Any new info?!

Evilducky

i am fed up with checking in every 10 mins. just gave up...or at least will try, wish me luck.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they gave a release date and missed the date, it would be prudent of them to give an update or updated eta.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Since they gave a release date and missed the date, it would be prudent of them to give an update or updated eta.

When did anyone provide a release date?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

IIRC it was last Friday one of the dev/reps said Saturday (13th) unless there were issues. Not a problem since these things happen but its Thursday so an update would be nice. In addition Sim site stating it is out and the press release came from DCS.

Out or not is not a big deal but I prefer to have a date so I don't have to check the site often.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Originally Posted by PilotMi8 viewpost.gif

Guys..I suggest to stop nervous. Until Wednesday - exactly. ED are correcting the last (very much hope!) bugs.

I agree an update would be great but to play devil's advocate he didn't say Wednesday for sure; it was more like an innuendo that it 'could' be and he 'hoped' it would be as early as Wednesday.:(

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

There was a hint to after a certain day(Wednesday but to which Wednesday??:music_whistling:) , but no date was given.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

There was a hint to after a certain day(Wednesday but to which Wednesday??:music_whistling:) , but no date was given.

Here it is eluded to as Saturday, GMT, no date lol

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1727424#post1727424

Horror memories of Oleg's 2 weeks flood my mind hahahaha

• Like 1

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Originally it was Saturday and then changed to Wednesday, but I digress. Be nice to see it soon since I'll be away most of the summer and leaving in a few days. Of course the brighter side if a late release is the case I won't buy it until I come back and by that time the price will be reduced. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Here it is eluded to as Saturday, GMT, no date lol

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1727424#post1727424

Horror memories of Oleg's 2 weeks flood my mind hahahaha

Unless I missed it, all the guys that mentioned Saturday aren't actually testers for ED are they?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

Unless I missed it, all the guys that mentioned Saturday aren't actually testers for ED are they?

Indeed, I noticed that as well mate. but, hey, whats another rumour amongst crazed addicts anyway :lol:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Indeed, I noticed that as well mate. but, hey, whats another rumour amongst crazed addicts anyway :lol:

It was one of the 3rd part dev guys who work on it. Not just a forum member.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Tell that to sSkullZnBoneZz

Tell that to sSkullZnBoneZz

I got it, thanks; I still don't know who's who around here yet. I just thought everyone that mentioned it in that post were forum members. I have run across several posts dealing with release dates and it seems some find it humorous to post false information.:thumbup:

Hey Vlerkies, you're keen on this one!

I must say, I'm looking forward to my usual 'Get in and try and fly it with NO training and NO manual reading' for the first flight. Runway start of course, but the rules of the game are that you must return the aircraft intact and undamaged! I managed the Shark no problem, how hard can it be? ;) In fact only the Mustang has bothered me so far, with it's crazy yaw sensitivity on take off in the initial release! (Since toned down to 'easy' level :) But I only broke an oleo and the prop, so no biggy!)

Well, it was EvilBivol that said there were good chances of getting it the past weekend, now they had 4 more full working days to give us an update, what stopped them from releasing it? How much time will it actually take?

If they are avoiding talking now to get us less annoyed well, it won't work, we are already annoyed because it was delayed, and this is not about having it released at the right time, with most bugs fixed and so on, this is about having the release announced and repeated more and more times without success, something i can stand as long as we are informed. Plus, last week they also started producing content about the Huey (probably because they were expecting to release it in the weekend), and now we are in the dark again..

Someone else will say "Better they work on the bugs than write to us", i disagree, even a simple "We found some bugs on x, we are expecting to fix it in y days" would be enough, and surely that doesn't steal much of their working time, right?

I must say, I'm looking forward to my usual 'Get in and try and fly it with NO training and NO manual reading' for the first flight. Runway start of course, but the rules of the game are that you must return the aircraft intact and undamaged! I managed the Shark no problem, how hard can it be? ;) In fact only the Mustang has bothered me so far, with it's crazy yaw sensitivity on take off in the initial release! (Since toned down to 'easy' level :) But I only broke an oleo and the prop, so no biggy!)

How I approach flight simulators:

1) Hop into aircraft.

2) "I don't need no stinkin' manual."

3) Start the engines.

4) Crash.

5) Open manual.

