RIP Paul Walker

KillarZ

Because that would not fit the legal definition of murder, at least in most of the US.

Yes, I know it wouldn't, and not only in the U.S. I just don't fully get the logic behind it. Deliberately using a car against somebody equals using a lethal weapon, which is right. And you cannot fire several shots into bunch of random people and then apologize that you haven't aimed for anyone. Yet you can drive car like an idiot in a crowded street, and get away just with speeding ticket if you're lucky.

Guess what? We are ALL going to die...

And therefore, we don't need to worry about our lives in the least... And, more to it, about the lives of others who have nothing to do with us.

Their opinions are of ZERO value to me.
No offense, but value of your arguments seem about the same to me...

I know my abilities and have managed to live until my forties and will live probably much longer...
At least you're sure about that...

I won't tolerate my life being restricted due to the fears of others getting in the way.
Yeah, that's the spirit!!! Unless you are the poor bastard who gets in the way.

But don't violate my ability to LIVE my life due to your fear of losing yours.
Then please live your life on some remote island or so, so nobody else gets hurt, and nobody will have to worry when one of your suicide attempts finally succeeds.

Some people just don't need to do such things, and yet they can live a life as much as fulfilled as yours, if not more. If you need to flirt with death to feel purposeful, it's fine. I'm not judging anyone. You know the risks and you make your decisions. But as long as other people can get involved in your game against their will, it's no longer about enjoyment, it's about responsibility.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe some of those innocent bystanders just tried to live their lives, when suddenly someone whose life wasn't exciting enough dashed in and ended theirs.

Now back on topic, can we just agree that it is very sad that a young man's life was lost in a tragic accident and leave it at that?
Well, at least something I can agree upon.
Edited by Rotorhead

I'm sure he'd rather have lived another 40 years but he did say "If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling.". The fact that a lot of people, me included, never heard of his charitable work before his death says a lot about the man. Unlike a lot of celebs who bring their own film crew to film them giving. He was a cool cat.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

• ED Team

I wonder if he said that quote before he had a daughter?

I'm sure he'd rather have lived another 40 years but he did say "If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling.". The fact that a lot of people, me included, never heard of his charitable work before his death says a lot about the man. Unlike a lot of celebs who bring their own film crew to film them giving. He was a cool cat.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

^^^^

Might want to take that sig line to heart!

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Good Riddance, lol

I'm sorry man but that was just disrespectful and rude. If you didn't like the man keep it to yourself but your comment was not funny or called for.

^^^^

Might want to take that sig line to heart!

I agree. Take that signature off if you aren't going to practice what you preach and instead be a hypocrite

I wonder if he said that quote before he had a daughter?

I wonder if he said that quote at all. Does anybody have the source?

RIP to both of them.

True that. I apologize for not mentioning him but the other guy was Roger Rodas who is a racing partner with Paul Walker. RIP to him too. I also pray for him and his family

Of course it's called for. What is this, a competition to compose the most heartfelt eulogy? He had nothing to do with sims, just low-IQ pop culture.

Interesting. You seem to consider yourself above those who fancy his work, yet you are willing to stoop low enough to post a needlessly crass comment about him.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I didn't care for the movies the man made and I don't quite understand the "respect" he has garnered for said work which is why I haven't contributed to this thread so far..

But FCS he was a human being with family that loved him, poor show if you can't respect that:disgust:

Its called trolling, and we shouldnt feed him ;)

Exactly!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Focus on the topic. If you didn't like the guy, at least have the decency not to dance on his grave.

Any further attempts at derailing this thread will be met with permanent warnings.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thank you Sobek.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

RIP :cry:

Not much left from that car, the speed limit there is 45mph...

131130234701-paul-walker-crash-story-top.jpg

speed limits are in place for this very reason to reduce death on the road, also lets not forget endangering other road users, judging by that picture he was traveling way beyond speed limit.

Edited by diveplane

Cold World. Not to say that death from the thousands of other people in the world that die everyday isn't a tragedy and don't deserve attention but I posted this thread because I felt the man deserved some respect. I personally have respect for him because he was a car enthusiast on and off the screen and he really didn't seem to have a "fake personality" even though he was making as much as he was. He was a very humble and respectful actor. Did I meet the man personally? No. But that is just my take on him. Also the man has done several charity events and he died on his way to one which I personally didn't know and I'm sure many others until he died. If he isn't a respected actor than who is?

About the speeding..

As I said I'm very interested in fast cars, especially exotics. These cars are built for speed and specifically porches are built to deliver a thrilling driving experience. Now does this make it right to drive it to it's limits on public roads? No, but who's to say a car enthusiast like Roger Rodas and Paul Walker aren't going to go for a little joy ride in that ultimate driving machine. Yes, it is dangerous for themselves and others but for them they were just doing it for the thrill of the ride. When driving like this you have to remain cautious, calm, in control and not get carried away into doing something outrageously stupid. The way that Porsche is smashed it is clear they were doing going stupidly fast because cars like that are built to withstand those types of collisions. In the end I'm not saying it is ok to race or drive like they are but I am saying that it is ok in certain environments and certain speeds where you still have control and enough reaction time to be fix yourself even in the worst of situations. Of course the best place for this is the track as it is what is meant for.

Also I haven't read any details about the crash today but, yesterday they said it seems that a second car may have been at the scene when they crashed.

You don't have to explain yourself KillarZ... I'm not trying to insult or attack you. It's just exactly what is happening on mass media now. Some actors death gets way more attention than thousands of people killed by someone else. I do not say he was a bad man or doesn't deserve respect. Any unnatural death is a tragedy. Just wanted to point out what a crazy world we live in. And if we do nothing our World is not going to change.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only the good die young

All the evil seems to live forever

Only the good die young

All the evil seems to live forever

Only the good die young

Only the good die young

Bruce Dickinson / Steve Harris

RIP Dude

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..