DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

There's obviously some very smart and gifted people working on this sim, but I have a question. Why make it necessary to uninstall and deactivate everything and then start all over again. Why not just produce a patch that could accomplish the same thing - the KISS method? Just wondering.

There's obviously some very smart and gifted people working on this sim, but I have a question. Why make it necessary to uninstall and deactivate everything and then start all over again. Why not just produce a patch that could accomplish the same thing - the KISS method? Just wondering.

With all the changes and especially the auto-updater function they may have wanted to start with a "clean slate."

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

DCS world is a core system that needed to be clean slated after every update due to the way said updates would otherwise be applied. With the new auto-updater, this is no longer an issue as it hash checks the updated files, and cleans up/repairs the install as it patches. If the installation gets corrupted anyways, there is now a repair function included in the auto-patcher.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Is anyone else noticing an impact to graphical performance (i.e. FPS) after the update? I'm a little concerned about the hit to my frame rates, and I'm hoping I'm not alone. The problem seems particularly bad near cities or when I'm articulating my head (via Track IR) to the rear portion of the cockpit.

I completely deactivated, uninstalled, and deleted all pertinent folders before updating to the latest version. Sadly, a re-install did not help.

Perhaps new features or content has increased the graphical load?

Is anyone else noticing an impact to graphical performance (i.e. FPS) after the update? I'm a little concerned about the hit to my frame rates, and I'm hoping I'm not alone. The problem seems particularly bad near cities or when I'm articulating my head (via Track IR) to the rear portion of the cockpit.

I completely deactivated, uninstalled, and deleted all pertinent folders before updating to the latest version. Sadly, a re-install did not help.

Perhaps new features or content has increased the graphical load?

Yes, some are experiencing this, we are looking into it actively.

Nate

The latest auto update seems to have helped quite a bit with FPS.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Thanks guys (Revelation and Pyroflash). Just went through the process. This might hurt marketing in the short term, but I can see the benefits for the long term. I wish I had thought to save one particular mission I've been building for a while.

Thanks guys (Revelation and Pyroflash). Just went through the process. This might hurt marketing in the short term, but I can see the benefits for the long term. I wish I had thought to save one particular mission I've been building for a while.

Do you have any type of backup taking place? If so you should be able to go inside of the backup and restore just that mission file.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Just did the update today and now I have three major problems.

A10C cockpit is invisible (see attached screenshots)

Ka50 will not launch, I get to press the "Fly" button and then I get a message saying the "program is no longer responding" and it goes to a debriefing.

The SU25 flies but the FPS is way down, almost a slideshow when I turn on the Shkval MFD. My system is not slow either.

All worked fine yesterday so it's not my pc.

I have all the latest drivers for TrackIR5 and my GFX card (GTX670).

Any ideas before I have to uninstall everything and start again?

Not a great patch!

My specs below:

CPU: i5 @ 4.2Ghz watercooled

RAM: 16GB Kingston DDR3

GFX: GTX670 2GB

Win 7 64bit

Any help would be great.

Dan

832531306_a10invisible1.thumb.jpg.14ab168978d5d9801ea82090bad3e7e9.jpg

884875080_a10invisible2.thumb.jpg.c1a4cd48d34371baae849ca576fbda3a.jpg

Uh oh. Installed everything and got to use it once just long enough to realize I had to set up my Saitek rudder peddles and brakes. I noticed though, that my mouse was stuttering over switches. Restarted the game, it updated, and then nothing worked. I suspect my Kaspersky anti-virus program is responsible because it found and isolated a " DCS PDM Keylogger". Now what?

Edited by wmilosh
Added a question

I want to give a BIG Congratulations to the DCS Team for the new release and features. I am pleased to see the update capability.

I just dusted off an old pre-v1.1.1.1 mission with ships in it and it looks to be running with a few ship sinkings already; glad to have it back.

But most of all, I **really want to thank the team** for bringing back the building-units so that those missions that use them are playable.

Good work! I can just can bet you all are relieved to have this release in the field, even with all of the scrambling since then to meet the demands of your customers.

Eno's Firehouse has converted to the new version 1.2.1 and I do not see us having to go back. WTG.

Wrecking Crew

Smooth Operators Squadron

We fly so that others may die!

6-Oct-2012

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Uh oh. Installed everything and got to use it once just long enough to realize I had to set up my Saitek rudder peddles and brakes. I noticed though, that my mouse was stuttering over switches. Restarted the game, it updated, and then nothing worked. I suspect my Kaspersky anti-virus program is responsible because it found and isolated a " DCS PDM Keylogger". Now what?

I think I also have a stuttering mouse. It works fine ingame but looks like its switching between mouselook and mouse cockpit very fast (between green dot and the normal cursor). Guess it has to do with trackir updating views. Do you also have trackir?

I think I also have a stuttering mouse. It works fine ingame but looks like its switching between mouselook and mouse cockpit very fast (between green dot and the normal cursor). Guess it has to do with trackir updating views. Do you also have trackir?

The mouse cursor is a known bug and is going to be fixed in the next update, as far as i know at least.

Heres the post i read it in : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1570344&postcount=3

Yup, I have Track IR 5.

The new F/A-18C model is a beautiful improvement over the original generic textures. In time I think it would be excellent to see all the aircraft i.e. F-16, C-17, B-52, etc. with that sort of improvement.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5