Hey Arm, long time bud! :thumbup:

Been flying a lot DBN/CT for work on Comair/BA, dunno if you do that route, but one day I might just come knock on the cockpit door if you do. :smilewink:

Yeah I am right keen on the Huey man, its driving me nuts (more so than usual that is :) )

You must pop in and join us on TS, we have a wee little growing airforce going with fairly regular A-10 sorties.

Check on Avcom virtual section for info.

If you have skype pm your details. We hook up there normally if you keen for a flip.

Also tracked down old Vanjast, he has the P-51 module.

Flanders made some epic skins for us too.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1710852&postcount=6976

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1709565&postcount=6969

Have the Shark, but very keen on a conventional flingwing.

Well, it was EvilBivol that said there were good chances of getting it the past weekend, now they had 4 more full working days to give us an update, what stopped them from releasing it? How much time will it actually take?

If they are avoiding talking now to get us less annoyed well, it won't work, we are already annoyed because it was delayed, and this is not about having it released at the right time, with most bugs fixed and so on, this is about having the release announced and repeated more and more times without success, something i can stand as long as we are informed. Plus, last week they also started producing content about the Huey (probably because they were expecting to release it in the weekend), and now we are in the dark again..

Someone else will say "Better they work on the bugs than write to us", i disagree, even a simple "We found some bugs on x, we are expecting to fix it in y days" would be enough, and surely that doesn't steal much of their working time, right?

I'm sorry, I have to disagree, I wouldn't say we are annoyed. This is the life of a simmer, I mean how many times do our products hit the expected release dates, we all know its not often.

I strongly believe that the hold up is not on Belsimteks side. I do believe the Huey is ready for release, but I am fairly sure it's the 1.2.4 update that is holding everything up and to be honest, Ed has never released an eta for that patch. We are all just assuming that it will be out soon due to comments from EB and PilotMI8.

I'm guessing the lack of info from EB is due to the fact that they don't know themselves when Ed is releasing 1.2.4

Yes I've been living on the forum checking every 30 secs since Friday, yes I'm disappointed I'm not flying yet, but I certainly do not blame EB for lack of info or letting us Down.

The Huey will be here soon enough, and then we will forget about the slightly extended wait.

To be honest at no time have anyone given us a release date, it's just how we have read the situation and WE have decided it should have been here last week.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

From what i know all updates patches and whatever to do with games usually has to run past MS first plus they need to be paid before they will even take a look at it.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

From what i know all updates patches and whatever to do with games usually has to run past MS first plus they need to be paid before they will even take a look at it.

Why would ED have to run anything past Microsoft? ED/TFC are completely independent and none of their products are "Games for Windows" Branded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry, I have to disagree, I wouldn't say we are annoyed. This is the life of a simmer, I mean how many times do our products hit the expected release dates, we all know its not often.

I strongly believe that the hold up is not on Belsimteks side. I do believe the Huey is ready for release, but I am fairly sure it's the 1.2.4 update that is holding everything up and to be honest, Ed has never released an eta for that patch. We are all just assuming that it will be out soon due to comments from EB and PilotMI8.

I'm guessing the lack of info from EB is due to the fact that they don't know themselves when Ed is releasing 1.2.4

Yes I've been living on the forum checking every 30 secs since Friday, yes I'm disappointed I'm not flying yet, but I certainly do not blame EB for lack of info or letting us Down.

The Huey will be here soon enough, and then we will forget about the slightly extended wait.

To be honest at no time have anyone given us a release date, it's just how we have read the situation and WE have decided it should have been here last week.

Cowboy10uk

Well said, but I think a few lines to let us know what's going on isn't asking too much. I mean we've all been eagerly awaiting the release, most of us are checking the forums every hour or so--I know I am and I'm at work for crying out loud. (I haven't been posting in the forums until recently but I've been waiting since they announced it back in October 2012.) However, if they know we're wasting our time checking the forum like this it'd be nice if someone would come here and tell us.

I've been tracking these forms closely for the last while as well, and from what i can surmise, it certainly looks like the delay is in 1.2.4, not the huey. Anyone who can be bothered to track all the discussions back should probably come to that conclusion as well. This would also explain why we haven't heard from the belsimtek guys about the Huey since Tuesday. When they were finding huey bugs, they were letting us know. If the delay is because of 1.2.4, it's not Belsimtek's perogative to address that. Hence the 43 hours and 3 mins of silence on the matter.