Do we need to install patch 1.02 after install of Black Shark 2

Quirkitized

Install patch to BS 1.02 if you are utilizing it as a separate SIM, ie for FC2 compatibility. If not, uninstall it - no need to keep two installs. BS2 completely separate.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So as polecat and mustang said Installing Black Shark 2 patch with a 1.0 version of Black Shark worked. However, once you update to Black Shark 2, do we have to install patch 1.02 or does Black Shark 2 include all the updates?

You can patch BS1 after the upgrade to 1.02. This does not affect BS2 at all. It is a completely separate install. :)

Out

Edited by PoleCat

Thanks.

So to clarify to anybody else that sees this thread.

To install Black Shark 2 from original black shark

1. Uninstall your black shark 1.02

2. Re-install black shark, the default original 1.0

3. Install NEW Black Shark 2

4. THEN patch your OLD Black Shark 1.0 to 1.02

Black Shark 2 is different than Black Shark 1.0, patch 1.02 will not effect Black Shark 2. Only patch your old Black Shark version 1.0 if you wish to continue to play the old game.

Cheers.

Installs are not the same as activations. You do not need to spend activations to reinstall, since it's on the same machine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just to make sure I understand. I bought the BS2 patch, but installing it will keep my BS 1.02 and create a new install BS2 so I have the two games on the same machine right?

Correct.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just to make sure I understand. I bought the BS2 patch, but installing it will keep my BS 1.02 and create a new install BS2 so I have the two games on the same machine right?

No, you need to uninstall your 1.02 in order for BS2 to install, otherwise you will get an error. Must have Black Shark v1.0 to install Black Shark 2.

After you have Black Shark 2 installed, you can update your old Black Shark v1.0 to v1.02, so you will have two games installed.

Once Black Shark 2 is installed you can delete your old black shark 1.02

No, you need to uninstall your 1.02 in order for BS2 to install, otherwise you will get an error. Must have Black Shark v1.0 to install Black Shark 2.

After you have Black Shark 2 installed, you can update your old Black Shark v1.0 to v1.02, so you will have two games installed.

Once Black Shark 2 is installed you can delete your old black shark 1.02

Arghh. Reinstalling BS1 1.0 to have BS2 working? This is not serious? :mad:

But there seems to be a problem with Upgrade Patch installer and BS1 version 1.02, so you have to have BS1 version 1.0 installed prior to installing BS2. Then after BS2 you can patch BS1 to 1.02. Complicated..

Edited by Mustur

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me too, hope it will work... :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

double installation

Hi guys, do you know if I can install two versions of ka50?

1.02 and the version 2 ka50. You can do this? or the protection of the various log files are in conflict?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Who has issues with BS2 patch distribution installation. BS1 has to be both installed and activated (it doesn't matter whether activation is valid at the moment, it's just BS1 serial number what should be in the registry).

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

:music_whistling::pilotfly:beides.jpg

sorry, my english is not so good sonst würde ich dazu was schreiben!

Info:

Habe als 1. DCS Black Shark2 (Full) installiert und dann den 1 Black Shark+ Patch 1.0.2 installiert und muss sagen, es laufen unabhängig beide Versionen!

Könnte das bitte einer mal ins engl. übersetzen???

Thanks!

Edited by Scorpi

ARMA 3 SUPPORTER

I7 2600K/ P8P67/ 2x 120GB SSD OCZ Agility 3/ 32GB DDR3/ MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr II /WIN 8 Pro 64-bit/ HOTAS WARTHOG™/ TIR5/ G19