Will we ever see another hardcore jet sim from ED?

Risk

The argument is valid. For that matter, how would he know what's being worked on or not? While at it, how would you?

Tell the truth - that you don't really have a clue, neither about whether something is being worked on, nor the reasons for it being worked on or not.

Just because you are not seeing something right now does not mean it isn't scheduled for work, either now or later. ED is currently working on multiple projects, a bunch of which you already know about.

I don't know, that's why I asked the question. Just trying to determine if its time to pack up my PC and move on to something else. I only use it for DCS A-10C and I miss learning to fly a complex aircraft like the A-10C with so many of it's systems modeled. There's always been a need for a naval aircraft so that we can conduct naval ops. I was hoping that this would be something ED would do and not some third party mod due to the level of complexity.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Risk, do you fly online? If not, do it, that is a challenge right there. Nothing is always the same, it's much better to with with and against human players then the AI.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

My humble chalenge :smartass:

JSF.jpg

Edited by BDMSTUDIOS

DCS WORLD 1.2.2

- NVIDIA 310.90 WHQL + CUDA 5.0.545 || MAC PRO 3.1 [early 2008] || BOOTCAMP 5.0 || MAC OS X 10.8.4 [12E55] - NVIDIA Geforce GT8800 512 MB MAC-Edition + Samsung SyncMaster 191T || WINDOWS 8 PRO x64 - EVGA GTX-670 FTW 4GB + Hewlett Packard HP LP2480zx || 2x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon || 12GB DDR2 800 MHz FB-DIMM || 4x 1 TB WD Black Caviar 7200/64MB || MAC PRO 3.1 980W || OnBoard Realtek Soundcard -

Ugh please not the F-35, that aircraft is a disgrace in so many ways, irl anyways. A new modern Jet modeled as well as the A-10C sure would be great though, just not the F-35... F/A 18 Super Hornet sounds neat and would add for plenty of both single and multi-player amazing experience. Still I'd love a modern Fighter Jet that comes from another theater than the usual USA/Eastern Europe blocks. One could think of nowadays rather successful multi-role fighters like the French Rafale or European Typhoon for one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So much speculation. Its like watching the stock market.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Might be just me but since the F18 and FW190 were specifically called out in the Video as upcoming and the various 3rd party projects were just mentioned as other 3rd party projects...I tend to believe the F18 and FW190 will be ED products... And we have the F18 in Wags Sig...LOL!

I find that kind of amusing. We knew there is an F18 being worked on and most of the other aircraft, Russian, US and WW2 were either a logic conclusion or already announced.

Yet nobody wonders, why no 3rd-Party and no official addon neither suggested nor asked or announced one of the most demanded and well documented single-seat-fighters? The F16? Simple coincidence?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Yet nobody wonders, why no 3rd-Party and no official addon neither suggested nor asked or announced one of the most demanded and well documented single-seat-fighters? The F16? Simple coincidence?

good questions :thumbup:

i think ED will come up with F-16 in the future. at least i hope.

we already seen (few years ago) some previous images of F-16 pit and external model (and Mi-24 pit), so lets fingers Xed. at least for announcement :)

sign-pic4.jpg

I heard in the news alot of F16's amongst nations are being replaced by F35's and F22's. This means fresh brew for the jet oldtimermarket that might scream for a reasonable budget training simulator.

Or will everything go to a graveyard so an ordinary farmer cant have his own F16 for cropdusting in the barn?

Wow... So much is announced to be wip for DCS already and you come up such comment :doh:

What do you mean? The guy is spot on. We have been waiting for what seems FOREVER for information on the next plane. Its gotten down right booorish. I rarely visit the forums anymore. DCS seems to have come down to a bunch of hype and fleeting promises. One wonders if you guys are solvent anymore. Promises, promises, but no product in sight.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

With the recent introduction of CA and the inferior fidelity of FC3, perhaps we're asking the wrong questions, after all, this product is marketed as a combat simulator and not a flight simulator ?

Yes, one wonders.

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

What do you mean? The guy is spot on. We have been waiting for what seems FOREVER for information on the next plane. Its gotten down right booorish. I rarely visit the forums anymore. DCS seems to have come down to a bunch of hype and fleeting promises. One wonders if you guys are solvent anymore. Promises, promises, but no product in sight.

No products in sight, except:

DCS P-51D

DCS Combined Arms

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3

and lets not forget the transition to DCS World and all that this entails.

Your definition of "no product in sight" seems strange to me. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You know what we mean. It's been 3 years. If your going to put out the F-18, announce it already. Everyone's sick of guessing and starting to look for other sims. Please quit beating around the bush.

No products in sight, except:

DCS P-51D

DCS Combined Arms

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3

and lets not forget the transition to DCS World and all that this entails.

Your definition of "no product in sight" seems strange to me. :)

all we know those titles are betas what you mentioned and we hope "final" version arrive soon but i think what we reallly miss: WIP screenshots from ED, from BelSimTek etc.

i can not believe there is nothing to show

i dont understand why ED fear to show something WIP

all we know WIP means sometimes years but i guess its OK

sign-pic4.jpg

all we know those titles are betas

P-51D is not Beta.

DCS World is not Beta.

FC3 remains in beta specifically because ED is adding features that were requested by the community.

i dont understand why ED fear to show something WIP

all we know WIP means sometimes years but i guess its OK

How people react on this forum, and other forums, is one of the reasons.

Remember how people reacted when Matt, on a lark, switched avatar to an AT-802U? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You know what we mean. It's been 3 years. If your going to put out the F-18, announce it already. Everyone's sick of guessing and starting to look for other sims. Please quit beating around the bush.

That an 18C is coming has already been announced. :)

As was the Su-27SM and F-15C.

What is NOT announced is which order and which one(s) is made by ED.

Do you know for how long a typical game project goes without being shown nowadays? I know one game that started development in 2007, reached playable code in 2011, yet what's made public is pretty much nothing - except that it does exist as a project... ;)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

P-51D is not Beta.

DCS World is not Beta.

FC3 remains in beta specifically because ED is adding features that were requested by the community.

How people react on this forum, and other forums, is one of the reasons.

Remember how people reacted when Matt, on a lark, switched avatar to an AT-802U? ;)

OK P-51D is not Beta

but you mentioned Combined Arms which is beta - and not DCS: World

but i dont have problems with betas - better than nothing

as i wrote i think most of us able to understand why need years making a new modul but what we cant understand why you (ED) cant show how these going - the develpment of Nevada, UH-1H, Su-27, F-18 etc.

should be better than nothing

and yes i can remember the AT-802U announcement - i didnt like the idea - more precisely: i hated

i am still believe only few people would have bought it - P-51D was a much more better choice

Anti TanK Ugly Air Tractor would have been waste of time, money and effort from ED

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

@ Vampire, the UH-1H is not from ED. It is from Belsimtek. It is up to the 3rd parties to decide what to release and when.

I personally feel that theMIG21 has the best information flow. I wish other companies would follow. But this is a personal wish that I have no real control over.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ Vampire, the UH-1H is not from ED. It is from Belsimtek. It is up to the 3rd parties to decide what to release and when.

I personally feel that theMIG21 has the best information flow. I wish other companies would follow. But this is a personal wish that I have no real control over.

yes i know Huey will be coming from Belsimtek, but i also remember of some unofficial screenshots of UH-1H which have been deleted because those shown "too much" however we all known "everything is subject to change"

and as i imagine if heads of ED tell to 3rd parties: hey our partners please show some eyecandies to our community then they will post some pics without worrying of reactions

sign-pic4.jpg