New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

If we get carrier ops we should get a map that is just deep blue sea... great for fleet defence in the Hornet.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something absolutely brilliant would be to add Afghanistan. These high mountains would make some pretty eye-candy, don't you think?

I'm inclined to believe if they are going to the trouble to create desert terrain for Nevada, the same textures could be adapted to middle eastern maps. Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan...throw a dart at a map of that part of the world and ya have some good combat options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

After some consideration I picked Western Europe - Pretty rolling terrain, a few mountainous areas, some ocean, and more than anything lots of big, famous cities to fight over.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Eastern europe because of the obvious...:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

for some reason i'm fed up with bombing huts and mig-21 with F-22)) thats why i prefer western europe theater.. i mean its modern, i can't imagine the feeling of flying F-15 through Munchen, or Paris.. and a well modelled Paris and Berlin.. thats unheard of..

i think it would also be more balanced as in HARD to win since both sides would be on the same tech level..

bombing Iran or Pakistan is very easy for the Blue force.. but try France vs. Germany and you have 50:50 chance of dying and succeeding..

The Nevada map is what it is, it could be used for training but seems like a waste to be used for training only.. so, how to conceive it in a war scenario..?

As DCSW doesn´t handle a war scenario too well anyway, a training map where one can fly training missions does make the most sense anyway. Thus Nevada, if it´s ever released, is most appreciated by me.

Cheers

TC

Why does it have to be real ?

What about making a large map area that is fictitious, but has everything we all want, urban, desert, jungle, forest's and of-course the sea :)

any thing to get out of Georgia lol !!!

I prefere it to be real, because as i'm found of wwII planes and hélicoptères like Huey witch don't use "modern" navigation systems. And navigating in the sim is an other well done chalenge i like a lot !! The actual Georgia map is close to reality and finding all éléments to navigate are easyer to find than... fictional ones. :smilewink:

Middle East, Israel region has a diverse terrain, from mountains in the north to deserts in the south, sea, lakes, real war history, and unfortunately present as well, all that and more in a realistic environment and reasonably flyable distances.

Take for example the "battle for Sinai" campaign running now at the Falcon online/BMS F16 community.

And don't forget you can fly almost in any era planes here, and it would be realistic! Like Spitfire and Messerschmitt in 1948, Mustangs, Mirage, Phantoms, Skyhawks , F15 ,F16, Mig 21/23/27/29 and many more who fought in the skies of this amazing region up to these days.

Gulf map is also nice but it wouldn't have the terrain diversity of the Middle East since it's mostly flat desert and rather boring after a short time.

Same goes for Europe and the Far East, mostly just green. Been there done that... :)

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

Honestly, i don't think most people outside of Greece and Turkey view the aegean as a hotspot. I think they'd be catering to a very small number of fans by exploring that option. That's why i didn't include it - would be kind of like me suggesting a Quebec vs Canada scenario. Not really in the forefront of most people's minds outside of that region.

Edited by Ham Sandwich

I would like to see a new theater taking in scandinavia, the baltic states etc, basically northern europe.

Finland, Norway and even sweden :D

+1

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Honestly, i don't think most people outside of Greece and Turkey view the aegean as a hotspot. I think they'd be catering to a very small number of fans by exploring that option. That's why i didn't include it - would be kind of like me suggesting a Quebec vs Canada scenario. Not really in the forefront of most people's minds outside of that region.

The Aegean is so perfect for naval/amphibious ops though! So many little islands... Even if you are not interested in the factions, the terrain is very interesting. Besides, it could be extended up to include parts of Yugoslavia or something. 64 bit only is supposed to give us larger maps right? (if the EDGE improvements don't already)

Or maybe even extend an Aegean map down to include part of Egypt or Libya. Open water doesn't count as "terrain size" does it? And a lot of people have been wanting longer mission flight times for refueling and bombing.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well they have "SEA" in their icon at the top left don't they? I am willing to bet money that we will see revamped sea physics in the future, but probably not until there is a high/medium fidelity player naval module. These things are usually developed logically. Give it time.

Is there somewhere else people would rather see for their naval module?

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I would love for Eastern/ Western Europe, with a full 1980ish selection of weapons. To me the golden era of fighter aircraft.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

Like some others suggested, I'd love to see the entire globe.. Any unfinished areas could just display a generic texture, but would allow 3rd parties to eventually "stitch" together different theaters.

Although, I would be curious from any programmers, (cptSmiley maybe?) If ED creates a circular globe for the scenery, would that change the AFM characteristics considering "down" would be just one point in the center of the globe, where as now "down" is a pretty broad space since it's flat.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Western Europe with the UK included would be fantastic!

Cross-Channel missions and low level fun on the Mach loop when the Hawk is out :D

And it would allow the good old scramble to intercept that one bloody Russian aircraft that strayed into British airspace :music_whistling:

Or the Baltic region (with Nordic countries)? Quite some room for both air, sea and ground operations of all kinds, and Kaliningrad squeezing up the Baltic states makes it all even more interesting :)

Something I noticed, no one (no one at all) mentioned any portion of South America as a potential conflict zone.

Although it's a mostly stable region, it has enough potential for troublesome scenarios.

It's full of borders, there is a wide variety of terrain (from thick jungle to valleys and flat deserts), and it doesn't take much creativity to spark a conflict there - especially considering that Venezuela

Additionally, the majority of local air forces, armies and navies count with fairly modern inventories and share equipment in common with NATO and Russia. Older factions can easily join in - US/NATO through the north and through its allies to intervene/invade, Russia through Venezuela and other allies, France has territory there with some deployments, France and NATO can use it.

Territory is fairly massive (in other words, f***ing HUGE), we can use literally every single country we have there (perhaps not Georgia, although they did deploy troops in Afghanistan and so did Ukraine, so they're in again :D), all (literally) sorts of missions are possible, including COIN, intercept or long range strikes, there are two oceans and very wide rivers where ships can easily travel through.

Anyone up for it?

Of the aircraft that are not modelled currently (not to mention the ones which'd need upgrades), a lot are in the works by third parties and/or match the Vietnam-era people crave for. Not to mention that most countries fly the UH-1H :D

DCS needs a new map in a bad way

I'm content to fly DCS a10-c on the current engagement area, but simply can't adjust to any of the other aircraft on this map. At least for me any success of add'ons will be dependent upon new areas to fly.

I think this should be a priority for DCS or 3rd parties in development, the entire simulation is evolving but we have no new engagement areas. Release an aircraft with a new engagement area and I'll be happy to pay $50.00. I don't care who does it DCS or a 3rd party, but someone needs to.

Yes I know there is some work in progress but it should be a priority if you ask me, and no need to tell me you did not ask ... I already know :)

No one wants to develop new maps since ED announced they are replacing terrain engine soon. No SDK has been released by ED for new terrain engine supposedly called "edge".

Yes, DCS needs new terrain. I'd be happy to pay 50$ for cold war era Baltic.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer