New Autoupdates Jun 27-28

Well, seems that this strategy paid off once again. - what did you, cichlidfan ?!

..but besides this, ..I don't get why you call this a "mess" ?!

Me, I did nothing. I learned a long time ago to never update for the first 12 to 24 hours. Just read the forums.

It is a mess, because half of these posts could be avoided if the updater switches and the use of the Module Manager were documented.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, I did nothing. I learned a long time ago to never update for the first 12 to 24 hours. Just read the forums.

It is a mess, because half of these posts could be avoided if the updater switches and the use of the Module Manager were documented.

... let's wait for another update to get this fixed ;) - QA seems to be:

a) overworked

b) on vacation.

c) both: a) and b)

d) only e)

f) they work with a similar list and missed also something

g) what's e) ?!

edit:

@ all

before you want to jump in and post something along my lines - behold! and watch first this - so you can rearranged your thoughts:

Edited by PeterP

... let's wait for another update to get this fixed ;) - QA seems to be on vacation.

Since there were no changes, I guess there was nothing to test. ;)

My Kerbal load times are rather long too but that is another story!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Can someone please explain how 'no content change' can cause this mess?

Version # Conflicts?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Dude , I hope you don't do it at all! - just 'little much' is already too much!

Just wanted to clear something up on behalf of kontiuka.

"little much" means he thought the comment about beating wife and children was not needed in the forum. Thats all. Its just a saying, a shortened version of "a little too much".

Regards,

Milli

Really, really sorry for this OffTopic that I have posted, and I have caused :

Just wanted to clear something up on behalf of kontiuka.

"little much" means he thought the comment about beating wife and children was not needed in the forum. Thats all. Its just a saying, a shortened version of "a little too much".

Regards,

Milli

Thanks! Now I UNDERSTAND !

...and explaining to someone else how to fragment infantry with the GAU-8 is OK- but only mentioning domestic violence is a no-go. OK

I'm so Sorry to bring up this picture of pure violence up to you !

-nevermind.

wink.gif(next time try to read between the lines - maybe you will understand me better - next time - and sorry for the dilemma! Honest: - Kontiuka, I also struggle with it !)

last post/quote from me in this thread that serves really no purpose at all *Promised* :

EDIT: I think that it would be the best to post a somewhat official explanation what happened - and just close this thread - so no more users that just start their weekend get confused.

EDIT #2:

c0ff - ED-Team:

1.2.4.14196 was pulled because of the problems...

1.2.4.14196 was pulled because of the problems with UH-1H module.

1.2.4.12913 is the most recent version once again.

Sorry for the mess.

Edited by PeterP

- sorry to brake my promise just to help someone -

I just want to prevent that some of you give him the 'hot tip' to make a reinstall or clear his registry , or whatever...

I can't get 6DOF to work in the F-15 and Su-27 in MP. Works fine in SP but refuses to work in MP.

Can anybody reproduce?

The MP-Mission you have joined uses a pre-1.2.4 mission. that has a 'View' folder in it that restricts your head movement to a non 6DOF cockpit.

There is nothing wrong with your installation - please contact the mission host to update his missions and delete any view restriction in his *.miz file. (just delte the 'view' folder in it >>> Total mystery with this mission file )

And BTW:This thread is not the place to post such problems.;) - (better talk about domestic violence and why you don't want it to be mentioned at all)

...Sooooo - once again:

last post/quote from me in this thread that serves really no purpose at all *Promised* :

EDIT: I think that it would be the best to post a somewhat official explanation what happened - and just close this thread - so no more users that just start their weekend get confused.

EDIT #2:

c0ff - ED-Team:

1.2.4.14196 was pulled because of the problems...

1.2.4.14196 was pulled because of the problems with UH-1H module.

1.2.4.12913 is the most recent version once again.

Sorry for the mess.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Someone on the ED team should get a pat on the back.

In the past if there was an issue with an update we'd have to wait until it was fixed. Simply backing off to the previous version seems like a no brainer but is actually a rarely seen move that shows that whoever is making the decisions is on the ball. :thumbup:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Someone on the ED team should get a pat on the back.

In the past if there was an issue with an update we'd have to wait until it was fixed. Simply backing off to the previous version seems like a no brainer but is actually a rarely seen move that shows that whoever is making the decisions is on the ball. :thumbup:

Actually, it is more a sign that they learn from experience.

Not everyone learns from experience. :music_whistling:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

If this latest patch is indeed a rollback, how do you use the autoupdater to rollback to the previous version without having to download anything?

The download is going at snail's pace of 70-80KB/s. Come on! I've got a 50+Mbps connection. Tell your hamsters to run faster! :D

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

Hello everybody ;)

Like you the 06-28-2013 I have installed the patch 1.2.4.14196 and like you I meet the same problem but it's not the end of time !!!

In first I've uninstalled my DCS + all my modules and I've download the DCS World + the modules from the home page of DCS: Downloads / DCS and Modules:

DCS_World_1.2.4.12913_186

+

UH-1H_1.2.4.12913_186

P-51D_1.2.4.12913_186

KA-50_1.2.4.12913_186

A-10C_1.2.4.12913_186

So yes it's not very fast to download all these files but after fourteen hours everything was OK and my DCS was installed and OK again :joystick:

Now I know one thing, in the futures when I do not use my DCS I will download these new files like that if I meet one bug I could installed quickly my DCS again :music_walkman:

I would like to thanks the DCS team for his incredible work because DCS is the best simulator for PC :beer::cheer3nc::beer::cheer3nc:

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English...:wacko:

Bye, Skull.

I haven't updated since release of 1.2.4. I miss multiplayer but will use autoupdater in 1.2.5 when its out...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.