[REPORTED] F/A-18C unable to enter NTTR missions

caponi

I'm having this issue as well only on the NTTR map. Hard freeze if I cold start the Hornet with ordnance on it. If I cold start it slick, it will start and then I can add ordnance and fly normally.

Allrighty, let me join the club. Have freezes on NTTR in Hornet and Harrier. Have mixed loadouts. Switched back to release version, all´s fine... Happens now after latest update to 2.5.5...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

[MISSING MISSION FILE] F/A-18C unable to enter NTTR missions

Version: Open Beta 2.5.5 Jun. 14

Situation:

Aircraft with payloads.

Enemy targets deployed on the map.

Other subjects included, such as waypoints, event trigger.

Launching missions via both Mission Editor and Mission start window will be frozen on loading screen(stopping at world perload 1/60).

It seems that the issue only occurs flying F/A-18C Nevada Missions. The issue not exists on Caucasus and PG map.

I figured out that this only happens when there are AI units placed. I was able to fly in NTTR just fine with the hornet with today's update, but only alone.

PS: i don't know if a mission file is really needed. It happens in every mission except empty ones.

I figured out that this only happens when there are AI units placed. I was able to fly in NTTR just fine with the hornet with today's update, but only alone.

PS: i don't know if a mission file is really needed. It happens in every mission except empty ones.

Yes, I have the same situation.

I must add that with AI units I was referring to air assets. I was releasing some JDAMs on enemy ground units already in NTTR, thus ground AI units seem to no break the sim.

No. I created an AGM-154A test mission, only ground AI units existed, still broken.

Hi

I have to revisit my statement. It is definitely not related to any AI units. It is rather related to the loadout. (I suspect a coincidence as in missions containing AI units, the player usually is also equipped with ordnance)

I did some testing but wasn't really able to pinpoint it down. In the mission i mentioned when i dropped the JDAMs, i was equipped with 2 AIM9M at the wingtips and 4 GBU38. NO FUSELAGE tank equipped. It worked fine. However everytime a fuselage tank is equipped, it did not work. At first I was suspecting that the fuselage tank causes issues. Interestingly, this is not very reliable since i also tried other loadouts without the fuselage tank (only 2 AIM9M at the wingtips) and it also didn't work. This is mysterious since the AIM9Ms worked perfectly when i equipped them with JDAMs.

Mysterious...

TLDR: Loadout issue. What i tried so far (color code self explanatory)

• 2 x AIM9M on wingtip
  • 2 x AIM9M on wingtip + fuselage tank
  • 2 x AIM9M on wingtip + 4 x GBU38
  • 2 x AIM9M on wingtip + 4 x AGM65 + fuselage tank
  • fuselage tank

i can do more but i don't have time right now

Edited by Moafuleum

Hi

I have to revisit my statement. It is definitely not related to any AI units. It is rather related to the loadout. (I suspect a coincidence as in missions containing AI units, the player usually is also equipped with ordnance)

I did some testing but wasn't really able to pinpoint it down. In the mission i mentioned when i dropped the JDAMs, i was equipped with 2 AIM9M at the wingtips and 4 GBU38. NO FUSELAGE tank equipped. It worked fine. However everytime a fuselage tank is equipped, it did not work. At first I was suspecting that the fuselage tank causes issues. Interestingly, this is not very reliable since i also tried other loadouts without the fuselage tank (only 2 AIM9M at the wingtips) and it also didn't work. This is mysterious since the AIM9Ms worked perfectly when i equipped them with JDAMs.

Mysterious...

TLDR: Loadout issue. What i tried so far (color code self explanatory)

• 2 x AIM9M on wingtip
  • 2 x AIM9M on wingtip + fuselage tank
  • 2 x AIM9M on wingtip + 4 x GBU38
  • 2 x AIM9M on wingtip + 4 x AGM65 + fuselage tank
  • fuselage tank

i can do more but i don't have time right now

Thanks for testing!

Launching missions via both Mission Editor and Mission start window will be frozen on loading screen(stopping at world perload 1/60).

This happens on my nevada missions when player's F/A-18C is set to "start from parking hot".

Mission is loading without problems, when i set it to "start from ramp".

Can anyone confirm?

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• ED Team

It appears that the issue might be with the center mfd map on Nevada, or its interaction with the JSOW, the cold start missions on Nevada start fine, but when I try to start up, DCS freezes and crashes the moment I try to light up the center mfd. It is fine for the first few seconds while the screen is still black, but the moment it should light up it doesn't, instead DCS crashes.

Edited by m4ti140

We did some test runs, but are not 100% sure - but if you activate the AMPCD, just before you get out to taxi to the runway [alignment, re-arm etc. pp. are done!]; we got no freeze - just at the moment.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

We did some test runs, but are not 100% sure - but if you activate the AMPCD, just before you get out to taxi to the runway [alignment, re-arm etc. pp. are done!]; we got no freeze - just at the moment.

Can confirm this workaround and freezes without it.