Tutorials by a real A10 Crew Chief

JetlinerX

This is the second tutorial by the A10 Crew Chief that has been put on by Digital Theme Park. (I was not present for the first) I tried my best at editing it massively to help you see what we are doing, please enjoy!

Navigating with the CDU

Basic Startup

30MM Cannon and Unguided Rockets:

Basic CCIP

Just FYI, the crew chief in this video is available for questions, and more lessons on this Teamspeak!

ts3.digitalthemepark.com

If you have any questions, are not clear, or want to attend the next ones, go ahead and pop your head in! smile.gif

Note from the instructor:

Hey guys, Rettick here. I haven't really been on the forums because I mainly hang out on the Teamspeak channel and fly with the guys that come on. The first class I gave got a lot of flack on the forums, so rather than feed the flames, I just let them burn out. I am indeed out of the Air Force now. I got out last March. I served 5 years and 3 months. I recieved an honorable discharge under the DOS Rollback and am currently attending college. I've been flying DCS since about February and have been going completely off the DCS A-10C Flight manual for all the classes. I will say here and now that I was a 5 level, not a 7 level, I am no expert on the A-10C but I had some badass maintainers training me constantly on swings. I hope this puts the rumors to rest. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just wanted to get the new guys spun up and have some fun times. As far as my job in the Air Force applying to the game? I know the airframe and the basic control layout fairly well. That's about it. I've been building missions and training myself as best I can so I don't give false information to anyone. In fact, if you watch the training video recorded from the last class, you'll see that I blatantly state there are things I don't know. Hope this clears up any mess I may have created.

Edited by JetlinerX
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

delete

Edited by JetlinerX

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

Thanks for sharing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

If you're into reading private pilot books, you should take a look at this: http://www.amazon.com/Private-Jeppesen-Sanderson-Training-Products/dp/0884872386

Or you could go about it for free: http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Hey guys-

Just FYI, the crew chief in this video is available for questions, and more lessons on this Teamspeak!

ts3.digitalthemepark.com

If you have any questions, are not clear, or want to attend the next ones, go ahead and pop your head in! :)

OT flamewar removed. This thread is being given a clean slate. Use it.

Although i'm starting to sound like a broken record by now, you know what would make moderating these forums a lot easier? If you guys would listen *just once*. Please use the report post feature and don't drag flamers, haters and trolls into a discussion. It's not rocket science.

Starve them of the attention they so desperately crave and leave the rest to the moderation staff. It hurts them a lot more than any of your snappy comebacks ever could.

This also has the benefit of keeping the forum enjoyable for people that aren't here looking for any confrontation they can get their hands on. That's a good thing, in case you are wondering.

Edited by sobek
  • Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

This is a very good video, I enjoyed it, even though I already knew this stuff. Will be very useful for new players.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

nice thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

OT flamewar removed. This thread is being given a clean slate. Use it.

Although i'm starting to sound like a broken record by now, you know what would make moderating these forums a lot easier? If you guys would listen *just once*. Please use the report post feature and don't drag flamers, haters and trolls into a discussion. It's not rocket science.

Starve them of the attention they so desperately crave and leave the rest to the moderation staff. It hurts them a lot more than any of your snappy comebacks ever could.

This also has the benefit of keeping the forum enjoyable for people that aren't here looking for any confrontation they can get their hands on. That's a good thing, in case you are wondering.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. :)

I enjoyed it too - thanks.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

For multiplayer purposes, can it save your flight plans locally so you can load it after a reconnect or does it have to be a fresh one each time? Like how you can make a custom load out and export to a role and see it on load out options online?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

For multiplayer purposes, can it save your flight plans locally so you can load it after a reconnect or does it have to be a fresh one each time? Like how you can make a custom load out and export to a role and see it on load out options online?

I will be sure to give you an answer when I get one from the instructor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise, tomorrow at 7:00pm PACIFIC time (California) there will be a tutorial on starting up the aircraft for those who are unsure.

