Blue Smoke instead of white?

Euan3251

Confirm. Exhaust while rocket motor is burning is kind of turquoise now.

Contrails also look a wee bit weird:

turquoise1.jpg.b820118f9c8c61409912016f79b40df8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Confirm. Exhaust while rocket motor is burning is kind of turquoise now.

Contrails also look a wee bit weird:

[ATTACH]71292[/ATTACH]

That looks crazy. Is this getting any official attention?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I am sure it is on their watchlist already. Druid (ED Tester) postet this picture

Qytw6.jpg

so at least he is aware :smilewink:

Qytw6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

It's Chemtrails. ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's Chemtrails. ;)

Funny :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I say everytime that ED have a problem with color, cockpit look plastic, metal look like a virtual plastic, sun color are false, sky color are false, ground color are false and smoke color are false.

No one trust me until someone else rediscovered it again...

When i talk about idea for maximize the visual rending while minimize the pref impact everyone told me its impossible (regardless that other graphic engine do it for the same or more view distance) or its useless, and now people want a fix for a "simple" smoke, people you are funny...

Edited by Demongornot
Edit : thrust -> trust

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

When i talk about idea for maximize the visual rending while minimize the pref impact everyone told me its impossible (regardless that other graphic engine do it for the same or more view distance) or its useless, and now people want a fix for a "simple" smoke, people you are funny...

Speaking of which, how's that mod of yours coming along?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

:D

I am sure it is on their watchlist already. Druid (ED Tester) postet this picture

Qytw6.jpg

cool... Chemtrails

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Minors read this forum, you know. ;)

OT: Muehehehe! :D:D

Ontopic: latest update runs like a charm, but then again. Didn't notice anything on the earlier updates either. Just that bloody cursor that's annoying me.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

@Corrigan Arg sorry i write "thrust vector" too many time i thinks...

@Sobek I don't want to loose long time to create a mod for a work that no one will care about, DCS change everytime, old mods need to be completely redesign a lot of time and now the auto updater delete every change that we can to do DCS World, and except if i reinstall it everytime and prey to every patch that they still compatible with the new DCS World version, the only possibility was that ED make every nice mods official or create an official mods manager directly integrated into DCS World options (like a lot of game do).

So sorry but i don't will create a mods, i don't will finish my mod and the files logic of DCS will change, its useless...And i don't have to correct error of others...

And anyways i can't change the graphic engine for make TRUE optimization and improve perf and not see anymore no more FPS when lost in the middle of the sea with land out of visual range than over a big city with a lot of building (optimization = fail or missing in this case).

A solution can be to create a software who will use urban/topographic/road/rail/natural (for see where is rocky area, forest and other land) virtual map and with a nice autogenerative algorithm for fix the missing data obtain a map adding texture by satellite image for the global map and samples of picture of local point for mode detailed area and the map with realistic and nice texture will be generated, its just a transformation of data, like elevation, where is the road, where is the river, where is the mountain, where is the forest and where is the city.

And yes people will told me : its impossible, but several game/software AUTOGENERATE scenery with 0 real data, only nice generative algorithm...

And for this game its done in real time, but its useless for a final map to generate real time map, and anyone who create software like that can easily (after a really hard part who is to create this dev tool) create (real) photorealistic visual rending map with realistic elevation data and can without work on it (just lets work a computer and when its finish check for errors/inconsistencies) and finally can create a global map, or several map without loose any time for create other aircraft/graphic engine/terrain engine and other things

Anyways i don't will give in this forum any other idea i have, its useless.

So sorry for people who wait a mod from me.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

now the auto updater delete every change that we can to do DCS World

No it doesn't.

There are facilities in place towards installing mods in SavedGames, which means said mods will not be changed by the autoupdater.

the only possibility was that ED make every nice mods official or create an official mods manager directly integrated into DCS World options (like a lot of game do).

See above.

Anyways, the reason Sobek asked is, I believe, the fact that in the threads you mentioned when saying people don't listen to you, the relevant changes are things you could very easily do yourself. You don't need access to graphics engine source code for anything you have ever suggested - you've always had everything you need for them available in LUA and asset files that are part of the install. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Every mod i have install was moved to _backup.00x" folder and was deleted from the rest ok i agree but we have to put it again in the main folder or it work from the backup folder ?

