DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

By the way, I tried running a script provided by the TARGET software: just like this profile, when it launches the Cougar Joystick initially disappears from the list of USB controllers then reappears together with the Thrustmaster Combined Virtual Controller...

Do you have teamspeak opened?

When i have teamspeak opened before target script launched i have the same issue (but i have warthog not cougar) ... anyway TARGET software have some issue with Windows 10 and sometimes that happens...you can anyway clear all assignments for cougar in the control menu in DCS and that should solve conflicts

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi flyingflatfour,

Are you using the CTS Program to run the profile or Target?? IF you are using Target that is part of the problem you need to use CTS to setup the profile and too run the profile..

You may have a couple of other things misconfigured but I think the CTS is your main problem..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Version 2.13 is now available. This is the last version that will be compatible with both 2.5.0 and 1.5.8. From here, 2.13 will be available as a legacy install for 1.5.8 users, and CTS 2.20 will begin support for DCS 2.5.2 and later.

And yes, CTS 2.20 will include a Hornet profile. It will be a basic one to begin with (just something to map the HOTAS and MFDs) with features to follow.

Change log:

Fixed Keyboard/DirectX Push-to-Talk hot-selection

Added high contrast MFD inserts for Mi-8 and MiG-15

Fixed VAICOM support for FC3 aircraft

AV-8B: Added Jammer knob assignments to keyboard commands (requires AV-8B Controller LUA Improvements mod to be enabled)

Fixed /I/O assignment for S1 with Warthog

M-2000C: Mapped Decoy Program Selection to S3+H4L/R. Moved Barometric Altimeter to S3+LCON or LCON Long

Fixed issue with Vent Selection Switch not working

Can TARGET control the Thrustmaster gearshift lever? I had the idea of using it as a landing gear lever and if TARGET can control it, it would be possible to integrate it into your landing gear position logic that's used with the china hat switch.

Can TARGET control the Thrustmaster gearshift lever? I had the idea of using it as a landing gear lever and if TARGET can control it, it would be possible to integrate it into your landing gear position logic that's used with the china hat switch.
I don't think so... unfortunately only hotas warthog, cougar, mfds, t16000,t16000m, Throttle ans rudder pedals can be controlled by target

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

• 2 weeks later...

CTS 2.20 is now available for DCS 2.5.2 OpenBeta users. It adds the F/A-18C, as well as the J-11A for FC3 and the SA342 Minigun variant.

I normally only release to the stable version, but I made an exception in this case due to both the demand for a Hornet profile and because the legacy version of CTS (for DCS 1.5.8) is still fully compatible with DCS 2.5.0. If you wish to use CTS for both DCS 2.5.0 and 2.5.2, be sure to install the CTS Legacy version as well as CTS to have dual compatibility. If you need to install the CTS Legacy version, simply re-download the installer and follow the prompts. Your settings will still carry over.

Also, with this release comes a new public bug tracker. You can see the status of bugs, and even if you don't have a free Trello account you can still email bug reports and feature requests. The HTML documentation describes how.

2.20 Hotfix 2 is up. The update is transparent (and only affects a few people), but I've also improved some of the HOTAS Warthog JPGs to include LED functionality.

Note: the content of Hotfix 2 has also been released to CTS Legacy as well.

Hi! Thank you for your awesome work! Just a question, I have sort of a homebuilt mini pit. Just added another Cougar MFD (3rd) to it last week. Now my problem is that the right MFD and the center MFD (Hornet) are switched. Can I edit their order within CTS somehow, or should I just go into DCS controls and fix the OSB mappings?

Just another airhead :megalol:

Good work homefries....your profile mapping (speaking of hotas commands as i am not able of doing advanced programming) is similar to what i mapped...just a couple of things..

why for mic switch did you map comm1 and comm2 left/right instead of uo/down like in the real jet? and the mids are not mapped yet as well?

Thanks

Edited by VirusAM

Hi! Thank you for your awesome work! Just a question, I have sort of a homebuilt mini pit. Just added another Cougar MFD (3rd) to it last week. Now my problem is that the right MFD and the center MFD (Hornet) are switched. Can I edit their order within CTS somehow, or should I just go into DCS controls and fix the OSB mappings?

TARGET only programs the first two MFDs, so you will need to set the desired MFD as the third MFD within Windows. I think there's a way to do that within joy.cpl (just select the start menu -> run, then type joy.cpl). Then you can use the 3rd MFD as a separate controller (though I have included a mapping for it).

Good work homefries....your profile mapping (speaking of hotas commands as i am not able of doing advanced programming) is similar to what i mapped...just a couple of things..

why for mic switch did you map comm1 and comm2 left/right instead of uo/down like in the real jet? and the mids are not mapped yet as well?

Thanks

A lot depends on whether you have SRS and/or VAICOM enabled in the profile, but the nature of DCS (Teamspeak comms, SRS/VAICOM, and comm menu/Function key interaction) means that you need more buttons and it's difficult or unwieldy to share functions with the same button. In this case, up is for TS3/Vox, down is for AI Comms, which leaves L/R for SRS/VAICOM (and depending on settings can also double as AI Comms). This routine exists across all aircraft profiles with two radios.

Hello,

I am new guy. When I run script, I got below error.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Symbol not found: Eng_Start_FC3 in DCS_World.tmc at line 144

Hi,

It seems that Windows in the Asian Language(Double-Byte Character Set) is not supported.

If you are using Windows 10 you can change the language to English.

You can also emulate languages with Locale Emulator.

It work for me.

http://pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/

Thanks

Hi,

It seems that Windows in the Asian Language(Double-Byte Character Set) is not supported.

If you are using Windows 10 you can change the language to English.

You can also emulate languages with Locale Emulator.

It work for me.

http://pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/

Thanks

Hi karin0,

Thanks for your help.

What you mentioned should be root cause. I use win10 Chinese version. I will try Locale Emulator.

I'm unable to duplicate the error, so I need some more information:

1) What TM hardware do you have?

2) What are your settings on the Hardware Configuration category in CTS?

3) For the FC3/Su-25T values, what do you have Cougar: Interval between engine starts (RuF/F-15C) set to?

4) What is your default aircraft?

You might also try rebuilding the script. Any code errors in the script should likely be on line 5xx (which is where the actual code is).

Hi Home Fries,

I have reproduced this issue.

Use Chinese language Win10 and build script. All variables are located end(See Chinese-dcsworld.txt). This will cause compile error at line 144.

Then use Locale Emulator to change language to English. All is OK.

Hope you could fix it.:thumbup:

Chinese-dcsworld.txt

Hi Fries,

When I run F15C profile, I found my WH could not use disp zoom in/out. Could you please help me?

Thanks.

[ATTACH]189182[/ATTACH]

Find root cause: I have no MFD:(

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSU, CHAIN(DX31,D(ModDelay),DX22), FC3_H3UDO); //Radar Elev /I Zoom Display

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSD, CHAIN(DX31,D(ModDelay),DX21), FC3_H3DDO);

I Changed to:

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSU, DisplayZoom_In, FC3_H3UDO); //Radar Elev /I Zoom Display

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSD, DisplayZoom_Out, FC3_H3DDO);

Hello all, I am struggling with the mfd's in the F5E Profile, seems to be good in the AV8, but the F5.

Setup - Warthog Hotas, 2 X Couger MFD, Win 10 Fully upto date.

All Hotas function seem right, but MFD's seem to be functioning incorrectly.

(ie not all)

The buttons seem to be linked to standard HOTAS buttons, ie fire pickle etc, not what I nee ie drag chute etc

Hi, thanks for your hard work on such a great program, I have a question and I'm not sure if this has been answered previously so here goes:

I use the Warthog 'stick, throttle and pedals, while the first two work I cannot use the pedals as they seem to be mapped to "Throttle up/down." How can the Thrustmaster pedals be remapped to rudder and elevator control please?

Thanks.

Find root cause: I have no MFD:(

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSU, CHAIN(DX31,D(ModDelay),DX22), FC3_H3UDO); //Radar Elev /I Zoom Display

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSD, CHAIN(DX31,D(ModDelay),DX21), FC3_H3DDO);

I Changed to:

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSU, DisplayZoom_In, FC3_H3UDO); //Radar Elev /I Zoom Display

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSD, DisplayZoom_Out, FC3_H3DDO);

Oops, that one's on me! :doh:

The DX chain command simulates the MFD buttons, or at least what used to be the MFD buttons. I remapped the MFD rocker switches to keystrokes once I integrated VAICOM/SRS into the script, and I neglected to change the CSU/D mapping.

I'll make that happen in the next patch, and update it for the legacy build as well.

Hello all, I am struggling with the mfd's in the F5E Profile, seems to be good in the AV8, but the F5.

Setup - Warthog Hotas, 2 X Couger MFD, Win 10 Fully upto date.

All Hotas function seem right, but MFD's seem to be functioning incorrectly.

(ie not all)

The buttons seem to be linked to standard HOTAS buttons, ie fire pickle etc, not what I nee ie drag chute etc

make sure you have Joy_Btn31 and Joy_Btn32 set as modifiers for the F-5 (in addition to Joy_Btn30).

Hi, thanks for your hard work on such a great program, I have a question and I'm not sure if this has been answered previously so here goes:

I use the Warthog 'stick, throttle and pedals, while the first two work I cannot use the pedals as they seem to be mapped to "Throttle up/down." How can the Thrustmaster pedals be remapped to rudder and elevator control please?

Thanks.

Assuming you're referring to TFRPs that are an independent controller, you need to map those within the DCS Options menu. The TFRPs are deliberately excluded from the profile to allow full use of the toe brake axes.

Assuming you're referring to TFRPs that are an independent controller, you need to map those within the DCS Options menu. The TFRPs are deliberately excluded from the profile to allow full use of the toe brake axes.

Understood, thank you very much.