So SimCity. Who's getting it

Cowboy10uk

Downloading . or rather processing "large file" :)

I received my preorder bonus code, yet I haven't been charge nor did I ger the game cdkey...

Duh!:music_whistling:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon's download store indicates that the DL will be available at 12:00am US Pacific.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is 12:00AM the same as midnight?

That AM/PM thing always confuse the heck out of me, like all those weird illogical units you yankees use. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

correct. purchase email showed up few minutes before it hit 12

Got that, entered the code but still have a grey icon.

@Ethereal...it makes sense if you think in military time. OK, it still doesn't make sense but...

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Pacotito, imagine the fun when worldwide releases are tied to that clock. :/

That's 9 our time, basically making it so that we don't get to play until we're back from work. (I wonder how many times people call in sick just because of this issue... :D )

(When it's during a weekend things are better, but they usually aren't. :( )

This time, we euros have to wait until the 7th anyhow, which is also "as usual". Though a while ago I greatly enjoyed the cries of despair coming from the other side of the pond when euros got a game (can't remember which) before the US. Ah, poetic justice. :D

I'm still tempted to get it after watching TB's rundown of it. Some worries about it, but also some surprises that I think I'd like (such as the more complex economy, "settlers-style"). Need to do more to get the things you want than just wait to get more money, and things like education etcetera become more than just modifyers on population happiness and such.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This time, we euros have to wait until the 7th anyhow, which is also "as usual". Though a while ago I greatly enjoyed the cries of despair coming from the other side of the pond when euros got a game (can't remember which) before the US. Ah, poetic justice. :D

Diablo III if memory serves.

Yeah I did a quick watch of the video and I feel the same. Maybe if they add bigger cities for us solo players. Not sure I'd be into SimCity online as I don't play much online anyways. I don't really like the internet required DRM as I've had a few issues with mass effect 3 not being able to "validate" my dlc when it couldn't connect. I've always liked the SimCity games and am on the fence about this one. Maybe I'll pick it up in a few months when it goes on sale. Ha ha

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Aye, not having friends to play with is a potential issue for me as well (that play that kind of game - I have one that is interested, but he doesn't have much time for gaming; especially not daytime which, ironically, is when I have most time for games since I often deploy to clients during weekends and is free during weekdays). But of course, with how they've done this, I can foresee that in spite of the issues involved it might be more fun to have multiple cities in a region than it was in Sim City 4. (Where I typically built just a single megacity and that was that.)

I loved it when TB had Homer Simpson in charge of his nuclear power plant, though. That was hilarious. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Aye, not having friends to play with is a potential issue for me as well (that play that kind of game - I have one that is interested, but he doesn't have much time for gaming; especially not daytime which, ironically, is when I have most time for games since I often deploy to clients during weekends and is free during weekdays). But of course, with how they've done this, I can foresee that in spite of the issues involved it might be more fun to have multiple cities in a region than it was in Sim City 4. (Where I typically built just a single megacity and that was that.)

I loved it when TB had Homer Simpson in charge of his nuclear power plant, though. That was hilarious. :D

Aahhhh, I'll invite you into my server mate, so you don't feel alone. Ill be the one sending all the pollution and crime over. ;)

All joking apart, there does seem to be enough of us getting this, for a full DCS private server if anyone's intrested.

My origin ID is the same as my username here, if anyone wants to add me.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

All joking apart, there does seem to be enough of us getting this, for a full DCS private server if anyone's intrested.

My origin ID is the same as my username here, if anyone wants to add me.

Cowboy10uk

True enough. My ID is the same as well.

Just got my cdkey, but I'm at job, so wont be able to download for the next 9 hours... :(

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Well I hope you lucky guys who have it will give us a review, not out here until Friday. :(

Hate different release dates

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Well I hope you lucky guys who have it will give us a review, not out here until Friday. :(

Hate different release dates

Oh right, I forgot! You brits get it after me! YAY! :P

As a sidenote, the reason for these release dates have to do with hardcopy: the way the industry is set up, the logistics of launches are made such that new major releases are easiest achieved on specific weekdays. And since the publishers need to not make their brick-and-mortar partners too upset at them they can't "steal" sales through releasing digital before it is possible for those stores to sell.

Annoying as hell, and one of the reasons why I totally refuse to purchase hardcopy. That's the way of yesterday and needs to be ended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I like it so far , although it is definetly different. multiplayer is nice i think. it seems to be very easy at first, money flows, budget is super easy to budget and then suddenly wack! i was about to complain again about plot size, but i even couldn't manage that small plot properly.

after several hours of play i reached busy ~75K pop city that is stuck in heavy traffic despite somewhat ok bus and street car service. one mistake with ordering fuel for the power station resulted in lack of power to water pumps and with help of under budgeted firefighting dept half of the city burnt down in matter of minutes... with taxpayers gone i was in red in couple minutes more. i bet i take the medal for fastes transition from running very good to complete screw up and default ... :doh:

so, are we starting our own privat, invite only ED forum region? let me know if you want a crazy mayor to screw things up :pilotfly:

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

From my end, atm, it appears that Origin's servers have bitten off more than they can chew. I can't even get a new Origin install to bring up my Game Library. All I get is an apology for the slow network.

Pass... Beta tested, Submitted at least 40 bugs, and not one of them has been addressed.

SP Mode still requires a Server slot,

MP mode is Shotty,

Terrain size is Much smaller than prev generations of SC.

I'll Stick with CitiesXL, hopefully they patch the pooor single threaded crap out of it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I bought it today... only to find out i can't play it until Friday :joystick:

I'd like to join a DCS Simcity server, my Origin is : Bakedbattlestar

:weight_lift_2: :matrix:

Edited by Kevlon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for those not so interested in simcity5 there maybe other options, im not so sure but it might be worth a mention. Civitas? Will it fill the void i feel.

http://kck.st/14fgMKW

One thing that is for certain is that this is the gaming era where we can get what we want and concieved as we want and its only going to get better & better the more support it gets. "Get what you want" or be "Given what they want" could be just small aspect in the future but the most important.

re simcity, That glass box engine is brilliant.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for those not so interested in simcity5 there maybe other options, im not so sure but it might be worth a mention. Civitas? Will it fill the void i feel.

http://kck.st/14fgMKW

Skeptical of that venture, but might be worth looking at once they get further - if they get further.

"Community-driven alternatives" have existed for two decades, and I don't feel any of them have managed to deliver.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester