Nevada Updates

Speedbrake

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Underwhelming piece of crap? Compared to what?? D:

Anything that can fly a combat mission more than 400 miles away without being forced to tank twice or risk running out of gas.

Anything with a thrust-to-weight ratio greater than 0.9.

Anything that can drop more than four bombs without having to immediately turn around and go home.

Anything that has actually played a pivotal role in even a single conflict to have occurred in the past 20 years.

:]

Look, I understand that odds of getting an F-15E is extremely low. And I really don't want to see the Mazda Miata of the US Air Force, the F-16, be romanticized and over-glorified even more than it already is. So I secretly know that we're probably going to actually be getting an F/A-18.

But I do think that the C-model over the Superhornet is kind of stupid, and I've always hated that aircraft because it's so yawn-inducingly underwhelming at everything it has ever done. The only purpose the F/A-18 ever had was serving as an example for McDonnell Douglas to fix all the lackluster performance and flaws in the F/A-18 and make a far superior aircraft in every aspect by taking the already venerable and storied history of the F-15C and turning it into the most capable deep-strike multi-role tactical bomber the world's ever seen.

You're comparing an aircraft that isn't even rated past 7Gs to an aircraft that could strap a combat-loaded F/A-18C to its underside and carry it into battle. I will still buy DCS: F/A-18 and carrier ops should be fun (for a while at least... not really the deal-maker for me that some of you make it out to be), and yeah, it at least has some power, good speed, and performs radically different from an A-10. But I cannot imagine how anyone could possibly want the F/A-18C over even an F-16 (objectively speaking, let's pretend the F-16 hasn't been so widely popularized), when it's so completely inferior in every regard, to such a degree that the Navy literally settled for second-best by picking the YF-17 over the -16. The very reason the Superhornet even exists was to try to fix the legacy F/A-18s many shortcomings.

I guess most civilians are probably going to like a particular combat aircraft for more superficial reasons than practical one - they like the look, maybe they heard about it a lot as a kid, it was in a movie, etc - but of the four aircraft we could pick from - F-15E, F-16, F/A-18 Superhornet, and the F/A-18C, the -C is literally the worst one you could possibly chose from that list. So with that in mind, I'm honestly baffled by how excited people are getting over an aircraft that deserves to be hated. At least admit that based on purely logical reasons the legacy F/A-18 is a terrible, terrible aircraft.

Some people really like having roadblocks in their way, I can understand that challenges are what makes a game fun - but I really don't want to see my sim flying spent mostly on flying to and from the AO, and having a loiter time measured in just a handful of minutes. Taking off, flying over empty ocean, tanking, reaching the target and having only about fifteen minutes to find and prosecute targets with my scant handful of munitions, flying back, maybe tanking again and once more flying over empty ocean to land on a carrier just sounds like a lot of time spent not doing the combat aspect and would wear on me. Then again, I'm not one of these guys who likes to play FSX so I can fly FEDEX packages across the Atlantic.

Besides, the F/A-18 is ugly. Move the verts back thirty five feet so they're over the stabs where they belong and we'll talk.

Edited by Frostiken
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anything that can fly a combat mission more than 400 miles away without being forced to tank twice or risk running out of gas.

Anything with a thrust-to-weight ratio greater than 0.9.

Anything that can drop more than four bombs without having to immediately turn around and go home.

Anything that has actually played a pivotal role in even a single conflict to have occurred in the past 20 years.

:]

Look, I understand that odds of getting an F-15E is extremely low. And I really don't want to see the Mazda Miata of the US Air Force, the F-16, be romanticized and over-glorified even more than it already is. So I secretly know that we're probably going to actually be getting an F/A-18.

But I do think that the C-model over the Superhornet is kind of stupid, and I've always hated that aircraft because it's so yawn-inducingly underwhelming at everything it has ever done.

Also the F/A-18 is ugly. Move the verts back thirty five feet so they're over the stabs where they belong and we'll talk.

''you must give some reputation around before giving it back to Frostiken again....'' :doh:

Nice post, 100% agree with you :smartass::pilotfly:

• Like 1
Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Look, I understand that odds of getting an F-15E is extremely low.

There is nothing I would love more than an F-15E myself, but when it comes down to it, ANY fighter that ED makes with DCS style dedication is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see how they are going to redesign supersonic flight, sounds, afterburners, etc. etc. etc.

And with this new terrain, (which I think will make it possible for other terrain in the future to be added on) This is one of the most exciting things to hit my PC in YEARS.

Only thing I feel is lacking (and Nevada terrain can change this) is the ground detail. I'm curious to see how well X-Plane 10's attempt will be with their new terrain system. X-Plane%20screenshot_King%20Air%20B200_126.jpg

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

don't forget, Nellis will be the first new full terrain map the ED have ever released....so even if the idea of the location doesn't excite you, surely the fact that it is an opening move for a new branch of tech for the DCS world must

..if Nellis + area is successful, imagine what else might be in the pipeline...

:thumbup: Great Point!

Patrick

mini.gif

All I know is that Nevada will be amazing! I loved it in Beta and it probably wasn't even 50% completed.

Flying the A-10C over the desert just feels right. :pilotfly:

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

The DCS:Next discussion might be better placed over in this thread, please: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70457

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

yes. Please keep this Nevada related. I have a hard time enough with my squirrel getting him admit that he has a drinking problem..

• Like 1

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

yes. Please keep this Nevada related. I have a hard time enough with my squirrel getting him admit that he has a drinking problem..

I love that damn squirrel!

I love that damn squirrel!

you should seem my raccoon. He took steroids and got an opposite affect..

• Like 1

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I have a hard time enough with my squirrel getting him admit that he has a drinking problem..

I have the same problem with my ferrit...what a degenerate...

Mongoose.jpg

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Im sure if you really wanted to you could load the old beta2 Nevada manually. The wait is worth it

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

So you keep telling us. :noexpression:

;)

who says im not working on it right now? ;)

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Guys, does anyone know the approximate cost of the Nevada terrain for the idiots like myself who didn't pre-order. I definitely will next time. Also will it be available anywhere other than the DCS website?

Thanks.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing