Takeoff Weight displayed?

Sierra99

Just out of curiosity, is there a display or "Page" that indicates the Aircrafts weight as loaded?

Yes I know I can Noodle it out... but even the 50 Year old -135 has a page on the FSAS panel that displays the aircraft gross weight as loaded.

Gadgets

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

In the loadout page in the Mission editor.

Nate

I think he meant 'in the cockpit'.;)

The answer is no, to the best of my knowledge.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Plane + fuel + payload = takeoff weight :)

I keep telling people the man is a genius!:D

...though he did forget about the pilot! :P

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In DCS World you can use the RAlt+ ' key combo to bring up the payload management screen, if I recall your aircraft weight is displayed there.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

In DCS World you can use the RAlt+ ' key combo to bring up the payload management screen, if I recall your aircraft weight is displayed there.

Yep it shows Total weight & maximum weight but only while you are on the ground. There is no info on any MFD page on this. You'll have to do some Math's when airborne I'm afraid.

Haha I don't think the pilot weight is significant :P Unless you very nearly squeez yourself in the cockpit... THEN it would be..

The pilot/crew is always included in an aircrafts ZFW (Zero Fuel Weight).

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

So what's the weight limit for a pilot? Can a fat pilot sue Fairchild for discrimination? I've heard Americans sue eachother over far less inane things.

Funnily enough there are height and weight limitations, so no tall porkers please.

Height restriction is quite often knee to hip measurement limiting so you don't leave you knees behind when ejecting and the weight is a Martin baker restriction (quite big though).

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

pilot can eject in case of overweight then less (pilot + canopy)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

So what's the weight limit for a pilot? Can a fat pilot sue Fairchild for discrimination? I've heard Americans sue eachother over far less inane things.

That is an embarissing fact of our People. But more a matter of allowing Lawyers to go ungoverned. Law Suite Abuse is actually a phrase used often in their profession. Over charging clients and taking cases before courts based on hear say evidence is the norm now. Ambulance Chasers are everywhere. Unless your case is "Cut and Dry" it is hard to find a Lawyer to even listen to your case. Sad state of affairs it is.

Hopefuly this will change soon but it will take a congrassional hearing to get it done alot of the career politicians come from law firms or private practice.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

The pilot/crew is always included in an aircrafts ZFW (Zero Fuel Weight).

http://www.tinker.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-061214-031.pdf

WEIGHT EMPTY

+

Guns, unusable fuel, oil, ballast, survival kits, oxygen, and any other internal or external equipment not disposed of during flight and not listed in Chart E.

-

Any Chart A items which are missing from the aircraft

=

BASIC WEIGHT

+

Crew, crew baggage, steward equipment, emergency equipment, special mission fixed equipment, and all other non–expendable items (such as fixed pylons and racks) not in basic weight.

=

OPERATING WEIGHT

+

Payload items; such as cargo, ammunition, passengers, stores, disposable fuel tanks, and transfer fuel.

=

ZERO FUEL WEIGHT

+

Usable Fuel

=

TAKEOFF GROSS WEIGHT

-

Load items expended in flight; such as fuel, stores, ammunition, cargo, and paratroops.

=

LANDING GROSS WEIGHT

I have no idea what is used for the A-10C for pilot weight. I know in the KC-135 + KC-10A we use 215 lbs for each crew member and professional gear. I'm curious how far the CG moves during flight when weapons are expended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Nice to see how the USAF define weights. Glad I was right too :D

As for the CG changes ... minimal I should think in a straight winged aircraft. I.e. Small difference between centre of pressure and C of G along whole length of wing section.

Load up with 6 MK82s and fly S&L at constant speed and ripple em all in 1 go and see what trim changes are required.

As for the CG changes ... minimal I should think in a straight winged aircraft. I.e. Small difference between centre of pressure and C of G along whole length of wing section.

Yesterday after I started looking at it I realized the weight loss could be / is significant, but the CG movement is probably pretty small since the weapon stations are close to the Mean Aerodynamic Cord. (centre of pressure)

I bet there is more CG movement from firing all 1150 rounds of CM than there is from dropping 1 GBU-10 since the aggregate weight loss would be close to the same, but Magazine drum for the Cannon is well forward of the leading edge of MAC.

I'm probably reading waaaay too much into this. (Too many years loading and flying cargo around the world) On the KC-10, If I move a 1000lb pallet 2-3 pallet positions it could effect trim by as much as 2 units. (Course we always landed with all our cargo too sooooo.....)

Load up with 6 MK82s and fly S&L at constant speed and ripple em all in 1 go and see what trim changes are required.

I will try this this morning...!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THANK YOU! This was the answer I was looking for!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THANK YOU! This was the answer I was looking for!:thumbup:

Actually, that's not working either...:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

When calculating center of mass (CM) changes, the CM is the thing you are concerned about. The center of pressure, while giving a rough indication of the general whereabouts of the CM, is irrelevant. If the data is in the books, the calcs are trivial. Just find the maws, the CM coordinate, the mass change(s) and the coordinate of the mass change and we'll know the CM movement. No time for the research but happy to do the calcs unless someone else beats me to it. It's an area I'm somewhat familiar with. :)

Yesterday after I started looking at it I realized the weight loss could be / is significant, but the CG movement is probably pretty small since the weapon stations are close to the Mean Aerodynamic Cord. (centre of pressure)

I bet there is more CG movement from firing all 1150 rounds of CM than there is from dropping 1 GBU-10 since the aggregate weight loss would be close to the same, but Magazine drum for the Cannon is well forward of the leading edge of MAC.

I agree. You'd certainly think they designed the aircraft that way. The biggest trim changes I have experienced is aileron trim due to the rolling tendancy after firing from 1 pylon. If airbus made the a10c they'd be pumping fuel all over the damn place of course to compensate.

Hmm,

In the Su25T its LALT + ' in my keyfile. ??

{combos = {{key = "'", reformers = {"LAlt", }}, }, down = iCommandMissionResourcesManagement, name = "Rearming and Refueling Window", category = "General"},

Office12_137.jpg

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]