Thrustmaster HOTAS input please!

Hello Gentlemen... I am very soon going to acquire my first Thrustmaster HOTAS gear.... in Canada thru amazon I have two options...

Model #2971004 or model #2960720.... I'm leaning towards the 2960072 model for the look only (don't seem to like the 'knobby' protrusion on the top right side of the joystick in the 2971004 model).... so, input please! Pro's? Con's?

Also... on the joystick... is the cord hard wired at the joystick or is it removable as it is on my Saitek x52? (this will determine the modification to my 'sim sled')

Thanks and let loose the opinions!

Bmon / Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

What TM HOTAS is this? I am curious about the 'different models' if this is a Warthog. Link?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

I would say they are the same item. Specifically, the are pictures of the same pre-production unit from TM (note the lack of serial number tag on the front of the throttle base).

The differences you are seeing are nothing more than the effects of angle and lighting. I think I can safely say that TM has only released one version (with regards to the exterior). The model number difference could indicate internal/electronic differences.

So get the cheapest one.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agree, only one TMWH.

And the cables are not detachable, you'll also need two USB slots as they're separate controllers.

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

thanks again man... I'm in for saving $$!

off topic... being a silly Canuc, I've often wondered how to pronounce 'Cichlidfan'

Ci-chlid-fan

Cich-lid-fan

Ci-chli-d-fan ??? Wrong on all counts? Origin or meaning?

And the cables are not detachable, you'll also need two USB slots as they're separate controllers.

Yes, I forgot to mention the cables. I use a powered hub for my controllers, though the stick is the only real power issue.

thanks... for me the hardwired cord just means I have to dream up a new to get in and out of my 'sled'! After the addition of the 21" monitor, the X52 had to be unplugged and removed. (see sled album in bio )

But I am looking forward to this new stick!

off topic... being a silly Canuc, I've often wondered how to pronounce 'Cichlidfan'

Ci-chlid-fan

Cich-lid-fan

cich·lid

/ˈsiklid/

Noun

A perchlike freshwater fish of a family (Cichlidae) widely distributed in tropical countries. Cichlids provide a valuable source of food...

thanks evil.bonsai... I do thrive on learning something new each day!

Hello Gentlemen... I am very soon going to acquire my first Thrustmaster HOTAS gear.... in Canada thru amazon I have two options...

Model #2971004 or model #2960720.... I'm leaning towards the 2960072 model for the look only (don't seem to like the 'knobby' protrusion on the top right side of the joystick in the 2971004 model).... so, input please! Pro's? Con's?

Also... on the joystick... is the cord hard wired at the joystick or is it removable as it is on my Saitek x52? (this will determine the modification to my 'sim sled')

Thanks and let loose the opinions!

Bmon / Picksplitter

Either way you're going to LOVE the TM Warthog!

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

finally bought the TM HOTAS.... supplier shipped it today... woo-hoo! Just a matter of waiting now!

Congrats! Seeing as you have TIR, don't forget to remap the trim hatswitch on the stick to trim as default are view pan. I also mapped zoom to the throttle slider.

Have fun!

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

Oh man, I want one as well...but I catch myself as actually not using this sim that often that I can say a Warthog would worth the expensive price...one day...one day..:joystick:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

That said knoby protrusion is the "Master Mode" button on the stick. The picture makes it look really bad, but its located basically on the side of the stick.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Ci-chlid-fan

Cich-lid-fan

cich·lid

/ˈsiklid/

Noun

A perchlike freshwater fish of a family (Cichlidae) widely distributed in tropical countries. Cichlids provide a valuable source of food...

Yes. That would be it. :)

However, their distribution is not limited to tropical environs. There is actually a species that is found in North America (Herichthys cyanoguttatus), the Texas or Rio Grande Cichlid. :P

Edited by cichlidfan

Am I right to say that thrustmaster is selling the "flight stick" without the throttle from now on as well.

But shops don't advertise with a proper picture and never warn that there is no throttle with the "flight stick" version.

Be careful what you are ordering in any shop online!

Edited by Cnuke

Am I right to say that thrustmaster is selling the "flight stick" without the throttle from now on as well.

But shops don't advertise with a proper picture and never warn that there is no throttle with the "flight stick" version.

Be careful what you are ordering in any shop online!

Yes thrustmaster did just release the stick on its own, good advice.

Bmon40 how much does the 3rd Century Roman commanders helmet work with immersion? Is this in common use amongst Canandian pilots IRL?:smilewink:

Scarecrow.... finally a nibble! The 'roman field commanders helmet' is a ruse... it reminds me that at the end of the day, this is still just fun and no where near real life. I think a real life Canadian Forces pilot would throttle me just for thinking about it! (Very serious people)

Chchilidfan.... thanks... thought I might have breached some protocol there for awhile. I've been convinced for quite some time that all we leave this rock with is the experience we've gathered... and as silly as it might be, I am now a bit more knowledgeable 'bout 'siklids'. Sweet! Thanks...

Hotas Shipper tells me it's just 3 - 18 sleeps before delivery.... woo-hoo!

Well! it arrived last night.... installed and mounted on the sim 'sled', throttle works as advertised, all functions normal.

But the stick is nowhere to be found, not in the TARGET software nor in the options/game. The throttle's there, but not the stick. Arggggh.

Will re-do installs from start, hoping it's something I missed, but I think I've got a dead stick.

Other than that, it feels and looks great!

Are the stick and the throttle seperated? means, are they both connected to each other (like the X-52) or does the stick and the Throttle do have individual USB Connectors?

In this case...plug the stick in only and see what happens, if you have win7/8 running, so the typical acustical sound should appear if it is recognized. If not Install the driver software before you plug in the Stick.

that is somethings that would bother me most...especially if it is such an expensive piece of a stick. This actually shouldnt happen.

Please let me know, if you found a solution (if it isnt damaged). Good luck

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

hey Memphis... stick and throttle are separate usb connectors... throttle works in any usb port I can use, but the stick is just dead. Deleted all drivers and programs, new downloads and re-install. Same thing... the throttle's there but no stick. Trying to contact Thrustmaster, but no joy... this could take weeks! Will post again when/if something positive happens.

But I do love the throttle!

Sounds like vodoo, but try swapping the USB connectors.

I use a powered USB hub with four connectors. My MFDs plug into the first and last one, and the stick and the throttle go into the two middle ones. Now for some reason sometimes my stick isn´t recognized either, and what I do is just unplug both stick and throttle and reconnect them again crosswise, so the stick goes into the connector that the throttle was plugged into and vice versa. Always does the trick. As for what´s causing it - I have no idea.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs