Gunner mode with Track IR

[Knight]

Mine doesn't let me use mouse when I pause TrackIR....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel DZ77GA70K Extreme Board | Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 4.6GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW Edition | Corsair Hydro Series H60

Corsair Enthusiast Series 750W | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 | Corsair Obsidian Series 550D | Triple Acer 27" 2ms 5760x1080

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cyborg M.M.O.7 | Razor BlackWidow Ultimate | TrackIR 4

in gunner controls, if trackIR is mapped to views, unmap?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

in gunner controls, if trackIR is mapped to views, unmap?

No, it´s not. Only axis you can configure are for gunner view and those are mapped to the mouse but are overruled by TrackIr as the global mean for view control.

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

Anyone with Freetrack or Facetrack having this problems? And of course, how do you solve it?

Facetrack user here, I have assigned hotkey to stop tracking, and selected "View: Stay" and "Engine Tracker: Keep tracking" in the hotkey options. When I switch to gunner, I use this to switch off the head tracking, and then activate mouse look using Lalt+C to allow free aiming. When I go back to pilot's seat, I simply restore tracking using the same hotkey.

Nonetheless, I hope that aiming and looking around will be separated in future versions.

My free aiming doesn't work. Tried using lalt+c and it does nothing. Even my external view my mouse doesn't control the camera. Anybody know what is going on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel DZ77GA70K Extreme Board | Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 4.6GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW Edition | Corsair Hydro Series H60

Corsair Enthusiast Series 750W | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 | Corsair Obsidian Series 550D | Triple Acer 27" 2ms 5760x1080

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cyborg M.M.O.7 | Razor BlackWidow Ultimate | TrackIR 4

Well it is assigned, but not sure to right things. Can somebody post what their mouse axis are assigned to? I also found out that the aero might be messing up the client and that I should alt tab out and back in. then disable aero if it isn't. ill report back after work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Facetrack user here, I have assigned hotkey to stop tracking, and selected "View: Stay" and "Engine Tracker: Keep tracking" in the hotkey options. When I switch to gunner, I use this to switch off the head tracking, and then activate mouse look using Lalt+C to allow free aiming. When I go back to pilot's seat, I simply restore tracking using the same hotkey.

Nonetheless, I hope that aiming and looking around will be separated in future versions.

I use FaceTrackNoIR with Point Tracker and a 3-point clip and I can't get it to work. I stop tracking but when I attempt to use the mouse it will start to move but snap back to center...

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

• 10 years later...

EDIT: Never mind. Uncoupled Aiming On/Off seems to be the answer, works for the gunner as well!

It would still be neat if DCS had a global binding to enable/disable Track IR. Going to the Controls and right-clicking there ... it's a bit annoying. However, for this scenario, Huey provides that "Uncoupled ..." binding, so no problem. (Except... it can only be bound to the keyboard, but better than nothing.)

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube