DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

- AV8B profile seems ok now, only thing is that i have to delete the cfg from saved games folder and reimport it everytime because of redded out items

suffering with that too, not sure whats going on with it, so annoying!

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

- AV8B profile seems ok now, only thing is that i have to delete the cfg from saved games folder and reimport it everytime because of redded out items

suffering with that too, not sure whats going on with it, so annoying!

I don’t think that’s a TARGET issue as I’ve seen it show up with the default controller mapping’s as well. Hopefully ED/RAZBAM will get to the bottom of it.

I don’t think that’s a TARGET issue as I’ve seen it show up with the default controller mapping’s as well. Hopefully ED/RAZBAM will get to the bottom of it.

Hi

probably i have found what is really the issue.....

Trying every profile i noticed something really strange.....i was having major problems with all profile in which the aircraft has afterburner...so reviewing the profiles source code i saw that you have a variable that is set for afterburner capable aircraft and i modified the code in dcs_init.tmc (for mirage 2000) and in dcs_FC3.tmc (for su27/33 etc) in order to force the profile to consider these planes as if were not AB capable....i am not a programmer, but i can read and modify some code :)

Then i loaded DCS, and all the axis problems that i reported before were gone....

So digging more i discovered that for ab capable aircraft you made a custom axis mapping.....

Could you look into that to see if problems can be solved at the root of it?After all maybe are not the LEDS causing the issues...or not only the LEDS

Thanks again for your support

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi

probably i have found what is really the issue.....

Trying every profile i noticed something really strange.....i was having major problems with all profile in which the aircraft has afterburner...so reviewing the profiles source code i saw that you have a variable that is set for afterburner capable aircraft and i modified the code in dcs_init.tmc (for mirage 2000) and in dcs_FC3.tmc (for su27/33 etc) in order to force the profile to consider these planes as if were not AB capable....i am not a programmer, but i can read and modify some code :)

Then i loaded DCS, and all the axis problems that i reported before were gone....

So digging more i discovered that for ab capable aircraft you made a custom axis mapping.....

Could you look into that to see if problems can be solved at the root of it?After all maybe are not the LEDS causing the issues...or not only the LEDS

Thanks again for your support

You might be onto something here!

I do adjust the throttle axes for afterburning and non-afterburning aircraft using the Warthog throttle, but only if the afterburner detent is installed.

If you want to test this further, revert the AB_Capable values to 1. Then go into the CTS Values menu, select the Throttle Options - Warthog category, then set Warthog Afterburner Detent Installed to 0. This should have the same effect as making all aircraft use the full range of throttle motion (as opposed to matching the throttle type to the detent position). Unfortunately, I have no way to test this (or fortunately I guess, as I am still running Windows 7 for my gaming rig :smilewink: ).

Edited by Home Fries

I already have It this way.....

Maybe there is some bug that ignores the values?4cb2587a5748914531ca545ebc2e6f4c.jpg

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Hello, it's me again. I found something really strange about Gun Arm in Mirage 2000C. When clicking on the switch with the mouse in the cockpit, the switch works as intended: UP stands for guns armed, while down stands for guns safe. When using the assigned switch on the HOTAS, instead, the switch moves correctly up and down in the cockpit, but even when safe the guns are still fired pressing the trigger on the joystick. I wonder if this is something related to the profile or a bug of the Mirage 2000C itself...

Hi Home Fries.

First of all many thanks for your work. I fly with VR and the Warthog and find your commstate HOTAS shortcut as well as your consistent approach across modules very useful when you cannot see the keyboard!

Since 2.5 I have a problem with comms on the F5. I have studied your discussion with Lorthirk but I have a feeling my problem is different.

Whenever gear state is up (GSU), the comms switch (PTT down on the WH throttle) does nothing. When I go into the key assignments screens, I notice that two events are triggered, one is the DX20 button (on the virtual thrustmaster) and then immediately afterwards the keyboard command is also triggered (the ""). I presume this negates the comms menu and effectively nothing happens. I have tried removing the assignment on either side to see what happens but nothing changes. The only way to make the comms menu to appear is to switch to GSD and press the S3 button.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, thanks. I'll take a look. No promises when (I'm slammed for the next few weeks), but I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks....i can wait expecially now that i found a workaround :)

Anyway can i suggest some modifications to the AV8 Profile?

