Su-25A sweet

got the Su-25A module over the weekend and it's great fun flying it and sharpening old rusty skills, i have DCS World, Su-25T and Su-25A all for 14.99usd ... pretty good value for my dollar eh?

now if i live long enough i'll get to see DCS overtake MSFSX as THE premere flight sim once we get to fly in theaters all around the world

and of course blow shit up in those theatres

it's been a long road but it's really taking shape now!

well done ED

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Then you should see the proper DCS modules. Sure, they take more time to learn, but they are the best simulations we can dream of. The Flaming Cliff stuff is nice to have too but they are very simple in comparison to DCS-modules.

@wetta ..of course its easier to kill stuff with a-10c with guided munition and better SA.. but, thats why at least for me i like su25a better, i feel like i really excel if i get to use it and destroy the enemy in due time.. it takes much more skills to do it with su-25a than a-10c.. in a way pilots have to be even better than those flying in more computerized planes that assist them to do the task at hand.. flying, waypoints, SA, finding an enemy, egress points, positionig yourself correctly.. making all this while flying in formation with your buddies, there is no greater pleasure than seeing all this come to place and firing your weapons and destroying the targets 300 miles away with deadly effect and returning home..

Su-25A deserves a DCS fully clickable model.. or at least Su-25SM so it would be a little easier for other sim pilots who don't like to do it the old fashion way..

Su-25A deserves a DCS fully clickable model.. or at least Su-25SM so it would be a little easier for other sim pilots who don't like to do it the old fashion way..

For various reasons, the universe itself would conspire against making either of those a reality.

I hope... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

@weta ..of course its easier to kill stuff with a-10c with guided munition and better SA.. but, thats why at least for me i like su25a better

:) I was posting in response to:

Then you should see the proper DCS modules. Sure, they take more time to learn, but they are the best simulations we can dream of. The Flaming Cliff stuff is nice to have too but they are very simple in comparison to DCS-modules.

And when I said:

It's a whole lot simpler to kill anything from the A-10C than from the Su-25A.

Which is where the fun comes in....

What I was saying (though obviously not clearly enough) was that much as I enjoy the DCS.A-10C module, the Su-25A was a lot of fun to fly, and that just because it has less switches, the Su-25A isn't simpler to use - on the contrary, the A-10C is easier to use once you've memorised the HOTAS, and the Su-25A's simplicity makes it if anything more difficult to use - "which is where the fun comes in"

Cheers.

Call me crazy but I actually find the Su-25 much easier to handle in situations where you are lower and in close with the targets. With the A-10C you have to be very heads-down working with the TGP and Mav screens to target weapons. With the Su-25 you have just what you need on the gunsight--see the target, put the dot on it, and pull the trigger....only thing that is a challenge is that with the laser guided stuff you have to lase all the way in.

Call me crazy but I actually find the Su-25 much easier to handle in situations where you are lower and in close with the targets. With the A-10C you have to be very heads-down working with the TGP and Mav screens to target weapons. With the Su-25 you have just what you need on the gunsight--see the target, put the dot on it, and pull the trigger....only thing that is a challenge is that with the laser guided stuff you have to lase all the way in.

You can do all that in the Hog as well. Its just that in the 25 you have no other option. I like to start people off in the 25 as they dont have any crutches (hud,TGP,etc) so they are forced to learn the basics of airmanship. When it comes to combat the fundamentals are the same between both aircraft with the exception that the Hog taunts you with all the automation so alot of people don focus on the basics e.g unguided rockets,bombs,HADB, MAT techniques etc.

Even though I greatly enjoy the clickable cockpits and systems modeling of DCS fidelity, I haven't flown anything else since the release of the Su-25A and probably won't for a while. Didn't go for FC3 but now as a separate module I just couldn't resist. It's difficult not to love the Su-25A and I hope it gets what it deserves in the long term in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I too have always really enjoyed the Su25A. I love all the different type of weapons you can hang off it and the minimal HUD.

She's a bit of a speed demon too :)

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Speed, agility, raw power, simplicity, it is one hell of a machine... Certainly not as efficient as A-10C with all sophisticated weapon systems and avionics, but still great and demanding real flying skills. I would love to see Su-25A at DCS level and I also love just to fly it empty or fly different training sorties, realistic attack patterns, realistic weapon employment training, navigation, etc.

Su-25A might become a bit more difficult if it goes as detailed as DCS: A-10. Remember how fast it was to start up FC: A-10 and up in the air in no time? :D

(but of course this will only happen if pigs fly or if Russian airforce orders the sim)

This space is available for your advertisement

got the Su-25A module over the weekend and it's great fun flying it and sharpening old rusty skills, i have DCS World, Su-25T and Su-25A all for 14.99usd ... pretty good value for my dollar eh?

now if i live long enough i'll get to see DCS overtake MSFSX as THE premere flight sim once we get to fly in theaters all around the world

and of course blow shit up in those theatres

it's been a long road but it's really taking shape now!

well done ED

FSX is about ready to offer just that with the addition of TACPACK from VRS simulations. The entire world.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3527 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

Disagree, I have fun with Su-25A all the time, just flying it. It's a great aircraft for mastering the real flying skills, I never actually loaded Su-25A with any weapon.

Actually, neither you nor Boomer disagree, you just didn't understand what I wrote - which I guess is my fault for not being clear...

Cheers.

The release of the Su-25A module has reignited my passion for the Grach. It's an amazing aircraft to fly and the 6DoF cockpit is definitely awesome. It's the next best thing to my dream sim, the A-4 Skyhawk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

The release of the Su-25A module has reignited my passion for the Grach. It's an amazing aircraft to fly and the 6DoF cockpit is definitely awesome. It's the next best thing to my dream sim, the A-4 Skyhawk.

ohh yeah please!! the a-4!! super simple, carrier ops!:thumbup:

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

I don't think I will buy it but I would definitely like to see some gameplay videos.

Scratch that. After seeing how much people were loving it, I just couldn't resist anymore :D

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Purchased it last night, wow, a lot of fun, it's like the p-51 and a-10 rolled into one. I'm still getting used to the flight dynamics and have only scratched the surface with weapons deployment but it is definitely worth the $15.

• Like 1

i7-4790k stock 4.4 / gtx 980ti / 16gb ram / 256gb ssd (os) / 256gb ssd for apps / Acer XB27OHU 27" g-sync