Any new info?!

Evilducky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

testers, any update on multiplayer and 2 people in the helo. Pilot, Door gunner. Or is it still one person moving from station to station.

This should answer your question.

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmmm, 0321 here, I notice the activity on the DCS site and think they are trying to sneak this release out while thinking I am asleep.

They should give up on that idea, I haven't slept in months with this endurance game of cat and mouse.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Dcs product and download pages down, anyone else confirm.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Still works fine for me.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

As others have said, it's up here as well.

You might want to get that fixed before the Huey is released. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thats weird, I get into DCS site can browse all pages but dl and product links on the left return 'page not found' in red.

Crisis hahaha

:cry:

I'm in the 3rd world so anythings possible ;)

Screenshot_2013-04-19-03-59-12.thumb.png.f60292f5fdff6fe654421259540c061e.png

Edited by Vlerkies

Why would ED have to run anything past Microsoft? ED/TFC are completely independent and none of their products are "Games for Windows" Branded.

Ya would think that wouldn't you but we are all playing it on Ms Windows computers plus its all coded and programed using Ms to.

And anything to with games and patches that has to be uploaded has to go through Ms first.

How do I know cause my brother works for them.

For example to roll out DLC for Call of Duty across all platforms one patch in excess of $45,000.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Ya would think that wouldn't you but we are all playing it on Ms Windows computers plus its all coded and programed using Ms to.

So basically you are claiming that anyone who wants to sell, or distribute, software that is designed to run on Windows has to get said software approved by Microsoft before sale or distribution can occur.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

And anything to with games and patches that has to be uploaded has to go through Ms first.

For example to roll out DLC for Call of Duty across all platforms one patch in excess of $45,000.

"Across all platforms" includes Xbox... of course they would need to go through Microsoft to do anything official with that because consoles are extremely closed platforms.

If I wanted to right now, I could write my own Windows PC game from scratch, for free, using notepad++ with OpenGL and minGW and have total ownership of it. Microsoft couldn't sue me for circumventing any of their services, and if they did, they would lose. So if by "uploaded" you mean the Games for Windows marketplace, then of course it has to be cleared by Microsoft, but if I have my own online distribution service, then nothing is stopping me from uploading it and selling it there.

DCS happens to not be on the Microsoft marketplace. ED/TFC has no affiliation with Microsoft that I am aware of.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So basically you are claiming that anyone who wants to sell, or distribute, software that is designed to run on Windows has to get said software approved by Microsoft before sale or distribution can occur.

Correct thats how they make money.

System Spec.

Correct thats how they make money.

I see. :huh:

"Across all platforms" includes Xbox... of course they would need to go through Microsoft to do anything official with that because consoles are extremely closed platforms.

If I wanted to right now, I could write my own Windows PC game from scratch, for free, using notepad++ with OpenGL and minGW and have total ownership of it. Microsoft couldn't sue me for circumventing any of their services, and if they did, they would lose. So if by "uploaded" you mean the Games for Windows marketplace, then of course it has to be cleared by Microsoft, but if I have my own online distribution service, then nothing is stopping me from uploading it and selling it there.

DCS happens to not be on the Microsoft marketplace. ED/TFC has no affiliation with Microsoft that I am aware of.

Still using Ms software to make it work and to program it, think of it more like Royalties fees, now put yourself in the bosses seat are you going to let any tom dick or harry make whatever they want using your software without you approving it for sale or launch.

Ofcourse you're not its just good buisness sense let someone else do the work and you collect the Royalties for their hard work all beit a small percentage.

System Spec.

I had to register an account just to answer this :mad:

Unless your game carries Microsoft branding, Microsoft can't do a damn thing about what software you write for their platform. Laws against monopolies keep them from closing the platform for one. If Microsoft could have the say in what software gets released, then they'd be all over LibreOffice and OpenOffice. The only Microsoft related stuff is the APIs which the licensing they released it under forbids them to control access to, sure they could release a new API version tomorrow that allows them to control it, but then you just keep releasing your software under the old API version. As for the $45,000 patches, that's possibly for XBOX and PS3 which are completely different in terms of who owns what.

How do I know? Because Windows is my primary development platform.

edit:

Still using Ms software to make it work and to program it, think of it more like Royalties fees, now put yourself in the bosses seat are you going to let any tom dick or harry make whatever they want using your software without you approving it for sale or launch.

Ofcourse you're not its just good buisness sense let someone else do the work and you collect the Royalties for their hard work all beit a small percentage.

Microsoft doesn't charge royalties for two reasons:

Developers are the life-blood of Windows. They NEED the developers. Plenty of FOSS alternatives on Linux...

They can't.

Edited by s1dev
  • Like 2

nice find that looks sweet can't wait give it to me now.:thumbup:

System Spec.

I had to register an account just to answer this :mad:

Unless your game carries Microsoft branding, Microsoft can't do a damn thing about what software you write for their platform. Laws against monopolies keep them from closing the platform for one. If Microsoft could have the say in what software gets released, then they'd be all over LibreOffice and OpenOffice. The only Microsoft related stuff is the APIs which the licensing they released it under forbids them to control access to, sure they could release a new API version tomorrow that allows them to control it, but then you just keep releasing your software under the old API version. As for the $45,000 patches, that's possibly for XBOX and PS3 which are completely different in terms of who owns what.

How do I know? Because Windows is my primary development platform.

edit:

Microsoft doesn't charge royalties for two reasons:

Developers are the life-blood of Windows, plenty of FOSS alternatives on Linux...

They can't.

What so you are saying my brother is wrong even though he works for them and this is what he does ok fine carry on regardless you obviously know more than me.

• Like 1

System Spec.

What so you are saying my brother is wrong even though he works for them and this is what he does ok fine carry on regardless you obviously know more than me.

More likely, it is that you are misunderstanding the difference between consoles and pc in this context.

• Like 1

Yes. That's what he's saying, and also what everyone else who read what you said is thinking.

Edit: As a side note, are there any updates on this yet, officially?

Edited by Gothicer
  • Like 1