I know that here there is a lot of personal preference involved...but discussion cannot harm :D

Anyway, here is my proposal (maybe could be added as CTS GUI options?I could help if you wish):

- Map Sensor Select Switch to the Stick CMS Switch (to have 5 way switch like in the real thing):

- Map A/A Mode Boresight/Seam - Cannon - ACP Up/Down to the TMS switch (here the real harrier stick has a 3 way switch but the ACP addition is a very welcomed one)

- Map some MFD buttons relative to TPOD operations to the Warthog DMS switch in order to facilitate operations like TPOD Zoom/Lasing etc...i tought about DMS switch becouse would be more similar to the way the A10 DMS switch works with the Ligheting POD (like DMS UP/DOWN for zooming the POD), and i and many people that bought the Harrier are very familiar with the Warthog HOTAS configuration.

As i (and think most people here) have TrackIr/VR solutions i guess that SNAP views are not used that much, so they could be moved to the DMS switched mode.

- Then a more generic feature request (not tied to the AV8B only), i have also the Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals (the usb one not the older that could be only connected to the cougar), could you please add an option for its users to add also its 3 axes to the thrustmaster combined device?

Just my two cents here and trust me i will understand if you would prefer to stick the configuration to your preferences and needs, as you after all are the coder who is making all this work....so again mine are not complains..just feedback

Thanks for everything

Edited by VirusAM

Hey guys just setup the CTS Gui.. I can run profiles fine but curious how to use the MFD to change profile? I have all my planes mapped but When i hold down shift S3 and hit a button on MFD(for 2 seconds) it doesnt do anything. Is this working with 2.5?

Edited by maestro72x

Hey guys just setup the CTS Gui.. I can run profiles fine but curious how to use the MFD to change profile? I have all my planes mapped but When i hold down shift S3 and hit a button on MFD(for 2 seconds) it doesnt do anything. Is this working with 2.5?
You have to press s3+losb1

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Home Fries.

First of all many thanks for your work. I fly with VR and the Warthog and find your commstate HOTAS shortcut as well as your consistent approach across modules very useful when you cannot see the keyboard!

Since 2.5 I have a problem with comms on the F5. I have studied your discussion with Lorthirk but I have a feeling my problem is different.

Whenever gear state is up (GSU), the comms switch (PTT down on the WH throttle) does nothing. When I go into the key assignments screens, I notice that two events are triggered, one is the DX20 button (on the virtual thrustmaster) and then immediately afterwards the keyboard command is also triggered (the ""). I presume this negates the comms menu and effectively nothing happens. I have tried removing the assignment on either side to see what happens but nothing changes. The only way to make the comms menu to appear is to switch to GSD and press the S3 button.

Am I doing something wrong?

OK, I think I found the problem. With 2.5 and Easy Comms disabled, I had to remap the DX20 and the other keys to "UHF Mic press" and not the default "Comms Menu". Seems to be ok now.

Anyway can i suggest some modifications to the AV8 Profile?

I know that here there is a lot of personal preference involved...but discussion cannot harm :D

I completely concur, and I welcome discussion.

- Map Sensor Select Switch to the Stick CMS Switch (to have 5 way switch like in the real thing):

- Map A/A Mode Boresight/Seam - Cannon - ACP Up/Down to the TMS switch (here the real harrier stick has a 3 way switch but the ACP addition is a very welcomed one)

I thought long and hard about this one when I was starting the profile, but I went with the existing mapping for the following reasons:

1. The HOTAS Cougar doesn't have a Z axis on the CMS, so this would be an inconvenience for them. Mapping 2 sets of hats for Cougar/Warthog would be too difficult with the ACP controls (which are dynamically mapped by subroutine).
  2. You don't need to use SSw Down very much, so the shifted state isn't that inconvenient.
  3. I also thought about the CTS option like you mentioned, but then saw the F/A-18 mapping which uses all 4 CMS directions as well as the Z push. I decided that future-proofing the map to the Hornet (which uses the same stick) was a better way to go.

- Map some MFD buttons relative to TPOD operations to the Warthog DMS switch in order to facilitate operations like TPOD Zoom/Lasing etc...i tought about DMS switch becouse would be more similar to the way the A10 DMS switch works with the Ligheting POD (like DMS UP/DOWN for zooming the POD), and i and many people that bought the Harrier are very familiar with the Warthog HOTAS configuration.

As i (and think most people here) have TrackIr/VR solutions i guess that SNAP views are not used that much, so they could be moved to the DMS switched mode.

