1:500000 printable DCS/FC2.0 Tactical Chart (WIP)

igormk

Hey, if you can learn a protractor, you can learn anything. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

In case you missed this thread, we are progressing on the evaluation of printing the map in volume:-

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51163

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Can we add some general airport information as well, to make it more of a sectional chart? tower frequencies, ground service frequencies, Runway lengths, lighting info, etc. would be nice. I could probably provide these if needed.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Haven't read this post in detail but it seems like nobody ask for ADF position and frequencies? Personally, that would be really useful!

BaD CrC, the NDBs are there from the beginning. Individual (let’s say) beacons are marked with position, name, frequency and call sign, while Instrumental Approach NDBs are just marked on the map, without any data, but in the left bottom corner of the map, there is a table with type, frequency and call sign. So if you want to find the info of let’s say outer NDB for runway 23L on Krasnodar-Pashkovsky airport, just look in the table.

The reason for this kind of approach is because I didn’t want to overload the map.

I was also thinking to add Morse Codes symbols for each NDB in the table.

The A10C has VOR and ILS systems, frequencies to those would be nice as well.

Yes, if we manage to get them. :)

Can we add some general airport information as well, to make it more of a sectional chart? tower frequencies, ground service frequencies, Runway lengths, lighting info, etc. would be nice. I could probably provide these if needed.

Pyroflash I absolutely support you with this idea, but I think it would overload the map with data.

Actually I was planning to make “Jeppesen-style” Airport Charts for the 16 airports we have in BS and FC2.0.

So, NOTHING fancy, just like IRL.

And yes, if you can provide additional information, like taxiway names, parking position numbers, etc. it would be great, and I think usefull.

These charts can then easily be printed on A5 size in B&W, and put in your kneeboard, together with your other check-lists.

Let’s think about this, but after the final version of the map is released.

Edited by igormk
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the map could be front & back. Front with the entire DCS/FC2 region and the back divided 16 times for all the airport charts in game??

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

So the map could be front & back. Front with the entire DCS/FC2 region and the back divided 16 times for all the airport charts in game??

Well, I see you point, but I think it would be easier for the user to have “small” (like A5) Airport Charts for each airport, then to have to flip 140x110cm map.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When full version (~16000x12000pixels) will be available for download? What are the paper dimensions? Larger then A0? If so - what are the necessary dimensions of paper to print it on 1 sheet? I have already found a company which will print the map for me and laminate. I just need it in properly scaled PDF format :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
When full version (~16000x12000pixels) will be available for download? What are the paper dimensions? Larger then A0? If so - what are the necessary dimensions of paper to print it on 1 sheet? I have already found a company which will print the map for me and laminate. I just need it in properly scaled PDF format :)

The dimensions are 1070mm x 1400mm, which is a non-industry size.

We are in discussions with map printing companies to discuss the optimum mix:

Lowest printing cost

Best format to reduce shipping costs (worlwide delivery of a rolled map in an oversize tube is very expensive).

Please wait until we have resolved these issues, and IGORMK has finished the map!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

, and IGORMK has finished the map!

Great news :thumbup:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Oh, I still have couple of things to do! ;)
Well, hurry up!! :smilewink:
  • Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My ploter printer is warmed up, just waiting on the max resolution possible before I print this up poster size, heck, might as well make it as a wallpaper for my wall, lol ;)

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Well, hurry up!! :smilewink:

My ploter printer is warmed up, just waiting on the max resolution possible before I print this up poster size, heck, might as well make it as a wallpaper for my wall, lol ;)

Patience, patience guys! :)

I’m intensively working on it. Now I’m redrawing all the roads since they are important visual reference and hardly visible when printed. You can just imagine how slow and boring process it is! I think that I’ve draw at least 40000km in last couple of days. :bored:

After that I’m thinking on redrawing power-lines and railroads, possibly bridges too.

Beside that I’m still waiting for confirmation of precision of the MGRS grid, and testing geodetic grid precision on many positions on the map.

Good news is that I’m on vacation from Monday so I will have plenty of time to “have fun” with redrawing and stuff like that. ;)

Still I’m very happy that your support for this project is HUGE so thank you all!!!

Salute!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Patience, patience guys! :)

I’m intensively working on it. Now I’m redrawing all the roads since they are important visual reference and hardly visible when printed. You can just imagine how slow and boring process it is! I think that I’ve draw at least 40000km in last couple of days. :bored:

After that I’m thinking on redrawing power-lines and railroads, possibly bridges too.

Beside that I’m still waiting for confirmation of precision of the MGRS grid, and testing geodetic grid precision on many positions on the map.

Good news is that I’m on vacation from Monday so I will have plenty of time to “have fun” with redrawing and stuff like that. ;)

Still I’m very happy that your support for this project is HUGE so thank you all!!!

Salute!

You're a better man than me, I'd have given up in a fit of throw keyboards and mice within minutes of starting such a project. I'll certainly buy a couple whatever the price given the work you've put into it. I'm glad there are people with your patience around to do such things.

Here's looking forward to the end result.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 2 weeks later...

Since there was a long time since my last update of how are the things with the map going, I want to give you few information regarding to the progress of the map.

When I printed a small segment of the map to see how it would look like, I discovered a problem because roads, bridges, power-lines and railroads were so thin that were hardly visible. Having in mind that they are important references I’ve decided to redraw them completely, and it took SOME of my time to do it. Maybe it looks easy, but let me just say that there are more than 1300 bridges on the map, and don’t even let me start talking about roads… so it was very time-consuming. Now it is finished, and I’m sending you a segment to see the result. As you can see, power lines and railroads have new symbology now.

In the mean time (while waiting for the confirmation of MGRS grid precision) I plan to add antennas (which I will have to search visually), add many more altitudes of peaks, and few more things in the legend, and of course, to make a cover for the folded map.

So if everything goes as planned, I hope that the map will be finished in max 2 weeks from now.

I’m sending you also low res picture of roads and bridges layer only. See, there are more of them than you can imagine!:D

Salute!

Sample:

1-1.jpg

Bridges:

Layer2-Bridges.jpg

Roads:

Layer4-Roads.jpg

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]