DCS: Tornado possible?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congratulations, you win the award for the biggest picture on the entire forum

EDIT: oh you changed it lol

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

does anybody have the music from DI's Tornado that I can download?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 weeks later...

I want anything at the moment.. :P

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
does anybody have the music from DI's Tornado that I can download?

I watched this complete video just last week - the memories : )

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I watched this complete video just last week - the memories : )

I so remember that mission :)

I was going through some old disks this morning and came across the "Freebirds - The Movie" video from Slice of Freebirds VFW released in 2002, that brought back a lot of memories of my first online flights, first training then out flying missions ah happy days :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 4 weeks later...

So now we know then the guys are going to do a full on Tornado GR1, although likely to be 2016/17. But I can be patient for this one. This will bring a lot of enjoyment for me happy happy happy. I do hope somebody will develop an Iraq map, but I have an interesting question, a North Africa map would be fun with the tornado. I wonder if modern units will be able to be placed on the map in the ME or will it just be WW2 units? I'm guessing the North Africa map is likely being developed for warbirds?

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Good question. I'd guess the buildings, roads and stuff will be WW2-era. But IIRC there won't be any restrictions in the ME concerning units to place on maps, since DCS:1944 will not be a separate installation as originally planned.

At least I hope so. I need those eighty-eight FlaKs in my modern scenarios.

So just place modern units in the ME and people might be happy.

So now we know then the guys are going to do a full on Tornado GR1, although likely to be 2016/17. But I can be patient for this one. This will bring a lot of enjoyment for me happy happy happy. I do hope somebody will develop an Iraq map, but I have an interesting question, a North Africa map would be fun with the tornado. I wonder if modern units will be able to be placed on the map in the ME or will it just be WW2 units? I'm guessing the North Africa map is likely being developed for warbirds?

Your right in that the map will be based for Warbirds, that said there is no reason why you can't place modern units on it if you want to complete some missions in the desert :)

Just remember the airfields etc will be of world war two quality ;)

Pman

That's ok the tornado can operate from rough terrain roads and short runways:)

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Just remember the airfields etc will be of world war two quality ;)

Pman

Well, I hope the maps will be moddable, so some prodigous mapper can copy and paste some air port from Georgia or something into the map. :)

Or maybe we will have a carrier in the mediterranean sea to start from. ;)

EDIT: Maybe not with the Tornado, but by then I hope we will have quite some planes to fly over there.

Well, I hope the maps will be moddable, so some prodigous mapper can copy and paste some air port from Georgia or something into the map. :)

Or maybe we will have a carrier in the mediterranean sea to start from. ;)

EDIT: Maybe not with the Tornado, but by then I hope we will have quite some planes to fly over there.

I would not expect maps to be modifiable no, Same as they are now where there are set ground features and units I expect our maps to be no different. Especially where airfields/ports are concerned.

Not aware of any Tonkas being carrier based ;)

Pman

I would not expect maps to be modifiable no, Same as they are now where there are set ground features and units I expect our maps to be no different. Especially where airfields/ports are concerned.

Not aware of any Tonkas being carrier based ;)

Pman

During the RRG KS campaign it was said that the Normandy map would - probably? - support multiple "variants" to allow for some features to develop over time, like the flooded fields. I understood it that way, that you would start a campaign and everything is neat and dry and during the campaign, the fields were flooded. Some sort of alternative "layers" that could be added to a map.

If that is true, then such a feature could probably open some room for map modding? But I guess, we all will have to wait until the SDK is available and when we all understand better what is possible and what is not.

• 2 weeks later...

VEAO team will the Tornado have refuelling compatibility with your Airbus A330? Thanks guys.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO