RWR sounds

sumerion

Some mod like that already exists for DCS:

I was asking about it in a PM, but never heard back.

Figured that the mod is squadron-only (which is ok).

Thought I'd replied, but obviously not, apologies. I do get quite a few PMs asking various questions on these boards so don't check them too often.

Yes, for reasons you've already picked up on it is a 476th only mod. But if you want a headstart to make your own......

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=85507&stc=1&d=1375120127

ALR69_param.lua

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thought I'd replied, but obviously not, apologies. I do get quite a few PMs asking various questions on these boards so don't check them too often.

Yes, for reasons you've already picked up on it is a 476th only mod. But if you want a headstart to make your own......

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=85507&stc=1&d=1375120127

Wow HUGE thank you Eddie! Absolutely invaluable, will save a ton of time working some of these out, thank you again! If I release my audio version and use some of your assignments is that ok? Naturally will credit the 476th for them.

Ive installed the mod manually ..... but cant check it out for a few hours as the sun it too bright , and effects my Tir5 .

What do you guys think about this mod , as it does seem that different tones for different tracking radar is in fact correct .

I will check it out later ..... thank you for your effort's Tetra :) .

For those who would like to see the RWR in action please see this video, the beginning part is probably the most important bit, watch as the plane is surrounded by a cloud of hostility.

Then the second part probably around 1:20:05 onwards also kinda shows you a more relaxed version.

Better quality in full screen.

A word of note, I manually changed about 2-3 sounds there myself. So it might sound different than this mod, but only by about 2%.

http://www.twitch.tv/ralfidude/b/439854478

PS: skip to 1:35:05 guns kill, 1:36:50 guns kill, and then 1:44:10 aim 9 kill. It was glorious!!! AHAHhaaha

Edited by ralfidude

A word of note, I manually changed about 2-3 sounds there myself. So it might sound different than this mod, but only by about 2%.

Any notes on those changes would be appreciated. I'm an obsessive customizer and I'm always looking at ways to make things just the way I want them.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Well I went ahead and changed the CONTACT sound, so instead of the beeping contact you get on the RWR I replaced it with one of the sounds from the BMS folder, I just chose something non invasive or annoying that sounded better.

I also dug through hundreds of youtube videos to change the flare sound. It sounds a tiny bit better now, since the stock sound is quiet as hell. I still don't like it as much but meh... there are no good references out there. What I really would have liked is this sound at 17 seconds:

Im also looking to change the missile warning to something else too from BMS. Probably like a SA-2 launch type warning.