Point taken that SnapViews aren't as useful in VR as they are elsewhere. However, they are still useful with TrackIR in that you can go to the SnapView and not worry about keeping your head perfectly still while moving your mouse. Additionally, the Direct Entry SnapView is quite useful, although not as important in the Harrier as in some of the other aircraft (like the CDU view in the A-10C).

For the TPOD functions, right now they only work through the MFD and there are no shortcuts beyond the OSBs themselves. Perhaps if there are functions in the future that allow this manipulation, I could add them to the HOTAS. For now, though, we're stuck with the MFDs as in the real bird.

I may consider alternate functions for VR users, though I will require suggestions as I am still using TrackIR.

- Then a more generic feature request (not tied to the AV8B only), i have also the Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals (the usb one not the older that could be only connected to the cougar), could you please add an option for its users to add also its 3 axes to the thrustmaster combined device?

I have deliberately left off the TFRP because Windows only allows 8 axes and 32 buttons for a single virtual controller. Forcing the TFRP to be a separate controller means that you can use the rudder axis and toe brakes without having to sacrifice any other axes on your Cougar or Warthog HOTAS.

Just my two cents....so again mine are not complains..just feedback

Your comments are graciously accepted in their intended manner. :thumbup:

Edited by Home Fries

OK, I think I found the problem. With 2.5 and Easy Comms disabled, I had to remap the DX20 and the other keys to "UHF Mic press" and not the default "Comms Menu". Seems to be ok now.

Glad to hear it. I'll look into this for the next version.

Tried out a few of the planes and works great however when I try to use it on the a10c the coolie hat is showing up as DMS? not sure why? Something is off with my HOTAS throttle.

I am so busy at work the only thing I can say is that I'll look into it sometime in the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can help me by providing some information and making sure you have everything set up properly. Apologies if I seem like I am making statements to the obvious or implying that you should RTFM; neither is my intention.

The setup is complicated and requires a lot of preliminary steps. It's just the nature of the integrated beast. Be sure to go through the Setup Guide (the PDF that can be launched from within CTS or via your Start Menu shortcuts) and perform all necessary steps. This is everything from the hardware setup in CTS to making sure you have the diff.luas imported for both keyboard and selected HOTAS.

Next, I need to know your hardware and the variable settings. For example, if you have a TM Warthog HOTAS, I need to know this and I also need to know that Warthog Joystick and Warthog Throttle are set to 1 and TM/Gameport Rudder Pedals is set to 0 in CTS. I also need to know your settings for Head Tracking Hardware (and whether you are using VR) and whether Padlock View Enabled is set.

There are a few other things to test:

1. Do you get this issue if you start the A-10C profile as the script's default profile in CTS?
  2. Does this issue occur when you select the profile using the MFD presets?
  3. Does this occur when selecting the aircraft using the MFD rocker switches with the Boat Switch in the center position?

Honestly, I don't expect any differences between 2 and 3, but if you notice a difference between 1 and 2/3 that is huge for troubleshooting.

Best,

HF

Yes I followed the directions to the best I deciphered.

I have the keyboard mappings loaded in dcs

chose my modules. Its like my throttle doesnt have its correct mappings

(btw I use target a lot so this was awesome to find)

I have loaded the diff.lua and selected (tried wh & whc) (not sure what the c is for?)

I have went through the values to make sure my warthog is chosen and trackir.

Just seems like my Warthog throttle is programmed wrong when running a profile. It is not sending signals that are from the throttle but from the joystick. It works fine w/o running your app or when i run target software with my own profiles.

choose my values, build the script then load he diff.lua in game..

my throttle is acting like my joystick, odd.

Warthog joystick is 1

Warthog throttle is 1

There are a few other things to test:

Do you get this issue if you start the A-10C profile as the script's default profile in CTS?

--No

Does this issue occur when you select the profile using the MFD presets?

--Acts same way

Does this occur when selecting the aircraft using the MFD rocker switches with the Boat Switch in the center position?

--Yes

EDIT! !

I just edited the values

Wharthog Throttle Default 1 Value 0

Now my warthog throttle is working! but its not part of your profile :(

Edited by maestro72x

Screen_180209_151710.png

Here is a screen shot,

warthog throttle/joystick are value 1

Built Script and executed script (settings a10c starting profile)

WHen i load up My TARGET A10C wh v150.diff.lua

and move HOTAS Coolie Switch right

HOTAS DMS Right is chosen... (dms also works on joystick as it should)

Why is my coolie hat listed as "JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN18.." etc?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm7lzqz0re2p8sc/Screen_180209_151710.png

Edited by maestro72x

I cannot get shifted commands working with 2.5 L-39C with warthog, S3+combinations do nothing, is it a problem with 2.5 version or am I doing something wrong? All other commands are working, the shifted ones do simply not. Thank you very much for an answer.

