OK ED... Anytime your ready to announce the next aircraft

1stVFW Hawk

I don't get this big rush for the next aircraft personally, as I still have two that I have to master first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

The problem is many people just don't like either BS or A-10 and for them those crafts are just booooooring.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

GlowingAmraam on youtube: Couple of projects im working on, including a new promo, Hot Zone 2 and a revisit to an old classic from me...Superior Fighters 2. :)

Doesn`t mean anything regarding the date of announcement, but....nice to know:D

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I don't care about knowing what is the next aircraft. I'm sure we'll enjoy the new module in the same way we are having fun with A-10C. That said, I think we haven't had any update lately from ED. I miss those tweets and posts with new features or bugs corrected. It helps to keep the community interest high now that the most active thread in ED forums is about Falcon BMS. Don't get me wrong, I'm not critizicing anything, I'm just pointing out it would be nice to have a little more feedback about next releases, new features and bug corrections, just as it was not so long ago.

I don't care about knowing what is the next aircraft. I'm sure we'll enjoy the new module in the same way we are having fun with A-10C.

Negative! If it will be a fighter then all "sleeping" virtual pilots wake up. :robot:

I miss those tweets and posts with new features or bugs corrected. It helps to keep the community interest high now that the most active thread in ED forums is about Falcon BMS. Don't get me wrong, I'm not critizicing anything, I'm just pointing out it would be nice to have a little more feedback about next releases, new features and bug corrections, just as it was not so long ago.

I feel the same. I don't hear ED voice now. It looks like they have no idea what to do now...

Edited by Sanch0

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

Corrected few bugs, compability with GheyTen... and in the future maybe FC 4 together with DCS F-16\F-18.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I feel the same. I don't hear ED voice now. It looks like they have no idea what to do now...

Holding back announcements on what the next product is is actually standard practice in the game industry. Announcing too early is essentially the same as saying "hey, here's a game you can buy now, but nevermind that game - focus on this other thing instead" which is just weird.

There's a reason the games industry makes a lot of use of NDA's. ;)

My most commonly used example is: do you know how long Relic had Dawn of War being worked on, but still holding it secret? The answer is: a LOOOONG time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
If it will be a fighter then all "sleeping" virtual pilots wake up. :robot:

Good point. :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Three choices:

A. Announced game long before release = valorware, feeling that its taking forever, and general animosity over lack of new information or release dates on said game. Perfect example: Duke Nukem Forever.

B. Keep silence on project everyone is expecting but nobody knows what it is = causing rumors to run wild.

C. Everyone waits for a game from series A... but you release nearly a half dozen amazing other games without word of the one everyone wants. = Valve Software.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Around June 2010 DCS announced DCS A10C, Pre-purchase became available in Sept 2010 with access to the beta, The release date for DCS A10C was in Feb 2011.

If DCS announced today the next incarnation of the sim and using previous release times as a guide we would expect to see a pre-purchase date around Jan2012 and a release date around May 2012.

^^ Theory works all the time..

The real world does not.

If they say what it is now and a free months down the line everything changes then they will be lynched.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Around June 2010 DCS announced DCS A10C, Pre-purchase became available in Sept 2010 with access to the beta, The release date for DCS A10C was in Feb 2011.

If DCS announced today the next incarnation of the sim and using previous release times as a guide we would expect to see a pre-purchase date around Jan2012 and a release date around May 2012.

So one could surmise that they do not have a product on track to be available next summer. Cool. I can stop worrying.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If they say what it is now and a free months down the line everything changes then they will be lynched.

If they've been working on the next module for the past six (roughly?) months and they decide to drop it (for whatever reason) months from now, I'd say the reaction from the community would not be the biggest problem facing them, wouldn't you?

I do want to be careful, because I am fully aware that I am not privy to all the considerations ED has to take into account. Also: I demand nothing. But I was honestly confused when Wags (somewhere, I can't remember now where) made some noises about not wanting to announce yet in case the project for some reason couldn't go forward.

Again, I'm not breaking balls here. Just trying to get my head around it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So one could surmise that they do not have a product on track to be available next summer. Cool. I can stop worrying.:D

Release dates of previous DCS-modules:

BS: 12/2008

A10: 02/2011

Based on that, I'd say we can expect next DCS-module in early 2013. Probably even later, because amount of work is increasing with every new addition (all those previous modules must be updated to make them compatible with new one)...

Announcing too early is essentially the same as saying "hey, here's a game you can buy now, but nevermind that game - focus on this other thing instead" which is just weird.

Three choices:

A. Announced game long before release = valorware, feeling that its taking forever, and general animosity over lack of new information or release dates on said game. Perfect example: Duke Nukem Forever.

B. Keep silence on project everyone is expecting but nobody knows what it is = causing rumors to run wild.

C. Everyone waits for a game from series A... but you release nearly a half dozen amazing other games without word of the one everyone wants. = Valve Software.

You forgot FighterOps, I joined their forums in 2005...I believe and it's getting close to the end of 2011. Hopefully they'll release some new pictures or video to keep people interrested. There forums have been like molasses for awhile. I don't mind the wait even though I don't have A-10C and I rarely fly the Black shark. Still spend almost all my time in FC2 and still hoping for FC3 :D, while messing around with Falcon BMS recently.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

To keep the game alive and kick out the bored they need a new feature called dinamic campaign. Yes there are alot of thread about it and I'm aware of that.

Lockon, FC and DCS A-10 all suffering from the same plague. Its nice to play them at the first time but once you're good at it, it become boring cause lack of mission.

Now back to lurking :P

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Lockon, FC and DCS A-10 all suffering from the same plague. Its nice to play them at the first time but once you're good at it, it become boring cause lack of mission.

Just out of pure curiosity, how often have you actually played through a falcon 4 campaign?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The DC mafia just need to get online more. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

....Its nice to play them at the first time but once you're good at it, it become boring cause lack of mission.....

Random Mission Generator.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'