New Hall Sensor kits

This Allegro models has low sensitivity, better use Allegro A1324 EUAT or Honeywell SS495A1.

Thank you!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

How can I know if a hall sensor is of low sensitivity? Can some one explain what unit or values should a non electric person consider. Also what parameters should a person look at for joystick purposes. I mean it would be better.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

mV/G

Examples of Allegro:

5,0 mV/G-----A1324-----(620-1432-ND) Digikey code

5,0 mV/G-----A1321-----(1521678 ) - Farnel code

3,125 mV/G--A1322-----(1457115)

2,5 mV/G-----A1301-----(1198085)

1,3mV/G------A1302-----(1791388 )

Honeywell

3,125 mV/G--SS495A1---- (480-3591-ND) - Digikey code

A low value will require more strong magnet and made trick define the magnet 0 position relative to sensor, or require more turn of magnet relative do sensor - difficult to achieve in joy/pedal, limited to around ~25+25º.

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

In my hall sensor mod I used A1302 and they work flawlessly. Im getting about 14bits true resolution (cougar upscales to 16bits), which is more than precision of your hands. Unless you're a terminator. I hope not.

You can see my post on page 20 of this thread.

• 1 month later...
I have recently got my hands on a 3D printer and decided to rush through the process of making some hall sensor mods. I don't see why Miles bothers with all that cnc shit when you can just get a piece of stripboard, solder some sensors real quick and 3D print some magnet/pcb mounts. Here are the pictures boys:

can you do a writeup on whats actually needed electronics wise?, looking to do this on my F22 USB conversion... i'm assuming if i get the right parts its just a case of aligning them at the base of the gimbal & printing a bracket

whats actually needed electronics wise?

Not special procedure in electronics is required, for Cougar the same 3 wires (+5V, Gnd, Signal) that came from controller for potentiometer will be used in HALL sensor 3 terminal (in order specified in HALL datasheet), this require solder tool (and ability to use then).

Other than this rest place the magnet in front HALL - the trick part - and do the calibration process as usual.

At least theoretically a very simple thing to do.

In F-22PRO additionally is need replace their gameport electronics with new USB controller (e.g. BU0836A DSD 12, Arduino MMjoy2, Easy Joy32 One...) - case you already don't did this.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 2 months later...

Miles:

I need to buy one of your pots replacement for my TM Throttle... Entire throttle works but for the throttle movement... got to be the cheap TM pots...

I have three sets of TM COUGARS... my main one is with your devices for the pots:<)

Roland

Sir: I have some play as well as the forward movement of the U2Nxt is short... any ideas how to resolve? I have Ian's instructional printout ... I believe I need to adjust the gimbals by lossening the screws (on the X and Y axis) with the allen wrench....then adjust the play and throw of the stick????

Any help would be appreciated.

Also... I remember one member here was building Ian's design by 3d printing? Any idea?

Roland

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch for the UHF/VHF on the TM Throttle?

Thanks in advance..

Roland

Guillemot

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello MilesD, I hope I am not late for a complete set for throttle, I've sent you a PM too with all the information.

Thanks in advance

My system: i7 9700K @ 3,6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM 2400 MHz, Gigabyte GTX 1080, 240 Gb SSD, Windows 10 64 bits, HOTAS Cougar, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5.0, Wheel Stand Pro v2, Gametrix JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, sorry for the late reply. As of now I am not making anymore kits. I would like to make them again but I don't want to fall into the "in 2 weeks" syndrome. I did design a much simpler hall sensor for the throttle that is a direct replacement for the stock potentiometer. Please don't plan on this though. If I start making parts again I will post on here. Sorry about this, its been great making these kits but it's just been physically difficult for me to work in my shop lately.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/03/10

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Miles sent an email to the address posted on you tube. Question is, does wear/play in the gimbals effect the sensors and if so do you have any fix or know of a solution to the problem?

Should have read the complete thread. Sorry to read that you are not making these anymore. Hope all is well, and if not, hope you have a speedy recovery

Edited by Falcon68th

Yes, if the gimbal has much play can affect the sensor readings due their high precision.

A small lateral movement on axis (play) could be not detect by potentiometer, but since make the magnet move is detected by HALL.

Ideally a gimbal for use HALL (and similar) sensor should use bearings in pivots.

Thank you for your response. Had a feeling that would be problem. The only HOTAS system I have used has been Cougar and that is more then a decade of playing flight sims. Disappointed that no hall sensor mods are available and now the confirmation of gimbal wear. BTW any idea if and where the pots are being sold or anyone else making mods?

Edited by Falcon68th

The more practical and affordable solution now is Debolestis 3DPrinted UberNXT "clone" gimbal with bearings + GVL224 contactless MagRes sensor (better to use than plain HALL sensor).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3100793&postcount=244

Or you can buy a Baur BRD-DS base and use your Cougar grip in that base, with Baur new electronic with contactless sensor - by Komarrof (digital mode) but will loose that Thrustmaster keymapper ability (press joys buttons to press keys).

Depend on your DIY skill can use Baur BRD-DS + GVL114 MagRes sensor (as work in analog mode) and continue use the Thrustmaster controller - not sure if fit inside Baur base - and so continue use their keymapper.

attachment.php?attachmentid=169681&d=1506252894

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3251540&postcount=32

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this AMS sensor is good - and affordable "HALL" alternative, has models with analog linear output what allow wire like pot.

http://ams.com/eng/Products/Magnetic-Position-Sensors

The site indicate the proper magnets.

Don't know if require specific code/programming like Melexis MLX-90333.

This guy use one AMS sensor in their "Trim Wheel" project.

http://robdobson.com/2017/04/flight-trim/

• 1 month later...