Wish: Add Finland as one of the countries

Juuba

Hello!

With the up and coming new fighters in DCS, mainly the Mig-21Bis and the F/A-18C:

Please, add Finland as one of the countries allowed to fly them!

We are currently flying the Hornet and used to operate in the Mig!

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

i think china should also be added, since otherwise it ends up looking like Russia vs. US, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, UK, Finland, Sweden, Turkey, Georgia etc etc..

already as it is, the RED team is now Russia and Ukraine and the BLUE is like the rest of the world)) lol..

So adding China should be necessary to make it more, well, at least realistic to imagine campaigns..

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbup:

Hello!

With the up and coming new fighters in DCS, mainly the Mig-21Bis and the F/A-18C:

Please, add Finland as one of the countries allowed to fly them!

We are currently flying the Hornet and used to operate in the Mig!

Dont forget Hawk :)

Edited by LeLv8_Archi

• 2 weeks later...

+1

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had actually done a Finnish airforce mod for the Original Lock-On, with medals, pictures, ranks and skins for F-18 and Mi-8. Sadly all of it is now lost with my old HD :(.

I MIGHT take a new look at it once I get my new computer (skins I need def. help with though). I also heard that ED might implement countries in new updates of DCS World if they get the ranks, skins etc from users?

Active and retired from service Finnish units available in DCS World: (most of the modern aircraft and ground units used by Finland are not available in DCS)

Aircraft:

- F/A-18C Hornet

- MiG-21BiS Fishbed (Retired in 1998 )

Helicopters:

- Mi-8 Hip (Retired in 2010)

Ground Units:

- Leopard-2 MBT

- BMP-2 IFV

- MT-LB APC

- T-55 MBT (In reserve)

- UAZ-469 Jeep (Almost all retired since 2008 )

- T-72 MBT (Retired in 2007)

- BMP-1 IFV (Retired in 2007)

Air Defence:

- ZU-23

- BUK M1 (To be retired in 2015)

- Igla (Retired in 2003, to be replaced by Stinger most probably)

Edited by Netsk

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

Actually I noticed there is a really great Mi-8 skin in the library, so leaves only the F/A-18 to do, which is much easier.

Where could I find a template for making all the ranks, awards and pictures? I still havent got my new computer so I can't look in game. Last time I made this mod was for original Lock-On so I don't know what has changed.

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

I also heard that ED might implement countries in new updates of DCS World if they get the ranks, skins etc from users?

It certainly helps. Most of the effort in adding a country to the sim is creating the liveries for the different vehicles used by that country. Ground vehicles can go without country specific textures, but for aircraft it is a requirement.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Jack already made finnish skins for mi-8 and f-18, Beczl already done a finnish mig-21 skin

iirc bulgaria was projected earlier (Wags mentioned?) as a new country too

Where can I find this F-18 skin? Only found one for Flaming Cliffs 2, and with all respect to the creator who took his time to make it, it is not really accurate (missing squadron signs and side numbers/registration)

Mi-8 one is very nice :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Yeah we really need Finland as a selectable country! Please?

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

• 7 months later...