Screen_180209_151710.png

Why is my coolie hat listed as "JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN18.." etc?

I cannot get shifted commands working with 2.5 L-39C with warthog, S3+combinations do nothing, is it a problem with 2.5 version or am I doing something wrong? All other commands are working, the shifted ones do simply not. Thank you very much for an answer.

It looks like you don't have the modifiers set for each aircraft. For each module you have, you need to set JOY_BTN30, JOY_BTN31 and JOY_BTN32 as modifiers. This should remove the red rows and allow you to use shifted (modified) commands.

@maestro, it looks like you may actually be using the diff.lua for the Cougar and not the Warthog.

Edited by Home Fries

It looks like you don't have the modifiers set for each aircraft. For each module you have, you need to set JOY_BTN30, JOY_BTN31 and JOY_BTN32 as modifiers. This should remove the red rows and allow you to use shifted (modified) commands.

@maestro, it looks like you may actually be using the diff.lua for the Cougar and not the Warthog.

Home Fries: this is it, I somehow missed that you need to define modifiers as well within DCS. Thank you very much.

Ohh thats it! the modifiers.. missed that section :(

Thanks for the help! working now!

One quick question tho..

What is whc.diff.lua?

not sure what the c is for and cant find it in manual.

Also a few keys still dont seem to be working or mapped. (eac Rdr autopilot toggle keys)

also china hat aft

Autopilot LAAP Path/Alt/heading Alt dont seem to be mapped on diff.lua file.

Edited by maestro72x

One quick question tho..

What is whc.diff.lua?

not sure what the c is for and cant find it in manual.

WHC is for the Warthog and Cougar combined, and use Toe Brakes with the Cougar Rudder. This is a deprecated feature, as if you have both you're better off leaving the Cougar out of the profile and mapping the rudder and toe brakes as a separate axis. I left them in for backward compatibility. The explanation is in the Setup Guide. I will update it to include a footnote about WHC.

Also a few keys still dont seem to be working or mapped. (eac Rdr autopilot toggle keys)

also china hat aft

Autopilot LAAP Path/Alt/heading Alt dont seem to be mapped on diff.lua file.

I won't have an opportunity to test for another week, but off the top of my head I mapped those to keystrokes so you won't see them in the HOTAS column.

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries,

First off let me express my huge amount of respect and admiration for all the work that has gone into your utility. The documentation alone is truly exceptional. I've had my Warthog since last year and only recently started doing my own programming but what you have accomplished is amazing.

Now, I have mostly been using it with the KA-50 which I have been flying much more with the release of 2.5 and I have run into a slight issue. Using the S3 key as the "shift" key is a bit cumbersome and in all my homemade profiles I have instead used the S4 paddle as my primary modifier.

Would it be possible to give us the ability to switch the shift key from S3 to S4 for the Ka-50 profile? Perhaps make that an option in the Settings panel?

If not, how hard would this be to hand edit myself? Could it be as easy as searching the existing script and replacing all instances of "S3" with S4 and vice versa?

Another issue I have noticed is purely cosmetic but for some functions the button position on the throttle doesn't seem to mimic what it is on screen or in your overlay guide. What I mean is that some buttons seem upside down from what they show on screen. Click the switch down shows the opposite function (switching up) in game. I have noticed this on a couple of switches. I have tried this with both the in game "Sync controls to HOTAS at startup" setting enabled and disabled and it didn't seem to matter.

I first noticed this with the burst selector switch. Pushing the switch down doesn't make it flip down in game. All three settings are possible but the switch in the game doesn't match the position on the controller (ex: to get the middle position I have to push the switch down, leaving it in the middle shows the top position in game and clicking it up moves the switch to bottom setting). Im going from memory here so I may have gotten the order wrong. I will check ingame and list exactly what I am seeing.

A minor issue and may be on purpose because of how those switches work but just something I noticed. I'm away from my HOTAS this morning but when I get home I can send you the details on which switches I have noticed seem out of sync.

Again, none of this is meant as a complaint. What you have done with TARGET is stunning and I am a huge admirer of your work. So much so that I just placed an order for a set of the Thrustmaster MFD's even though I primarily play in VR.

Thanks again for your time!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt_BFC

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64