Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

I received this email yesterday. This makes the Rift the single best Kickstarter investment that I have made. :D

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your order!

This email confirms that we've received your preorder of the Oculus Rift.

Order Number: 61300006702509

Items:

Oculus Rift ($0.00 ) x 1 = $0.00

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees: Applicable shipping, taxes and duties will be added to and charged in your payment upon shipment of the unit.

Order Total: $0.00

Tracking #: (will be assigned when your order ships)

Shipping Information:

*deleted*

Please save this e-mail for reference. If there is a problem with your order, our support team will ask for your order number.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Are The 30 Rift Launch Titles Available On Day One

No mention of DCS! ?? What gives? Seems Oculus is hyping and promoting bunches of software but consistently ignores DCS, yet the few DK2 users who tried DCS all clamour and praise it.

DCS wont run on the oculus minimum requirements..

which includes the

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290 or better.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 or greater.

RAM: 8GB or more.

UNTIL DCS IS FULLY OPTIMIZED TO RUN DCS AT 90Hz MINIMUM or AVG?? (definitely NOT at the MAX) with those specs... DCS WILL NEVER BE AN OCULUS READY TITLE...

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/powering-the-rift/

I HOPE DCS WILL OPTIMIZE of course! and change this fact in the future

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I think it was Wags who indicated timewarp will be implemented in 1000 oculus runtimes, or something like that WRT firuture updates.

It's a disappointment to see a lot of these VR titles to be from the observer's perspective instead of from first person. VR is SOOOOO much more than a platform of observation.

A free CV1...yeah yeah..rub it in.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I received this email yesterday. This makes the Rift the single best Kickstarter investment that I have made. :D

I'm happy for all of you DK1 owners.

Have to admit this is great move from Oculus deserved all respect for it.

Enjoy guys. :pilotfly:

How did you get a free rift

All of the backers of the origional Kickstarter got one.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

All of the backers of the origional Kickstarter got one.

Yes, along with my original DK1.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have the feeling that "normal" gamers are going to get tired of their VR hardware while we simmers keep using them as if our lives depend on it :)

The FPS folks will be enthusiastic about it when games work well with VR hardware. I don't really see much excitement with too many games where you're the observer, however. VR is such a natural fit for gaming from the participant's perspective. First person games of any type are perfect for VR. Enthusiasm over other games in the longer term isn't likely. It's more hype than anything, IMO.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

I don't mind waiting - it will allow me to see how others are getting on and also confirm that the Rift is the right choice for me (as far as possible without actually having one)./pretence

Can't believe I have to wait another 4 bloody months!! :cry: /reality

Anyway - it just gives me longer to enjoy life before I go into 7 Days To Die with my Rift on, and suffer my first heart attack! :D

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

For all you Rift Pre-order's who are trying your best not too think about we're on the "short run" now, here's some more torture.......:D

(and all us HTC Vive pre-order's too)

DCS 2.0 NEVADA FLIGHT IN VR ! OCULUS RIF

I may be dumb, but I've still not understood if what one sees on these Oculus videos is what one sees as a Oculus user or what is seen on the screen.

Basic question: is it as sharp as on my 2540 wide screen ?

PS: btw the concept of virtual REALITY is somehow strange, when one stays always with an unaturally distorted view setting (human vision, about 41mm when compared to a 135 lense)

Now you're just rubbing it in! :):D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Now you're just rubbing it in! :):D

Actually, the best part of that investment, so far, has been the purchase of FB stock after they bought Oculus. I can't wait to see what, if anything, happens to the stock price after the Rift is released. It is nearly twice what I paid for it, right now.

Those who remember flying using an 8088 or 80286 will have a better frame of reference on where we are with VR hardware. While the Oculus/Vive may not be quite that primitive, it's guiding to consider that we are still in the early days of VR.

VR will improve greatly in the future, and given the fact that hardware is infinitely more advanced than it was thirty years ago we shouldn't have to wait another three decades for VR to advance to stellar heights.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

A question for the PayPal-Buyer ... did you have to pay directly after Order, or shortly bevore shiping?

Ordered with PayPal on d-day. Still not charged.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051