F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

There will be many updates, news and pictures throughout this month, as promised. No sales yet though. I have been away from my projects for 6 months because I had some health issues to take care of. I've been putting it off all this time but I needed to deal with them now so they don't become a problem in the middle of production. In the months before that I have done more work than ever so you won't be disappointed.

This is not a 3 year old project, I should have started a new thread after I decided to manufacture my own grips, and that was in February 2015 after the first successful 3d printed prototype. Discard the last 6 months that I've been away and you have a 10-month old project.

To further explain why it takes even this long, imagine what happened to computers/cellphones in the last 20 years, compact that progress into 2 years and you can get a glimpse of what the 3d printing development is going through. Last year was the dawn of rapid manufacturing (industrial 3d printing) and each month there were giant leaps in the technology, so anything I designed to be 3d printed was outdated by the next month. Things have settled down now. Building these machines is 10x cheaper than what it was last year, they are fast enough now, with reliable and repeatable results and a wide range of materials.

So now we pick up where we left off in February 2015 regarding the grips, and December 2015 regarding the head tracking unit and panels/instruments.

With all due respect, this is what I expected. Another post from Hegyck explaining why there has been a delay. I cant wait to be wrong but these seem to be quarterly "the delay was this" posts followed by hopefuls that are interested in purchasing the product. I'll be on the list of his customers for many of the things he says he has in production but any more, my eyebrows will only raise when something actually goes live for sale.

Sent while I should be working instead.

With all due respect, this is what I expected. Another post from Hegyck explaining why there has been a delay. I cant wait to be wrong but these seem to be quarterly "the delay was this" posts followed by hopefuls that are interested in purchasing the product. I'll be on the list of his customers for many of the things he says he has in production but any more, my eyebrows will only raise when something actually goes live for sale.

I understand your skepticism, but Im gonna wait for this month to be up and see what pictures of progress he has until I pass judgment.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I understand your skepticism, but Im gonna wait for this month to be up and see what pictures of progress he has until I pass judgment.

Ive been saying things like this for years regarding this product.

I understand that, but for a long time this has been the month he said to look for progress. Designing a product as a one man show would take an understandably long time.

I'm agreeing with beer on this one. If at the end of the month there is no actual products or working prototypes shown I might just keep the tread on the back burner and check back in when there is some actual proof of concept going on. I feel for his health and anyone else's in this community but even I am becoming skeptical of the long promises and delays and missed deadlines. Love what you're doing hegykc but some results would need to come to fruition soon.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Thanks for the update Hegykc, we appreciate it.

There will be many updates, news and pictures throughout this month, as promised. No sales yet though. I have been away from my projects for 6 months because I had some health issues to take care of. I've been putting it off all this time but I needed to deal with them now so they don't become a problem in the middle of production. In the months before that I have done more work than ever so you won't be disappointed.

This is not a 3 year old project, I should have started a new thread after I decided to manufacture my own grips, and that was in February 2015 after the first successful 3d printed prototype. Discard the last 6 months that I've been away and you have a 10-month old project.

To further explain why it takes even this long, imagine what happened to computers/cellphones in the last 20 years, compact that progress into 2 years and you can get a glimpse of what the 3d printing development is going through. Last year was the dawn of rapid manufacturing (industrial 3d printing) and each month there were giant leaps in the technology, so anything I designed to be 3d printed was outdated by the next month. Things have settled down now. Building these machines is 10x cheaper than what it was last year, they are fast enough now, with reliable and repeatable results and a wide range of materials.

So now we pick up where we left off in February 2015 regarding the grips, and December 2015 regarding the head tracking unit and panels/instruments.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Indeed, I have engineers and designer that takes at least as long to produce stuff to go in the factory and hegyck is alone! If it's a great product with high quality a development time of 1+ years is nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

He gave this month in a prediction well over 6 months ago. He just told us he had health issues and took the last 6 months off of the project. What makes you guys believe that the last 6 months of work just did itself on its own and the June date is still viable?

Again, id love to be wrong. Can't wait to be wrong. Hope I'm wrong. I just gave up hoping these parts would make it to my rig any time soon.

• Like 1

He gave this month in a prediction well over 6 months ago. He just told us he had health issues and took the last 6 months off of the project. What makes you guys believe that the last 6 months of work just did itself on its own and the June date is still viable?

Again, id love to be wrong. Can't wait to be wrong. Hope I'm wrong. I just gave up hoping these parts would make it to my rig any time soon.

Ya I understand, but read his prediction. Those 6 months were to try to setup a better process. Not to make the grips. But no this month is it for me before I start HOTAS shopping. So I understand where your coming from.

Way to go taking sh1t about a bloke who has suffered ill health, Im glad you havnt caught leprosy and your arms fell off because I would miss your compassionate posts.

It was hardly a personal attack against him... unlike your comment.

Would you like to point out where it was a personal attack?

I am sick of people complaining about other people trying to make this hobby a better place. Ideas and dreams and good intentions sometimes fall by the wayside, a simple, "any update" and no response doesnt give you or anyone the right to call it vapourware or i told you it would come to nothing, this is baiting and trolling behavior.

I hope you all bagged Thrustmaster for their last non announcement.

:chair:

Way to go taking sh1t about a bloke who has suffered ill health, Im glad you havnt caught leprosy and your arms fell off because I would miss your compassionate posts.

Wow. This is a bit dramatic. I guess you missed the part where I said I'd love to purchase them and ive been hopeful for years. I've never been disrespectful to hegyck. Don't get the wrong idea.

Once in a while a dreamer wanders in, spreading new found revelations and, in most cases, wanders off into thin air leaving behind mostly written words.

It is what it is and it's best be left alone and not made into a basis for an argument based upon...actually...a dream...

jgVplRQ.png

Wow. This is a bit dramatic. I guess you missed the part where I said I'd love to purchase them and ive been hopeful for years. I've never been disrespectful to hegyck. Don't get the wrong idea.

With all due respect, this is what I expected. Another post from Hegyck explaining why there has been a delay.

I would call it passive aggressive, you can call it what you want, but it is disrespectful, especially if he has been ill.

Frankly my enthusiasm for this grip project calmed down somewhat back when plan of metal product stick changed to 3d print, but I really don't get why all this resent drama. It's his personal project, he can work on it, or not work on it. Maybe the situation is he wants to work on it but can't (that's pretty much how my build is going). With that No timelines were promised, no commitments made, no deposits taken, no damage done to anyone. So it's all good.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Frankly my enthusiasm for this grip project calmed down somewhat back when plan of metal product stick changed to 3d print, but I really don't get why all this resent drama. It's his personal project, he can work on it, or not work on it. Maybe the situation is he wants to work on it but can't (that's pretty much how my build is going). With that No timelines were promised, no commitments made, no deposits taken, no damage done to anyone. So it's all good.

Just curious, but why did your enthusiasm calm down because of that? The real f-18 grip is made from a hard resin, which he is trying to duplicate. You would be excited if someone gave ya a real f-18 grip wouldn't you?

Hope you feel better, hegykc! We're all pulling for you.

@agrasyuk, I think it's because the first post was updated a while back with "i'll sell it in smaller quantities if the optimized build process isn't ready" comment. Hence people go their hopes up. In the immortal words of Forrest Gump..."it happens"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I also don't understated why people want to have metal grips. They are so heavy an require ridiculously heavy springs to work. Resin would be awesome solution.

Just curious, but why did your enthusiasm calm down because of that? The real f-18 grip is made from a hard resin, which he is trying to duplicate. You would be excited if someone gave ya a real f-18 grip wouldn't you?

Let's just say that I am seeing several things that don't add up here, from both business and technological standpoint. But that is not something I really feel the need to discuss in public. As I said above, as long as there no deposits that were not delivered on and no damage it's all fair game.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

That's true. He didn't collect any money or anything.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Praying for you!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64