middle of start sequences others i had not touched anything yet so I'm not sure what triggers it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

This might be a bug report, I don't really know... but as this is my first post let me introduce myself.

Yes, first post in these forums although I've been following them quite closely since 9 months approx. I've been playing DCS: A-10C since October 2011, until the beta of DCS: P-51D got released.

IRL, I was a glider pilot, and the detailed flight simulation DCS offers is really something I missed... now I'm hooked!

Sincere and respectful congratulations to the people involved (including the community around) for your hard work. Like many other people around, I'm eager for the next steps in DCS, but I think the strategy taken/described by Wags is a good one and deserves our support. At least I fully support it... that's why I bought DCS: P-51D as early as I could. I intend to do the same for the next aircraft, whatever it will be!

About the original subject...

I tried the mission Operation Hangover v1.1 http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87854

Before anything else, I switched the battery on and tried to radio the ATC requesting for start-up... and boom, my plane exploded. I tried to have a look at the mission to see if any trigger where implementing this behavior, but found none.

Please find the track attached, this is DCS: P-51D 1.1.2.1

What happened, do you think it's a bug, need more information...

In Multiplayer, sometimes a 2nd guy may inadvertently jump into a plane that has already been taken. If the 1st guy is still in the startup position on the tarmac, in A-10C, I have seen planes explode.

Primed too long? LOL!

I flew a sortie tonight, in Single Player, landed, then crashed / died. I jumped into the other plane that was running on the tarmac, but blocked by a big plane. I clicked the key combination to jump into another aircraft and BOOM it exploded.

In P-51 Multiplayer I have seen planes blow up on the tarmac and no enemies around.