And what about modified big files like 3Go of texture from the "terrain" folder...I will need to wait that the auto updater download at slow speed 3Go ?

And yes i can do it but i don't have to correct error from game creators, and maybe people who use several simulator think the graphic rending was nice, but EVERYONE who see a simulator for the first time will told you the same thing : its ugly, it take too many resource, it look like Sim City graphic, and the size are totally false, i have on of the best PC config today, i play Metro 2033 (a game know for be one of the biggest FPS killer) at 60 FPS to max settings without overcloack, and i can't get more than 40/50 fps (and sometime down to 20 or less in the middle of the map without any effect or big group of vehicle) in DCS, worst : i have one day get more FPS with max graphic settings than with minimum, its IMPOSSIBLE when a graphic engine its a MINIMUM optimized...

So sorry but i don't planed to loose 3 month of my life to create texture for free for a graphic engine who will change soon and have work for nothing and who anyways need to be COMPLETELY optimized...

And i talk about TRUE optimization, like EVERY game do, like : when we are lost in the middle of the sea with NO land at range, only sea and sky without any weather effect, i must get MORE FPS than over a city in the middle of the land close to the coast, or when we flight through a big cloud or massive frog, every graphic engine will NOT calculate heavy fog to the biggest area possible + the cloud + the ground + the effect from smoke, fire and explosion on the ground, it will just calculate fog only until we are able to see anything else, if we are on the ground, next to a mountain the graphic engine calculate ONLY things in the visual range and NOT things hidden by the mountain, and is only for permit external view that this graphic engine have a reason to calculate it anyways, regardless if we disabled external view, but its supposed to be a simulator WITHOUT external view and we are supposed to simulate a pilot inside a cockpit and not a camera...

And over all this problem the texture color are completely false, like the new blue smoke.

Maybe for you photorealism are only commercial argument, but it still 1000 time more realistic and accurate than actual DCS World texture.

Like this : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Einhanderkiller/comparison018mx4df.jpg

like this : http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/299/241fi4.jpg

Or like this one : http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/01/03/120103120958489739250278.jpg

Aerofly FS was the perfect example, airplane have nice and realistic looking texture, the landspace was perfect, and like i have ever say :

If we use the same landspace than Aerofly FS BUT with texture more optimized, one with the same resolution and another one for long range (cause it actually use a single texture) cause it will saved a lot of frame rate due to giant texture surface area reduced for HD to low definition (impossible to see it cause its at long range) we will save enough FPS for having a HD ground directly beyond us and maybe have something like Rise of Flight who have nicer grass than DCS, nicer texture quality for the ground and better tree (with nice 3D and not 2D model and who are collidable, DCS World is the ONLY where collidable tree make problems, every other sim permit it and work well)

So yes : i don't need to have access to the source code of the graphic engine for modifying texture, but before change texture the graphic engine must change and have TRUE optimization, cause reduce the global FPS its not a true optimization, its just a part of the graphic engine, Arma 3 graphic engine take a little more perf than Arma 2, but its nicer and have bigger view distance, simulator was the worst FPS killer, FSX, X Plane DCS World and other, and the result was the lowest graphic quality i have ever see for a modern software.

That why i don't want to modifying the chaotic ground texture files for 3 month or more for a work that apparently no one care about, for a sim who will still heavily lag and who will become incompatible with my mod 2 month after without possibility to convert files.

The best example :

GrandSurf and is BEAUTIFUL addon who are today forget and who can't work to DCS World never finish cause the files logic change before it was done.

And the last problem : the texture change from one computer to another, and i don't talk about screen, when you look DCS World video on youtube with the same screen for a flight at the same season and the same hour, you see different ground color.

That why i don't create my own mod.

And even with Nevada it don't look better, the 3D details yes, the resolution of texture yes, but the color still false.

If you sincerely find in this screenshot : http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=57610&d=1318967175

that the color of the building was correct or that the "smudge" on the ground look realistic, mainly compare to the real nevada or that the color of the montain/cloud look realistic.

Its just cause you finally don't care and don't need realist graphic rending for immersion.

Anyways its useless to talk about it anymore...

• Like 1

Every mod i have install was moved to _backup.00x" folder and was deleted from the rest ok i agree but we have to put it again in the main folder or it work from the backup folder ?

No.

Read post #20 again. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...