new hotas warthog-AI takes over control of my aircraft!?

9.JG27 DavidRed

hey guys, with the new hotas warthog which arrived yesterday, i seem to have one serious problem which prevents me of trying out my new devices....

as soon as im getting close to enemy objects, or at least as soon as i try to put my guns on a target, AI seems to take over control of my aircraft...suddenly my plane not only pulls the trigger of the gun automatically, but also launches all sorts of rockets and bombs without me giving any input...at least not that im aware off.

it would be funny if i wasnt sooo eager to finally try and test out my new hardware....is there a "Knight Rider shut up button" ?help me please!

it would be funny if i wasnt sooo eager to finally try and test out my new hardware....is there a "Knight Rider shut up button" ?help me please!

On those with a higher serial number (can't remember from which serial number on exactly) the Knight Rider shut up button is removed. This to prevent users doing all kinds of stuff which could either destroy the hardware or could get them selves killed in game. It's done for your protection.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

ok guys i think i found the problem....

in windows calibration, when i move the stick to the right, or fully forwards, windows recognizes that suddenly all buttons on the stick are pressed...this is reproducable every time...moving the stick a little bit to the right, or fully forward, and all buttons are suddenly highlighted in the calibration tool....is my stick defective?should i return it?

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

It might be that the wires are getting pinched. I had a similar issue with the boat switch on my throttle and the slew control. If u bought it in store, I would exchange it for a new unit, but if u bought it online, email thrustmaster and they will respond. They may suggest that you should open the stick and check for yourselves before considering shipping it back to them.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

i would rma and exchange.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

ok put it back into the box again(luckily i still had all the boxes) and now i make my way to the post office...

the thing why im really pissed off now is, that besides its problems, the stick as well as the throttle just felt amazing....and now i will have to wait probably at least another week until i can lay my hands on a new one....

@Rongor: i hope so!never had to return anything to amazon yet.one thing i can say for sure is, that amazon delivered the Warthog faster than any other online store so far...

I returned a graphics card to them three times in a row. Finally I cancelled the complete order and got my money back without any problem.

Obviously online shopping demands some patience and returning stuff is not as convenient as in the store next door. At least amazon will do it as quick as possible.

And simply disregard the bs our media tells us about amazon these days... ;)

hey guys, with the new hotas warthog which arrived yesterday, i seem to have one serious problem which prevents me of trying out my new devices....

as soon as im getting close to enemy objects, or at least as soon as i try to put my guns on a target, AI seems to take over control of my aircraft...suddenly my plane not only pulls the trigger of the gun automatically, but also launches all sorts of rockets and bombs without me giving any input...at least not that im aware off.

RMA this piece of hardware !

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

well, if that is true, than im fine with it...i can wait another few days....but i hope that thrustmaster has a good quality control, and that the second stick will work correctly.

one thing i must say...the things that worked on the previous stick, were just georgeous.

the downside now is, that i dont think that they will deliver on a saturday, so i will very likely have to wait until next week...now if 1.2.3 arrives at the weekend, i will not be able to play it, as i dont want to feel the fighterstick for one more second in my hands anymore...the warthog seems to be a different level joystick for sure.

As long as it is shipped and sold by Amazon their customer service is outstanding. I have returned over a $1000 worth of merchandise this year so far with no problems at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree...amazon has the best service. I personally found a cheap price and price matched it to best buy as the warthog was expensive enough to not risk ordering from a cheap retailer online. Just old fashioned in that way I guess. :p

This exacly why i buy my hardware at a local computershop. When it's broken you can get a new one right away. When something isn't in stock, it can be ordered.

Now stop bothering us with posts that should be in bugs and problems.

well, good for you.your preference....and it would be mine too, if they would sell the warthog in the stores here in austria...but they are not.you have to order it in a store, to then wait at least ~10 days and to pay ~70euros more than i bought it on amazon.

nobody forces you to read the thread if it bothers you.