[photos] Weathered A-10C in progress

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my work, but thanks :D

Ryan Barnes is doing this awesome skin, I am only helping him get it into the sim and testing it for him since he does not have DCS fully functioning just yet.

Edited by Mike Busutil

The planes I'm going off of were at an air show here in town and were very dirty. Actually more dirty than what I'm modeling. I took about 100 reference photos of them. The one you posted is too clean for my liking, it looks like a girl jet :)

The best weathered A-10C skins for download HERE

Ryan's Weathered skin is a fictional Marine Corps A-10C that has been recovered from the Davis Monthan boneyard and converted for U.S Marines.

Here is a work in progress screenshot of the tail. Notice the old two letter base code and numbers were removed but are still slightly visible.

What do you think?

Fh0Om44.jpg

bRLuR14.jpg

Semper Fi... great job! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

WOW it's WONDERFUL !!!!!

I really love your idea about the tail, it's perfect !!!

Your last screenshots are awesome, when I look these last screens I have the sentation to watch one real A-10C.

I have just one little question, all the camels that you have add, is it possible to make one version with and one version without the camels because these marks are strange for me, is it real ?

Once again you are a real artist, with the awesome pit of Ricardo and your repaint this A-10C is a real master-piece.

Please do you know when your repaint will be available to release ?

Thanks again and congratulation for this awesome work !!!!

The camels are a little joke really. It is a nod to the days of WW2 but with a Desert Storm/Gulf War theme.

The fighter aces of WW2 would mark their kills on their planes. This pilot did the same thing but instead of painting enemy tanks he used camels instead. It's something I can imagine a Marine pilot doing, since I'm a Marine and I think like that :)

1657d1299757674t-world-war-2-aircraft-tallies-killsjohnson_151.jpg

article-2137263-12D73106000005DC-815_964x1050.jpg

Haha, looks kind of weird to have several Nazi flags on the side of the plane. That photo looks waaaay more Nazi than what it really represents.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hello guys,

I well understand your explanations but for me (it's just my idea) but I'm not a great fan of these camels...

Here one photo with a dirt A-10C and there's no trophy paint:

6013734354_1b6bd0cf79_b.jpg

If I decide to make the skin for purchase, I can modify elements before sending out the files. I haven't decided yet to the extent of which I will customize each skin for individuals, my first priority is getting it the way I want mine to look. Once I feel the skin is complete I will likely offer it in several versions, one being just the weathering mod so you can add your own unit logos.

Ryan please oh please can you put the grey color on the airbrakes because it's more real...

I found a real plane with camels, just to prove a point....

Yes you have right about the camels ^^

Bye, Skull.

Hello Ryan,

WOW these last screenshots are very incredible, with the Ricardo cockpit we have the MUST of simulation !!!!

Do you know when your skin will be available to release ?

Always in WIP ?

Thanks again, Skull.

I don't have a release date yet. I can't say when, just when I'm happy with it. There are lots of small details like paint chips and things most people don't see at first glance that I have to be satisfied with before I release it.