Please note: This WILL NOT be instructed by the A10 crew cheif, nor will it be recorded. There will be one that is recorded, and by the crew chief at a later date, but this one tomorrow is just for those who need a lift real quick. If you wish to attend, please visit DigitalThemePark at:

ts3.digitalthemepark.com

NOTE - That is a TEAMSPEAK IP, and NOT a web address. If you need help using TS, please PM me BEFORE the session.

EVENT PASSED

Edited by JetlinerX

NEXT OFFICIAL CREW CHIEF TRAINING:

• Friday - June 28th 2013 - 7pm WEST COAST TIME (California), 0200 GMT

This session will be the first of two lessons on:

• "USING WEAPONS SYSTEMS"

If you wish to attend, please stop by DigitalThemePark at:

• ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Please note that is not a web address, it is a teamspeak IP. If you have issues with TS, please send me a PM; BEFORE, the training day.

• The event WILL be recorded for those who cannot make it. Please allow 24 - 72 hours for the editing, rendering, and uploading of said video after the event!

Edited by JetlinerX

Thank you very much, ericoh. I will continue to do my best!

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching this, thanks!

Be aware everyone, that we do have our very own resident RL A-10C Crew Chief / ED Tester / vPilot... paulrkiii. He's made several videos, documents, and checklists that are truly outstanding.

Follow his posts http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=70884

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Hey guys, the next event has been pushed to the 28th. Sorry! The info above still stands.

Thank you from a lurker for any training vids. (Just wanted to let you know. Have no idea on actual numbers, but I imagine there's a bunch of us for every person that attends or says thank you. So please, if you ever think not many appreciate what your doing, there's a lot more than you think, or say so.) :thumbup:

(I've mentioned in other threads, but I still think it would be a good idea if everyone had on their personal page a link to a PayPal account, or other payment service. I'd like to thank those that go above and beyond with a beer or something! :beer: Cheers!)

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

The crew chief and I have a ton of these planned, so I may consider adding a donation link for those who feel inclined to do so. Either way, a thank you goes a long way. It's kinda hard to get them on the internet these days, so they mean a lot more than usual. ;)

• Like 1

Just watched this tutorial for entering / creating waypoints and flightplans on the CDU. Just gotta say I found it very informative and easy to follow.

Extremely grateful for the time it took to do this and I cant wait for the rest of them.

Many thanks

Thank you very much, dude! It really makes it worth while to edit the highlighting in and such when I hear things like that! :)

EDIT: NEXT SESSION IS ON THE 29TH AT 7pm WEST COAST TIME! (California) (0200GMT)

Edited by JetlinerX

As a sim noob (closest consideration going to Arma 3 Alpha, or War Thunder) I thank you for sharing and many thanks to the guy who shared his knowledge! Clear and concise tutorial! At the time I watched I had yet to get my copy of AC10, or have ordered my HOTAS Warthog - and yet I was able to pick it up and understand right away what he was talking about. I even got the "oh no you didn't just ask him that again..." feeling once or twice lol. My hog showed up on the 24th and I snatched up a couple DCS sims with the summer sale. Ill put this knowledge to good use..... Once I figure out the start up procedure lol. I'm going to try to sit in on the next class, Friday. Guess I better get caught up!!

Thanks again!

Great tutorial! Clear & concise and a great entry to working with the CDU, many thanks for recording/editing and uploading this! Any idea what the next session is going to cover? Would attend but I am going to be away on this date. Thanks again!

Unguided munitions. :)

As a sim noob (closest consideration going to Arma 3 Alpha, or War Thunder) I thank you for sharing and many thanks to the guy who shared his knowledge! Clear and concise tutorial! At the time I watched I had yet to get my copy of AC10, or have ordered my HOTAS Warthog - and yet I was able to pick it up and understand right away what he was talking about. I even got the "oh no you didn't just ask him that again..." feeling once or twice lol. My hog showed up on the 24th and I snatched up a couple DCS sims with the summer sale. Ill put this knowledge to good use..... Once I figure out the start up procedure lol. I'm going to try to sit in on the next class, Friday. Guess I better get caught up!!

Thanks again!

Thanks a bunch for the kind words! We will be doing more tutorials after these last few get done which will cover the most basic of stuff as well. From start up, to flying, etc. So you can learn a lot from those too in the future! :)