Is the Flight Model As accurate as it Should?

Riemann

Because it feels way more stable since 11855.

Placebo - no changes introduced in update.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Of course! we know about it! We want to make the animation of the blades honest, but we can not yet do it!:)

Cool PilotMi8 ! Finger crossed about the PM I sent to EB-1 regarding rotor animation, blade curving, too high pitch, forward canted rotor at neutral cyclic etc etc... Eye candy, not essential but when you'll want to " polish " that masterpiece ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Hm. Strange... some people have same feeling. But maybe learning curve... (someone also said that some huey *.dlls got a new date since 11855)

Am not so sure its placebo, I hope it is just weird seems more stable is hover not having to put tons of effort in and that was after taking a few days off but will trust you have all the info m8

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

• ED Team

I turn force trim off when I am in ground effect or taxing, I find it much easier this way.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I turn force trim off when I am in ground effect or taxing, I find it much easier this way.

I probably missed something in the manual but what is the difference between turning the force trim off and just not trimming the aircraft? Is the system still providing some damping?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I probably missed something in the manual but what is the difference between turning the force trim off and just not trimming the aircraft? Is the system still providing some damping?

From what I see it turns off the trimmer. So you have to hold where ever you want the stick. If you hit the button it doesn't hold the stick at the trimmed location.

• ED Team

From what I see it turns off the trimmer. So you have to hold where ever you want the stick. If you hit the button it doesn't hold the stick at the trimmed location.

Yes exactly like wess24m said, Not using the trim in ground effect has helped me, I find it easier to anticipate the Huey's movement without being trimmed :joystick:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I must put my two cents worth in. I am a real world Huey U.S. Army Pilot and have approximately 2000 hours in the UH-1H. I bought your Huey Sim and love it. It fly's like the real aircraft and if anyone wants to get a "feel" for seat of the pants flying that the Huey gives , this is the one. However, there is one small issue that I'm having and I'm not sure where to report it. I have abnormal collective flutter. When I land at flight RPM and sit for more than one minute, the collective will pull pitch and over torque. Is there a patch for this problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

Great to have guys like you with us flyer49, cheers mate :) About collective flutter though, haven't seen it myself but firstly are you sure your controllers are behaving / setup correctly, i.e. no multiple assignations per an axis or some such carp going on? And secondly there's a patch out just now, have you updated your sim yet?

S!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yeah, flyer49 you must have some conflicting axis assignment somewhere. One controller is "blipping" the collective every once in a while, causing the sim to ignore the assignment you want and "looks at" the other incorrect one.

Just go into your controls and make sure collective only has one assignment and all other controls/keys for collective are blanked out.

Yes it is. It's an option, not everyone have time to wait for the rotor spooling down for up to 3 minutes ;) It is essential for ships operations though. Operating in high winds would require it also. Both are the reasons why the Kiwis got those on their UH-1H.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos