F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

The presumption is, that when he gets his manufacturing system up and running then he will have many products available. When that will actually happen is another question entirely.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm following this thread with great interest since a long time already. But to be honest I lost the overview on what is really coming and what are trials only. A list of real upcoming parts would be great.

I really appreciate all of your efforts and the approach in general. I will be happy to be on the buyers list.

Take care.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Yes, one mod for both stock and extended warthog, with 2 sets of springs. I am costing myself money here, because I could sell you one now, and another when you extend your stick. But my goal is to make this hobby cheaper, I'll make money on different products, rather thank milking a single one.

Pictures of the head tracker prototype in October.

Sales of spring mod as soon as the new parts are checked and tested.

Hey HEGYKC,

Mate its mid October already without any updates from you regarding the HeadTracker and SpringMod sale in October... :(

Could you please post some updates...?:music_whistling:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Gimme gimme gimme

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

That cdu main board is just a single piece, out of a whole family of arduino compatible electronics intended for full cockpit interface using a single arduino board. 1024 switches, plus 1024 LEDs, plus 1024 servo motors. Well, maybe a separate arduino for servo motors depending on A-10 cockpit tests.

The plan is still spring mod asap. But an opportunity presented itself, to fulfill the requirements needed to prototype a working, full A-10 or any other cockpit, including electronics and programming. The requirements I lacked, and was trying to acquire since the very beginning. At the cost of another month or two delay. I took it. At this point, I'm not interested in debating this delay. I'm going to start with more then one product. This is just to inform you, I'm not looking for feedback on my decisions. We waited for 5 years for a fix/expansion form TM, they gave us more plastic crap. If anyone feels the need to whine, call them :)

I will now pick 2-3 additional products from my already mechanically designed library, and make the electronics/programming needed for plug'n'play units, to go along with the spring mod. Products that cater to a way larger audience than just people with a warthog. Therefore building myself a much healthier and stable, risk-free foundation for immediate growth.

Save

Edited by hegykc

That cdu main board is just a single piece, out of a whole family of arduino compatible electronics intended for full cockpit interface using a single arduino board. 1024 switches, plus 1024 LEDs, plus 1024 servo motors. Well, maybe a separate arduino for servo motors depending on A-10 cockpit tests.

The plan is still spring mod asap. But an opportunity presented itself, to fulfill the requirements needed to prototype a working, full A-10 or any other cockpit, including electronics and programming. The requirements I lacked, and was trying to acquire since the very beginning. At the cost of another month or two delay. I took it. At this point, I'm not interested in debating this delay. I'm going to start with more then one product. This is just to inform you, I'm not looking for feedback on my decisions. We waited for 5 years for a fix/expansion form TM, they gave us more plastic crap. If anyone feels the need to whine, call them :)

I will now pick 2-3 additional products from my already mechanically designed library, and make the electronics/programming needed for plug'n'play units, to go along with the spring mod. Products that cater to a way larger audience than just people with a warthog. Therefore building myself a much healthier and stable, risk-free foundation for immediate growth.

Save

Ummm ... And what about the HeadTracker ??? :music_whistling:

I guess the larger audience including the new ones will need it surely ... HeadTracker is one amongst the most essential accessories for simming.

Edited by Nash

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Both IRled/IRcamera and gyro/accelerometer/compass versions.

Save

Cool Mate...

Need atleast the HeadTracker asap...

No offense but the repeated, SSDD, is getting a bit old.

I still am looking forward to seeing your product line but I am no longer even paying attention to proposed schedules since they change so much.

EDIT: The bottom line is that when you have the cash to spend, it is frustrating to wait months/years for a certain product. Your desire to have a completely sustainable operation from the first day of sales is admirable but it is costing you quite a bit in terms of consumer confidence.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Henry Ford didn't wait until he had several products, for a very good reason. Nor did Steve Jobs, or Palmer Lucky, for more modern examples.

Both IRled/IRcamera and gyro/accelerometer/compass versions.

Save

Nice, but when?

EDIT: I could include Ben Holt, of Caterpillar, for a more military relevant reference, as well.

Edited by cichlidfan

Henry Ford didn't wait until he had several products, for a very good reason. Nor did Steve Jobs, or Palmer Lucky, for more modern examples.

Why am I even in the same sentence with these industrial giants ??:D At least compare what I'm trying to do with guys that were on my level once, and whom I look up to. Like SlewDevice, MFG, BRD, MonsterTech... projects that started as a one-man show, or still are.

I do understand the skepticism and loss of patience though. But, I never asked for anything, I never took anything from anyone, so I don't owe anyone anything. You have no investments into this, so you shouldn't hold any expectations. Let's just look at this as a slimmer of hope, for us study simmers to have a much richer experience. If you're tired or had enough, it's fine, I understand. Just take a brake. Once these are for sale, I assure you, you'll hear about them. I'm just informing those that are new to this thread, or are still interested in the state of the progress.

My plan was to start selling the spring mod in August/September because I had no one to do the custom pcb's needed for the rest of my projects. So I was stuck, and had to move forward with something. But the spring mod is not a product, it's a cheap silly little fix. It won't pay enough, for me to hire someone to handle them, so I'll have to handle the orders my self. And I'll be stuck doing that until the orders dry out, after which I won't be left with a bag of money because the profit it earns will cover the living expenses for the time it takes to fulfill the market needs.

The head tracker alone would have been a way better start. Or the replacement grips, or the generic FC3 style panel, or basically anything I had designed it the last year or so. But I didn't have the pcb's covered, nor did I know how to pick electrical components or how to program them. Now, I can personally decide on electrical components and programming, and design custom pcb's for them. Those are the last pieces of the puzzle that fell into place last month. And they were needed for 99% of my projects.

I shall now pick 2-3 of my simplest projects to go along with the spring mod. Or just one, like the head tracker/clip. That will make the critical amount of orders, for me to hire a worker or two. Because if I start assembling and shipping myself, due to not reaching a critical amount of orders, forget about a product line up cause that's what I'll be for the next year or two, a worker with a well paid hobby. And if I go with spring mod alone, chances are pretty high for that to happen.

With the head tracker/IR clip, not a chance. That goes way beyond study flight sims. That's a general gaming device, 100x the potential customers. And now that I can understand the electrical components, and make my own custom pcb, it opens up a whole new world. My original design was hand soldered wires and separate off-the-shelf battery charging module, again hand soldered to the rest of the electrical mess. That's a minimum of 20 minutes to assemble the unit, after which I have to stuck the whole mess into the casing. Now, it will be the most elegant solution, with everything on a single pcb. A 60 second assembly job. That goes for all the other projects too. And there are no more areas to figure out. This was it, the last one. I can do any kind of plastic/metal fabrication, and design/program the electronics for it.

I just can't go assemble and package spring mods myself now, I have to include this. Designing this kind of simple pcb's is a couple days work once you know what you're doing, so it won't be a major delay.

Save

Edited by hegykc

Why am I even in the same sentence with these industrial giants ??:D At least compare what I'm trying to do with guys that were on my level once,

You obviously know nothing about the history of Apple or Oculus, though I will cut you some slack on Ford.

Let's just look at this as a slimmer of hope

That's all I have seen, so I can't contest that statement.

EDIT: Don't you have an existing manufacturing company, making foam packing material or something like that, which (one would assume) is taking care of your living expenses? So who should we be comparing you with?

Edited by cichlidfan

Hegy,

You don't have to justify anything to us, you will either deliver or not and if you do that will be fantastic, if you don't nothing lost. Appreciate you jumping in here every once in a while but just go back to work ok :)

Thanks

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Everything is a prototype at this point, including the threaded nuts.

Design a logo and come up with a name, check and check!

1b_zps7ccb73b8.jpg~original

1cc_zps32fd53b3.png~original

:music_whistling:

Sure am glad you got the important stuff completed. :doh:

Edited by cichlidfan

You don't have to justify anything to us, ...

No he doesn't but, when someone continues to try and justify a situation, it leaves them open for comment.

I would love to see all of this work out, even if it ended up being expensive hardware, it would still be great. However, every time there is a new excuse, it wears thin.

I think the first delay was the 3D printer that was lost in shipping and returned to the vendor, and arrived a few weeks later. That was about two and half years ago.

every time there is a new excuse, it wears thin.

That was about two and half years ago.

You could say the same thing about DCS 2.0 and even Nevada. That took what 5 years? They delivered :) As I'm sure Heg will too :) Starting a business is about setting up your dominoes so they fall the right way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

You could say the same thing about DCS 2.0 and even Nevada. That took what 5 years? They delivered :) As I'm sure Heg will too :) Starting a business is about setting up your dominoes so they fall the right way.

What does DCS v2 and Nevada have in common with someone starting a business?

My thoughts on ED's progress aren't relevant here.

Agreed about the dominos, to a point. However, if you spend too much time adjusting domino positions, when you get done, the audience will have already left the building.

Theoretically, a man who has been unemployed since 2013 would be more interested in getting something to market, rather than an absolutely perfect product.

I've quit my job two years ago, and I've been working full time developing machinery and processes needed to make this possible.

Edited by cichlidfan