Wargame: AirLand Battle

asparagin

Looks like Eugen systems is busy:

Just like its predecessor, Wagame: AirLand Battle takes players through a series of conflicts commanding NATO and Warsaw Pact troops between 1975 & 1985 at a turning point of the Cold War. In this episode, war rages in Northern Europe, notably Scandinavia, whose architecture and magnificent landscapes are faithfully recreated in the game.

Wargame: AirLand Battle allows players to command all military resources of the Cold War era from tanks to planes. A total of 150 planes strengthen the playable arsenal of the game, from fighters to bombers to electronic warfare planes. Four new nations and their vehicles join the original eight from the first installment, making a total of over 750 vehicles and combat units rendered in realistic detail! Wargame: AirLand Battle also brings authenticity to the next level thanks to a new weapons system, better handling of fire effects, and a new Urban Combat Interface (UCI) allowing for battle inside cities.

The solo campaign is composed of several new dynamic campaigns, during which players manage all aspects of battle by leading each squad of the Theater of Operation and making good use of reinforcements and strategic support. Wargame: AirLand Battle still allows customization of armies in solo and multiplayer modes thanks to the 'Deck' system, which is now being enhanced with an integrated 'viewer'. Ultimately, each decision made will have an impact on the tactical outcome of battles and evolution of the global conflict! Prepare to re-enter the Cold War in 2013!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that in email yesterday. Definately on my list.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

not sure what it is with wargame:EE, its one of the best rts ive seen/played etc. but i just dont spend time there really. unless you got a group of folks playing it just doesnt get played at all in my list.

I somehow share those feelings. Reinstalled yesterday.. but can't convince myself to run it..

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Thanks to you guys, I got hooked on Wargame: EE this past week. So seeing this, it's definately on my list. They're talking about having jamming platforms as well.

Something I would like to see more of DCS is the dedicated jammer aircraft to degrade air defense networks.

Hehe they are working with ED or what?

wargameairlandbattle.png

wargameairlandbattleurs.png

Spoiler

Thanks to you guys, I got hooked on Wargame: EE this past week. So seeing this, it's definately on my list. They're talking about having jamming platforms as well.

Something I would like to see more of DCS is the dedicated jammer aircraft to degrade air defense networks.

wow, just realising how good that mechanic could be in a RTS game. brilliant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't know that the A-10 had afterburners :huh:

Look more like J.J. Abrams effects to me.

Spoiler

• 7 months later...

So another World in Conflict RTS?

thats what it look like to me...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I hardly played the first game sadly. so this will be a 75% off on steam purchase.

many of the beta players have put out lets play videos. i suggest watching them to ascertain wether its worth it over the last game. having not had the first title i would strongly suggest checking this new one out if its your thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the thing that annoyed me the most is that the devs couldnt even be bothered to read wikipedia for the vehicles

and it still looks like they cant be bothered to read wikipedia.

the thing that annoyed me the most is that the devs couldnt even be bothered to read wikipedia for the vehicles

and it still looks like they cant be bothered to read wikipedia.

Whatever the technical deficiencies were in the last game, I did not notice. I think everything was primarily designed to work in concert; not necessarily to portray SIM level accurate weapons and vehicles.

I enjoyed European Escalation a lot. But the whole damn time I was playing(usually losing), I wanted to call in some ****ing air power.

So another World in Conflict RTS?

thats what it look like to me...

It´s more than that, gameplay-wise but still a RTS. See the predecessor.

PS: and another difference to WiC: there is an AI

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

I have wargame european escalation and it is really well done but as with all RTS games, I am total shite at it.

I find it too confusing, but I give them 10 out of 10 for the way it looks, if the new one is anything like european escalation it will indeed be a very nice looking game and if your into RTS, it should provide you with many hours of fun.

I have wargame european escalation and it is really well done but as with all RTS games, I am total shite at it.

I find it too confusing, but I give them 10 out of 10 for the way it looks, if the new one is anything like european escalation it will indeed be a very nice looking game and if your into RTS, it should provide you with many hours of fun.

I'm right there with you. I have this inability to slaughter my units. I want to play with minimal attrition, but that is impossible, yet I still try. This is in all RTSs. Plus I am a slow clicker.

I'm right there with you. I have this inability to slaughter my units. I want to play with minimal attrition, but that is impossible, yet I still try. This is in all RTSs. Plus I am a slow clicker.

im quite fond of turn based strategy games now because of this. allowing the thought time to impose itself tactically is much more engaging, and yeah the attrition value is rather apparent in multiplayer without making much sense but necessary given how they get balanced beyond reality. sacrifice that recon scout for intel gain isnt good at the end of the day. some naturally got really good with it to extraordinary extents which does show the game in a very good light tactically. i`d much rather have enjoyed wargame than what i did enjoy of starcraft of though. wargame lacked visual clues to enhance the fine tuned meta game that went on. SC kind of made the meta game understandable.

i do love the airpower addition to this though, the turning circles and the disadvantages seem like somthing nice to play with. utlimatly in this vain id love some carrier battles sim in a naval style arena. infact wargame naval command if they went that route would be really great i think. subs, frigates, carriers offshore wep platforms, downed pilot rescue possibilities. SEAL attack groups. that could be quite good in the wargame style.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

most game developers dont either. And Hollywood dont have a clue either, I once saw a UAV with afterburners too. So silly :)

ah now I understand some of these idiots geting on here and stating "why doesnt my afterburner work on the A10?"

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 weeks later...