F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

@Chappy & Hansangb

I don't want to build a completely cockpit of the A-10C or F/A-18, I just asked for some hardware panels apart from joysticks.

@tom

I also think there will soon be more information about future projects from the thread opener :)

Which is what that guy Lynx is doing as well as making complete cockpits. In addition to hegykc, his thread is also in the Home Cockpit sub-thread.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

They've never been for sale. Yet! I'm sure he'll have a website up when it's all ready though

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

are these still for sale? site link?

Ah..they are all sold out, you missed it! :D:D

No, it's not for sale. It's apparently in early prototyping-ish phase.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

Questions

Hey Hegykc I have a few questions...

I know you are going to make your own quality bases for the stick and throttles but are you going to have both desktop bases and chair mounted ones? As much as I love the centered chair mounted idea, it wouldn't work for my desk and chair setup....

Also what about switches on the bases? Are you going to have the replica panels around the throttle base for the f-18 or are you going to have more generic bases with switches that people can swap out diferent throttle/sticks on? If you do go with a generic base I would not label those switches like the mamba III does so that people with OCD can use them for things other than what they are labeled :D

Also while I don't own a warthog I think creating more user-friendly programs to go with your sticks would be a great selling point for competition. I've heard that thrust master software isn't very easy to use....

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Also while I don't own a warthog I think creating more user-friendly programs to go with your sticks would be a great selling point for competition. I've heard that thrust master software isn't very easy to use....

If he wants to get into the software business, that might be a good thing to do. However, that opens up a whole different can of worms when it comes to the required skill sets and personnel. Also, the TM software is only difficult to use if you don't read the manual.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If he wants to get into the software business, that might be a good thing to do. However, that opens up a whole different can of worms when it comes to the required skill sets and personnel. Also, the TM software is only difficult to use if you don't read the manual.

Oh okay. I should've known people would blow it out of proportion...

If he's making his own bases wouldn't he have to create some kind of USB driver? Maybe he could team up with some other programmers?

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I follow the development of this joystick since a while now and I must say that I would love to see a space themed grip with this beautiful gimbal (well for star citizen of course).

And I would be in heaven if there was also a left handed grip with a little thumb throttle (and the classicals hats/buttons and so on ) to make a perfect dual stick configuration.

I would pay good $$ for this and this could be at least one million time better than the crap Mad Catz/Saitek is willing to produce.

@hegykc : please tell me that you could consider a left hand grip with some kind of throttle on it to add to your production line. You could literally overclass all the joystick/hotas that exist for space themed games.

I would happily help you for free to develop it :)

• 2 weeks later...

We all do. I think hegykc is targeting June 2016 so let's hope it works out. It's been a few years now so what's a few more months.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

We all do. I think hegykc is targeting June 2016 so let's hope it works out. It's been a few years now so what's a few more months.

Inb4 June 21st on my birthday! :D. That would be an awesome present.

Hope that the target price is still around $150.

• 4 weeks later...

June is supposed to be the date, per his first post.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

hegykc is our only hope now. The big Thrustmaster press conference in New York was to announce garbage :(

• Like 1

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/