• Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

How ED can make a disgusting amount of money

My fellow pilots,

While I look at the list of recent aircraft that ED has released I cant help but to be in awe. We have here a wonderful simulation that will be around for years to come. Most recently the development of the Mig-15 vs F-86 has been a real treat for us history buffs. These aircraft are wonderful but encompass a very small time in history. Not to take anything away from these great historic aircraft. I fly the heck out of both the '15 and '86

Enter Mig-21. The Fishbed encompasses an era from the early sixties to the...well, the 21 is still relevant today. What a wonderful aircraft and my oh my, who are these Leathernecks and where in the Hell did they come from? Their contributions to DCS lately are just the wake up call a lot of us users needed to get us back in the DCS arena. The '21 will have us covered for Vietnam, the Middle East and more recent conflicts. No, it is not an F or PF or even a PFM but it will do with a little paint. :smilewink:

So this got me to thinking the addition of a Mig-17 and Mig-19 would fill the gap for all the early sixties requirements. I am 100% crazy about the new '15 and '21. I cant imagine anyone who is serious about DCS not wanting to pay for a '17. It was after all the ultimate development of that airframe. It was the "Hawker Hurricane" of North Vietnam. It bore the brunt of that air conflict. It also saw extensive action in the Middle East. If we only had a Desert Map.... OH Wait! NTTR is coming soon. How cool would a desert Mig-17 look against that background?

Same goes for the Farmer. There is no doubt that the Farmer would be a big seller. Its a great aircraft in its day and even later. I think an Eagle driver would still have to respect it as well as the '21.

Apologies for the long ramblings and long post. I know there are some very interesting models in the works. I for one cant wait to see the Tomcat and the Mirage. Maybe I am just stating the obvious but I think these are the most obvious additions that would make ED customers run home from work to download new aircraft.

Good Day!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is pretty obvious ED is already working at their limits of capacity so we don't really face a lack of ideas but a lack of capability on ED's side.

Therefore your thoughts are nice but useless at this point.

To answer your topic line, best they can do would be to finally finish their EDGE project, to eventually enable increased modability features and attract additional 3rd party developers.

First off a "disgusting amount of money" is a very subjective number.

What EA games makes in a "Sims" series is more than all study sims combined several times over and study sims cost much more to make.

We are stuck like almost in a time warp, watching games like world of warplanes completely dominate while study sims like DCS and IL2 BOS sometimes have to struggle to gain customers.

As for the assumption that adding Mig17 and Mig19 will somehow be the financial bonanza more so than any other module is a definitely far fetched.

I think the most anticipated modules are the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and F-14 Tomcat which will each be much more popular than any other new early war Mig module variant.

I do agree, that the future does look bright for DCS, I am just hoping with all these new module in the works, the fan base doesn't start to suffer from consumer fatigue.

As for me, I think I am most anticipating the Spit 9 and the Apache Longbow, but even if both of these are replicated masterfully with the most brilliant graphics ever seen in a computer game, DCS will not replace WoW as the preferred "flight sim" of the masses. It's just a fact that most people would rather an arcade game then to take weeks to learn how to fly a piece of digital art.

• 2 weeks later...

Further plans for SU25T

Hello ED, havent found any information about that, but is there a plan for making the SU25T with a fully clickable Cockpit an real functioning systems ? would love to see that, even as payware..

can anybody update me if there already is intel on that ?

It would be great to see a fully modelled Su-25 at some point, but I doubt it's on ED's radar at the moment. Besides we have the A-10 for CAS work even if it's flight characteristics are quite different, just wait for the Hornet/Tomcat to come out and you'll never look back :).

We DEFINITELY need theMikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E' now!!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The La-9 is so attractive to me,full metal,23mm canon*4.

There is Mig-15Bis now,and any plan about La-9?

sigh i wish, i love those late 40s stuff, both recips and jets. La-9 would be fun too for a korean war match up against the upcoming f8f bearcat - you might want to check that out http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=336

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

• 3 weeks later...

Lets not forget that this must be some plane to keep balance in DCS world, dominated by american fighters with amraam. Su-35S it is a beast and could outperform them all, Mig-35 also, but in less degree. I think Su-30sm and Mig-29k could be better options to keep the balance.

Su-34 would be like a dream, imagine doing a campaign with that beast with complex air to ground missions.

=08th=King

chadsky.jpg

well, if that is the case, its kind of hard because of the level of detail released by the russians, but i will repeat my choices. Su-30sm and Mig-29k....but being realistic, Su-30m2 because it is already modeled in the game

I don't think it is; didn't those versions have the extra pylon like on the Su-33? It still has the Su-27S number of pylons.