The state of Stability

Frostie

With all the releases of new aircraft (which is great by the way) the stability of online play is still a huge problem. Yes small numbers work great but the customers ED are attracting from the likes of IL-2 are used to enjoying large scale mp battles and are going to be pretty disappointed, a lot probably already are, when they see what the state of mp is in.

Not to mention a big portion of the current customer base since FC and A-10C have had this issue for years. This is gnawing away at the expansion potential of what is a great sim.

Is there a new net code WIP or is this going to be an ongoing fix?

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team
With all the releases of new aircraft (which is great by the way) the stability of online play is still a huge problem. Yes small numbers work great but the customers ED are attracting from the likes of IL-2 are used to enjoying large scale mp battles and are going to be pretty disappointed, a lot probably already are, when they see what the state of mp is in.

Not to mention a big portion of the current customer base since FC and A-10C have had this issue for years. This is gnawing away at the expansion potential of what is a great sim.

Well last we heard EDGE would bring dedicated server tools (timing unknown), I hope that might help some...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's always on-going, but I would expect greater strides after EDGE is released and tuned-up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Very good points, Frostie. I hope ED can get the necessary changes put into place before patrons of other sims make an attempt to move over DCS and get turned off and abandon it to return to their trusty home sim.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...

just to add a little fuel to the fire, ACG is watching DCS to see if/when the DCS multiplayer will support it's numbers. We fly IL2_Cliffs of Dover, and typically have 40+ pilots on campaign day, and several waves of AI bombers. With the Pony and the Dora already out, we await further developments (Spit, Tempest, 109k, etc). This is us: http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Flyby out

Edited by Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Are all servers CRAZY laggy right now ?

Does it have to do something with the new mini patch ?

104th was UNPLAYABLE.

This could be due to the server reaching max bandwidth capacity, players warp about all over the place but as soon as 1 or 2 leave the warping eases down - also when some a2g target areas get busy AI units start moving around and this in itself can lead to a big spike in bandwidth usage for short periods.

LOL Mustang.

Shake that booty, and roll down that hill!

Hollo Pointe has been running well since the v129 and CPU thermal problems cured. But HP typically hosts small groups.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Yeah I've seen the server be 50% open and the lag/warping is out of control. It's not just one server or the other, I've had it on multiple servers. Sometimes it runs fine, sometimes it doesn't. The odd thing is that no one experience the lag unanimously together...it seems that it's always a certain amount are and a certain amount aren't. Odd.

The day I installed 1.2.10 was the first time I experienced it, so, I blame that. Initially once 1.2.10 dropped I thought it was just me, but now I've realized pretty much everyone is experiencing it because the discussion of "Why am I lagging/warping?" consumes the MP chat. Hope this is fixed SOON (the regular "soon", not the trademarked "soon").

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Don't know why no one really listens.

We have been doing dynamic campaigns for the past few month with around 40 players from different timezones and different pings.

The server was stable and working with many ground units.

The only time we saw Lag is when many ground units were given movement orders by waypoints through CA.

For any one who doesn't believe it, checkout my link in the signature, in our statistics website there's info for an FTP that holds all the ACMI files for all the campaign missions.

The net code is stable enough since about 1.2.6, it's just a matter of knowing how to build the missions.

Soon we will put up registration for our next campaign which will run a few days a week.

Here is a small promo -

Edit - it's important to add that in the case of P51D and the Fw190, the lag happens due to the FPS hit each client has when bullets are fired, this will only be fixed in Edge as according to Wags there's no way to fix it in the current graphics engine.

Edited by xcom

Stability on the netcode has been vastly improved over the past year, in no small part thanks to the testing team going through all the reports we gave them *thumbs up*

The Virtual Aerobatics Server gets full most evenings with 32 players on a 100/100 dedicated line. I have had it up to 64 but then it can be ait laggy with people with higher pings.

But in general, things are much improved over the past few patches

Pman

even on the dogs of war server it seems quite stable for the most part.of course especially on our server we have to live with the performance hits of current tracers, but its very playable for most of the time...

we got 32players for the very first time on our server this week, and it seemed to be as playable as with ~10people.

From my experience. (Shrek Squad fly multiplayer many times a week) MP was very unstable a few versions ago but ED and the testers have managed to sort a lot of issues out. We rarely have problems now. Issues did occur with some scripts and if a member joined with a low ping.

Now apart for a micro stutter when some people join later in the mission and the FPS hit with some gun runs we rarely have serious problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-