M-2000C Red Flag Campaign announcement

baltic_dragon

Hey guys,

I wanted to officially let you know (in a separate thread) that I am soon going to begin working on a DLC campaign for M-2000C set in NTTR. Below you will find some info and first ideas, and then a plea to those interested..

Short background

The campaign will be set in 2012, four years after the original Caucasus campaign. It will feature the same squadron and (hopefully) quite a few pilots you've flown with in Georgia. French Mirages are coming to play the role of United Arab Emirates air force that will likely take part in the upcoming - and what looks to be unavoidable - conflict between US and Iran after failure of nuclear talks (which will be featured when Strait of Hormuz flag arrives).

Length and difficulty

Since it is a DLC, I am looking at no less than 15 (and probably 18) missions, longer than the ones from the original campaign. As I have learned a lot about A-A combat while developing that one and F-15C campaign with Viper (should be finished pretty soon, btw) I guess it will be way more challenging than the previous one. As the module is close to being finished, it will also force you to use all of the systems available onboard M-2000C. You will definitely need to work under time pressure (Red Flags are all about synchronisation and timing after all. Ah yes, and shooting) so those desired time on target options of the INS might come quite handy. With long missions you will probably be required to update your INS and use your VTB for checking the bullseye calls. And much more of course.

Other features

Of course a lot of voiceovers (including completely revamped ATC, I am toying with the idea of replacing the AI ATC with F-10 Radio Menu one for all missions); developed and consistent characters with their own story; decisions to be made during the missions that will influence how the story will go (within the mission, I think I still wont' be doing a branched campaign, though there might be some alternative missions in several places); possibly additional tasks if you go through A-A refueling... and many more

When

I don't want to give any dates. Obviously, creating a full scale campaign takes time, so we are looking at not less than 6 months, realistically even 9. I will keep you posted on the progress.

A PLEA

I am looking for volunteers to work as voice actors on this one. Of course I hope to have quite a few people from the original campaign reappearing in the consistent roles (so each character will have his own name and one voice actor will be impersonating him throughout the campaign), but I'd love to have some more people with:

- French accent(native French speakers, I don't exclude part of the dialogues to be in French with EN subtitles, whenever it seems suitable, like inter-element discussions in certain circumstances)

- English (US accent) - it is a Red Flag after all and I want to have real voice actors for all the flights (completely foregoing the original AI radio messages about passing waypoints and whatnot)

- English (UK accent) - Brits will participate in the Red Flag as well

- Italian and Arabic - for other allies taking part in Red Flag.

For those active in helping with the campaign I envisage some kind of compensation, details to be discussed. If you are interested please PM me or (even better) e-mail me at baltic_dragon@icloud.com.

Cheers,

BD

VIDEO PREVIEW AND Q&A

Part TWO

Campaign Teaser by DOC

PREVIEW ON MUDSPIKE:Campaign preview written by Fridge :)

TRAINING MISSION 10 (NTTR) preparing you for the RED FLAG -> DOWNLOAD

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pm me if you need accents. I'm Canadian so I can do obvs a Canadian, American, and French as well as french dialogue.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Thanks guys, I'll PM those interested asking for some details. For the moment I am in a preparation phase and it still can take 2-3 weeks before the actual recording (for some, as not all forces will be already talking in the first mission or two). But many thanks for your willingness to help, keep it coming!

...and thanks to everyone who volunteered, i think I have really a good number of voice actors that want to help (around 22), so you can expect even more dialogues and VOs than in the Caucasus campaign.

While finalising the F-15C one with feefifofum (should be ready by the end of March) I am now going through several books and articles on Red Flag - its history, rules, specific areas etc. I am also waiting for some information about the tasks that French Mirages undertook while flying in NTTR and slowly putting together mission ideas. Finally, I am flying excellent campaigns by Wags to get better feeling of what is required during one :)

Oh, and if you have any interesting material you could / want to share (in English or French) regarding M-2000C operations or Red Flag / NTTR please do so!

Quick question. Will this be a paid DLC campaign?

I don't think it's a stretch to say yes. All the other Red Flag campaigns are (and well worth it too).

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Oh, and if you have any interesting material you could / want to share (in English or French) regarding M-2000C operations or Red Flag / NTTR please do so!

The book "La guerre vue du ciel" has a few pages about the French engagement in the Red Flag 2002. Sadly it is a squadron of 4 2000D and 4 F1CT, so it is mainly ground attack missions.

If you want to, I can read these few pages again and summerize it for you.

Edited by gemballa974

Thaks! I will try to find this book as well, I speak French well enough to be able to read it. Though if I can't find it I'll PM you.

Right at the source: the editor's website

http://www.nimrod.fr/61-la-guerre-vue-du-ciel.html

Red Flag campaign or not, it's a great reading about current warfare. Not a page wasted in this book: action, action, action !

Mirage 2000C in Red Flag would play AA only.

If you want to task them in AG it would be closer to Mirage 2000N

http://www.ina.fr/video/CPC08003568

The difficulties of buddy lasing between Mirage F1 CT and Mirage 2000D of the book would apply to Mirage 2000C if we had another fast jet to do the job. But currently in DCS there is only A-10C (slow), so it's even more complicated !

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Thanks jojo, will grab it! I think I will allow some A-G missions for the sake of funnin the cammaping though. Besides players will simulate UAE air forces which would no doubt used for such a task. I'd love to recreate 100% accurate RF experience, but with limited resources and even more limited AI I will have to improvise at places. Having said that I will do my best to capture the specific RF feeling!

Hey BD, I am a professional tester IRL, so if you need help with that let me know. I have learned so much just by testing and retesting the training missions and I really enjoyed doing it. :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Hey BD, I am a professional tester IRL, so if you need help with that let me know. I have learned so much just by testing and retesting the training missions and I really enjoyed doing it. :)

Thanks, PM sent!

Nice project !

I can lend you my French accent if you want, or record some French conversation !

Thanks, perfect! I'll get back to you soon once I sort out the cast and positions I need :) could you shoot me an e-mail at baltic_dragon@icloud.com with your preferred role (M-2000 pilot, helo pilot, AMC etc.)?

Thank you all for your willingness to help once again, it is really incredible!

Nice to hear of a M2000 Red flag campaign.

Will we be seeing some more diversity for missions for this platform within Red Flag? Since unlike the F15C, the M2000C role is not strictly encompassed around a2a ( can employ some A2G ordinance)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD