performance with dynamic weather overcast and rain

159th_Falcon

Ok, something is fishy here.

Was playing an mission the other night whit heavy rain, thunderstorms, wind it was all in there.

(dynamic weather)

Normally, i get around 27 to 30 fps capped in this mission.

Whit this weather it didn't go above 11 fps, 9 showing in the attached screenshot.

Still, the CPU highest core load didn't go above 30% and the GPU load didn't get past 50% orso.

Any ideas? Also see attached screenshot.

System Specs;

W8 64

Hasswel 4770

16 GB Kingston HyperX Anniversary RAM (cause i liked the silver color:D)

AMD Saphire 6950 2GB flex edition GPU

Samsung 128GB Pro SSD (840 serie) for windows

Samsung 256GB Evo SSD (840 serie) for games

System was first assembled on 21-sep-2013.

756155704_whatswrongA.thumb.jpg.469ad1db2610adae7237d944f0436740.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Ok, something is fishy here.

Was playing an mission the other night whit heavy rain, thunderstorms, wind it was all in there.

(dynamic weather)

Normally, i get around 27 to 30 fps capped in this mission.

Whit this weather it didn't go above 11 fps, 9 showing in the attached screenshot.

Still, the CPU highest core load didn't go above 30% and the GPU load didn't get past 50% orso.

Any ideas? Also see attached screenshot.

System Specs;

W8 64

Hasswel 4770

16 GB Kingston HyperX Anniversary RAM (cause i liked the silver color:D)

AMD Saphire 6950 2GB flex edition GPU

Samsung 128GB Pro SSD (840 serie) for windows

Samsung 256GB Evo SSD (840 serie) for games

System was first assembled on 21-sep-2013.

overcast weather has always been a system hog in lock on and DCS series.

until we get multi cpu support things are tight atm, really hoping the new edge code

supports this and we get improved fps.

Guess, you didn't read my post.

Point is not the bad performance, point is that my system is NOT being bogged down in any way, shape or form.

There's plenty resources left, just not being used.

(and no, i don't mean the remaining 2 idle cores, i mean just the one running at 30% load)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

and on which pcie slot VGA installed?

I would be interested in knowing how this could affect performance?

Hardware is interesting to me.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

what is your mainboard ? and on which pcie slot VGA installed?

I would be interested in knowing how this could affect performance?

Hardware is interesting to me.

Some slots have 16 Lane connector but are only alloted 4x or 8x lanes to the CPU.

Forcing GPU to Run in 8x or 4x Mode.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Some slots have 16 Lane connector but are only alloted 4x or 8x lanes to the CPU.

Forcing GPU to Run in 8x or 4x Mode.

Is this true for newer tech. or something from the beginning of PCIe?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

That's not new ;). Maybe worse with 1.2.6 (idk), but i cryed at least a year ago about dynamic weather.

post 12:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90471&highlight=dynamic+weather&page=2

I had severe issues with my xeons back in time, and as it wasn't the worse hardware, i told myself to never build a dynamic weather mission. Even with a few units. :cry:

for a Ka-50, it attract crazy shkval and Trimmer issues. (the trim button can't stay pushed)

i didn't mess anymore with the dynamic weather, even with my i7.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 2 weeks later...

I wish we could get some feedback on this issue. I've been excited to implement dynamic weather and have seen some REALLY neat effects... however guys on the server are constantly telling me no matter how similar I make the systems (2 in later missions... more in earlier ones downloaded from the dynamic weather explanation thread) their FPS are crushed. This is coming from people with all walks of hardware... newer... older... (evidently twin Titans as well as mentioned above... yeeesh.)

Anyway... so I guess the final stance as far as we can tell right now is that DW is broken and not worth implementing in any way?

And I'm not talking SP... strictly wanting to know for MP.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Anyway... so I guess the final stance as far as we can tell right now is that DW is broken and not worth implementing in any way?

I would agree with you 100%.

I do not use it in any of the MP missions I create specifically for the FPS reasons you mentioned above. I stick with the standard weather until DW works properly.

Hopefully it will be fixed...'one day'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Which is a shame because seriously... once I tucked into it a bit I was AMAZED at the potential. It really, really added a whole new level of difficulty to the missions- even with really basic implementation of a couple of systems acting on one another.

I was always amazed at how I could leave sunny Batumi and by the time I was flying past Kobuleti I start seeing the clouds build up. When I got to Gudauta it was an all out snowstorm...

Wonder if it's being given ANY priority at all?

"ENO"

I don't think dynamic weather itself is at fault here. Put in 10/10 static cloud cover and you'll see the exact same stutters etc. than you would if it was generated dynamically. Or that's my experience anyway dunno.gif

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 3 weeks later...
Or that's my experience anyway dunno.gif

Same here. Any weather bogs me down, no matter how it's generated.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I don't get complaints from anyone until it's dynamic weather related... no matter how much overcast I put up there. Rain did create some problems for some folks- especially the chopper guys. I generally stay away from it because if you choose rain... it's not "rain here or there" it's rain across the entire virtual universe. So in exchange I do low clouds with 8-9 density- but now that I think about it I don't think I've ever done 10 level.

Hmmmm.

"ENO"

Riders ot Storm may be at 10 -- it's a regular weather mission. It may be at 9, but with those highest settings you get your lightening bolts and thunder, yes sir.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.